art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Guild Wars: Theoryland
User Name
Password

Old 08-14-2012, 01:47 AM
Elder

czymann is just really niceczymann is just really niceczymann is just really niceczymann is just really nice
Default Home Server

Ok people its coming down to the wire and we need to choose a Home Server. Right now some of us are leaning towards Yaks Bend. Allies have been notified and they are having a vote on which will be ours. Anvil Rock was my first pick, however that server was always completely full and in my opinion overpopulated. Yaks Bend appears to be the better choice right now, but make yer voices heard and let us know what you think.
Old 08-14-2012, 02:30 AM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

Yak's Bend sounds good for the reasons Stormy said, but also because it looks like I might have some friends that are going to be playing on there.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:22 AM
Hero of the Horn

WinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to WinespringBrother

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowbaneX View Post
Yak's Bend sounds good for the reasons Stormy said, but also because it looks like I might have some friends that are going to be playing on there.
Your friends with whom I played for a bit during the BWEs are pretty cool, I could go along with that choice.

"Oh, y'all [Theorylanders] are awesome with awesome sauce, but you ask a lot of tricky questions. I had to watch myself with you guys." - Maria

"I need to RAFO more things, I'm not being very Robert Jordan..." - Brandon
Old 08-14-2012, 11:20 AM
Hero of the Horn

Isabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Isabel

Is that server mixed? (can also europeans play there?)
Where do i have to say I want to be in Yak's bend?
'Rand al'Thor, Nynaeve shrieked, that is the most outrageous thing I ever heard out of your mouth. The very idea of telling three women you love them! You are worse than a lecher. You apologize right now!'

Isabel sedai of the Green Ajah, Amyrlin of the Official Nynaeve Fanclub, first sister to Gennie Sedai of the Green Ajah, bonded to Camel, Wolf Gaidin, Jachthond and ghostrider.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:12 PM
Hero of the Horn

WinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabel View Post
Is that server mixed? (can also europeans play there?)
Where do i have to say I want to be in Yak's bend?
There are separate American and EU servers/worlds - I believe you will have to choose a European server based on your IP address (not 100% sure though) but you can still be in the guild - those are not region based - and AFAIK you can guest on the American server - though you may not reap all the benefits of not being on the same home world. Yak's Bend is an American server, but we should have a vote on the European server as well. The vote is going on at Celestial Phoenix's (our alliance) facebook page.

"Oh, y'all [Theorylanders] are awesome with awesome sauce, but you ask a lot of tricky questions. I had to watch myself with you guys." - Maria

Old 08-14-2012, 12:19 PM
Hero of the Horn

Sarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinespringBrother View Post
There are separate American and EU servers/worlds - I believe you will have to choose a European server based on your IP address (not 100% sure though) but you can still be in the guild - those are not region based - and AFAIK you can guest on the American server - though you may not reap all the benefits of not being on the same home world. Yak's Bend is an American server, but we should have a vote on the European server as well. The vote is going on at Celestial Phoenix's (our alliance) facebook page.
WRONG!

Sorry for shouting, but I wanted to be clear.

When we get the screen where we pick the world, we DON'T pick a world, but select "North-American Worlds" (or whatever it was called) at the top somewhere. This causes the game to disconnect and re-connect and come up with the list of North-American world.

the Grey Viper, the Lord of Forsaken Roads, the Pink Sunset
Old 08-14-2012, 12:53 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarevok View Post
WRONG!

Sorry for shouting, but I wanted to be clear.

When we get the screen where we pick the world, we DON'T pick a world, but select "North-American Worlds" (or whatever it was called) at the top somewhere. This causes the game to disconnect and re-connect and come up with the list of North-American world.
Hopefully it will stay that way when the game goes live.

Old 08-14-2012, 08:09 PM
Hero of the Horn

List of servers posted:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/i...-guild-wars-2/

Old 08-14-2012, 08:33 PM
Elder

123seem is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to 123seem

From the way voting has been going on FB, Its looking like Yaks Bend is where we are gonna be.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:31 PM
Youngling

C S Queen will become famous soon enough

I agree with yaks bend
Old 08-15-2012, 11:48 AM
Elder

czymann is just really niceczymann is just really niceczymann is just really niceczymann is just really nice

It would be something if Yaks Bend is indeed our home server. My city of Pontiac has several nicknames other than shithole, The Yak is one of those nicknames.
Going back to the Yak!
Old 08-16-2012, 06:30 PM
Hero of the Horn

Firseal has much to be proud ofFirseal has much to be proud ofFirseal has much to be proud ofFirseal has much to be proud ofFirseal has much to be proud ofFirseal has much to be proud ofFirseal has much to be proud ofFirseal has much to be proud ofFirseal has much to be proud ofFirseal has much to be proud ofFirseal has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Firseal

I frankly disagree with both of Storm's reasons. A heavily populated server would be best. Overflow eventually will work itself out once the distribution of player levels does, and newer players (once the game is open to the public the population will spike wildly) will move to the less populated servers. What's heavily populated now may only be mildly so once the game is open. However, the initial enviornment to be doing the game in - that is learning it - also has greater virtues with a heavily populated server. With so many events currently ranging from difficult to near impossible solo, I will take my chances that I don't roll the dice on a less populated server - and when I do want to be less bothered, seeking overflow has its attractive advantages as well. Therefore, a server that is likely to have either very high or very low populations per region suits me more than one that in general will have an average number.

It must also be noted that I empathically do not care about WvW. With this being said, a heavier populated to start server serves best, as those who DO will be the ones fighting in it, while I will get the world benefits from it rather than hope my medium populated (and then later filled to full population) server can compete, being at the first outgunned and the second relatively inexperienced.

It doesn't necessarily need to be Anvil Rock, but I actually want a heavily populated server.

"You don't have to convince me you have a point. You have to convince me you have a viable one."

"A candle at noon means nothing
A candle at midnight, everything."
Old 08-16-2012, 07:33 PM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

I think the presence of our Allies and my friends & their Allies will probably make it a high population server.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:26 PM
Hero of the Horn

Firseal has much to be proud ofFirseal has much to be proud ofFirseal has much to be proud ofFirseal has much to be proud ofFirseal has much to be proud ofFirseal has much to be proud ofFirseal has much to be proud ofFirseal has much to be proud ofFirseal has much to be proud ofFirseal has much to be proud ofFirseal has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Firseal

I doubt the numbers difference will be that great.

"You don't have to convince me you have a point. You have to convince me you have a viable one."

"A candle at noon means nothing
A candle at midnight, everything."
Old 08-16-2012, 11:40 PM
Elder

Orc is a glorious beacon of lightOrc is a glorious beacon of lightOrc is a glorious beacon of lightOrc is a glorious beacon of lightOrc is a glorious beacon of lightOrc is a glorious beacon of light

I'm going to be wherever everyone else is, high or low population
Old 08-17-2012, 03:10 AM
Hero of the Horn

Sarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinespringBrother View Post
Hopefully it will stay that way when the game goes live.
I think they heard Emma's question.

Old 08-17-2012, 03:28 PM
Hero of the Horn

Isabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Isabel

Haha, very good. There must be some wot fans who make gw.
'Rand al'Thor, Nynaeve shrieked, that is the most outrageous thing I ever heard out of your mouth. The very idea of telling three women you love them! You are worse than a lecher. You apologize right now!'

Isabel sedai of the Green Ajah, Amyrlin of the Official Nynaeve Fanclub, first sister to Gennie Sedai of the Green Ajah, bonded to Camel, Wolf Gaidin, Jachthond and ghostrider.
Old 08-17-2012, 04:16 PM
Hero of the Horn

I talked to my friends and it looks like they'll be bringing nearly 300 people into it as well. That's a good solid base of players I would think...and that number could well sky-rocket if their old player base/retired members start to show up.

I think Yak's Bend is a very good idea.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:23 PM
Youngling

Light Ranger is an unknown quantity at this point

hey all.

the alliance I'm currently in is going to Sanctum of Rall. Don't know what the difference in that and Yak's is since I didn't do any BWE's, but I'll likely join you guys first thing.

BTW, I'm sure there's an article that says something about this, but can various toons on my account be on different worlds, i.e. in different guilds, without penalty?
Old 08-17-2012, 06:25 PM
Hero of the Horn

From what I remember:
Guild are world-wide, not restricted to a server, so no worries there.
An account can be a member of several guilds, but only represent one at a time (and thus only have bonuses from one guild apply at once). iirc, guild membership(s) are still account based, just like GW1.

Being on a different home server than us won't matter much unless you want to PvP with us. You can be guest on any other world that you have friends on (although from the link I posted abose, they might not put it in on the first day?)

Last edited by Sarevok; 08-17-2012 at 06:27 PM.