art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > General "Other" Books Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 05-11-2012, 10:24 AM
Youngling

Two Rivers Man is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Two Rivers Man
Default The Symphony of Ages

By Elizabeth Haydon

Anyone into this one? I rather enjoyed her use of music as magic. Though it's been done before I liked her system of vibrations in general and music in particular.

I'm a little upset she left off the series for so long, but I hear rumors of a new one coming out soon. Can't find the reference right now, though.

Any thoughts, good, bad or indifferent?

Last edited by Two Rivers Man; 05-11-2012 at 11:06 PM.
Old 05-12-2012, 11:09 AM
Youngling

Two Rivers Man is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Two Rivers Man

Granted that wasn't much of a start.

If not particularly original, I liked miss Haydon's storyline, even if her description of the companions trip through the earth was time consuming, and at some points boring, I suppose it was necessary.

I think, from the majority of oppinions I've seen elsewhere, Achmed the Snake is the most popular of her main characters. He's rude, crude, obnoxious and arrogant. Everuthing you want in a hero type MC.

I rather liked Grunthor, myself. Especially his marching songs. They were the only songs in her books that actually had words. All of her others were merely described; morning aubades, evening vespers, her rhapsody at Gwilliam's moot, etc.

Anyway, I hope that's a bit better start to the thread.