art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (4): aarakatholl, mjarzombejohn, legavulaprinc, sakrsaulb,

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > WHEEL OF TIME FORUMS > General Wheel of Time Discussion
User Name
Password

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 11:24 AM
Youngling

Oden will become famous soon enoughOden will become famous soon enough

I don't want to stir the kettle, but I guess it's inevitable in this matter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ieyasu View Post
I have thought most of your posts are directed at her too... you seem to enjoy following her around... so its not just her who thinks this...
I see it as Unreasoner being just a bit slower in posting than Terez and, like me, disagree with a number of her posts. The fact that Terez took it personal once made it semi-personal for both, no matter what subject. Had I been good at thinking straight I would have responded before Unreasoner several times, with nearly the same thoughts and arguments.
I was thinking of giving Unreasoner some support in this, since everbody who lets their thoughts be known seems to agree with Terez, at least by taking her side.
All, and I mean ALL troll calling have so far been unjust, except for the one Unreasoner made in this thread, along with the overreaction.

*going back to the couch*

"I want a T-shirt with that sign, that some people need a high five... in the face... with a chair." -Slash
Old 07-03-2012, 01:00 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oden View Post
I don't want to stir the kettle, but I guess it's inevitable in this matter. I see it as Unreasoner being just a bit slower in posting than Terez and, like me, disagree with a number of her posts.
No, he follows me around making lazy attempts to correct me in which he doesn't even bother to read my posts. It's his mission in life, apparently.

Quote:
The fact that Terez took it personal once made it semi-personal for both, no matter what subject. Had I been good at thinking straight I would have responded before Unreasoner several times, with nearly the same thoughts and arguments.
If you were going to respond the same way as him this time, then you must have reading comprehension issues too.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:21 PM
Elder

Ieyasu is a splendid one to beholdIeyasu is a splendid one to beholdIeyasu is a splendid one to beholdIeyasu is a splendid one to beholdIeyasu is a splendid one to beholdIeyasu is a splendid one to beholdIeyasu is a splendid one to beholdIeyasu is a splendid one to beholdIeyasu is a splendid one to beholdIeyasu is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
since everbody who lets their thoughts be known seems to agree with Terez, at least by taking her side.
All, and I mean ALL troll calling have so far been unjust, except for the one Unreasoner made in this thread, along with the overreaction.

*going back to the couch*
I rarely, if ever, agree with terez, nor was I taking her side in this matter, which is one reason she expressed shock when I noticed it in another thread...I think she deserves half the personal attacks she gets just by calling people stupid or idiots for not agreeing with her, or talking down to them.

I do not know everyone else's definition of trolling, but MY definition is saying or doing something to provoke a reaction.

That is pretty broad and most every single person here has trolled for a response at one time or another.

I am not on her side, or on unreasonable's side. They both troll each other...

I just dont understand all the "im ignoring you, just wanted to say it so you KNOW im ignoring you" and "im deleting my account, no really, i swear it this time guise!" comments that seem to be trending in the past year or two.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:28 PM
Elder

The Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't want to stir the kettle, but I guess it's inevitable in this matter. I see it as Unreasoner being just a bit slower in posting than Terez and, like me, disagree with a number of her posts. The fact that Terez took it personal once made it semi-personal for both, no matter what subject.
We do seem to let each other get under our skin, don't we?
Quote:
Had I been good at thinking straight I would have responded before Unreasoner several times, with nearly the same thoughts and arguments. I was thinking of giving Unreasoner some support in this, since everbody who lets their thoughts be known seems to agree with Terez, at least by taking her side.
Your support is appreciated. And especially with the bold comment. I'm not pulling arguments out of my ass, here. There are several common threads to my positions (none of which have anything to do with Terez).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
No, he follows me around making lazy attempts to correct me in which he doesn't even bother to read my posts. It's his mission in life, apparently.
I certainly have more important things to do than follow you around. Although I seem to recall you equating 'having a life' with 'being wrong' (though frankly, if it comes down to having a life or being right about WoT, I'm going with the life). But I enjoy posting and debating in a variety of topics. If we're both posting everywhere, it may come off as trolling. Generally I don't see much point in posting in agreement with you, as plenty of others will do that for me, and generally make whatever points I would care to make on my own.

However if you have a habit of saying things like 'The voice in the end of TEotW was the DO' without any sort of qualifying statement noting that it is only your (oft disputed) opinion, and to people who will take you at your word, no less; I might be more inclined to post even minor disagreements.
Quote:
If you were going to respond the same way as him this time, then you must have reading comprehension issues too.
Yeah, insult him. That'll make your position stronger.

Look, I understand that what you saw as your main point was more or less along the same lines as WH's. But (at least to me), your implying that soul and thread are interchangeable terms I disagreed with. And apparently so did WH.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:28 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ieyasu View Post
I rarely, if ever, agree with terez, nor was I taking her side in this matter, which is one reason she expressed shock when I noticed it in another thread...I think she deserves half the personal attacks she gets just by calling people stupid or idiots for not agreeing with her, or talking down to them.
I never call people stupid or idiots simply for disagreeing with me...ever. I call people that for making dumb arguments, and I usually only get angry enough to call names when the logic is aggressively bad.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:29 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unreasoner View Post
I certainly have more important things to do than follow you around.
Then stop doing it.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:47 PM
Elder

The Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
Then stop doing it.
That's an overly simple reply to my post. I (at least partially) explained the situation in the parts you didn't quote. And the simplest solution is one I provided a short while ago: put me on your ignore list. I can't put you on mine, as you know. But I can't possibly be looking for a reaction from someone who can't even see my posts, so (from your pov) no more 'trolling'. And you can't logically accuse me of it anymore (objectively, at this point). So less acetaminophen damage to my liver.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:54 PM
Hero of the Horn

SauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to SauceyBlueConfetti

Thread is being closed due to misbehavior

Discussions will ensue. If anyone involved has questions, please contact a Mod via PM.
Yeah. Murderous Saucey. My superhero name
I am Detroit. You REALLY wanna call me wimpy?
Haphazardly Spell & Fact Checked Since June 2001

Last edited by SauceyBlueConfetti; 07-03-2012 at 04:40 PM.
Closed Thread