art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > WHEEL OF TIME FORUMS > General Wheel of Time Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 08-14-2012, 12:26 AM
Youngling

Wheel of Thyme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Who is the Mystery Taveren with the Yellow Eyes?

Hi all. First post for me
We all know that when Mat, Perrin and Rand think about each other they get Instant RandVision Access to what the others are doing. In light of that, consider Perrins POV, from Knife of Dreams chapter 12, on page 321 of my softcover book:

"She and Mishima exchanged glances. Light, he hoped there was nothing in the prophecies about TWO men with yellow eyes. Those colors whirled, and he dashed them"

So...my question to you all is...who was being "summoned" by Perrins stray thought; it seems to me there is a mystery taveren, never before seen because no one thought of him in that light prior to this instance. Clearly it wasnt in reference to himself, Perrin. Elyas? Noam/ Boundless? And could either be the "Broken Wolf" of the Dark Prophecies? That may merit the character getting Taveren status. Noam certainly was in a convenient place in a convenient time.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:42 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

I think that you're thinking in the wrong direction here.
The prophecies which Perrin thinks of here are the Prophecies of the Dragon, and who is the Dragon? Rand al'Thor. So it seems likely that Perrin had a stray thought of Rand, which can indeed produce such swirling colors in him (and in Mat).
Old 08-14-2012, 06:38 AM
Hero of the Horn

Ishara has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Ishara

I agree - and also, welcome! Consider popping by the New Users of Theoryland Forum to get acquainted with the ins and outs of posting here and to properly welcomed!

Rand: You are an insensitive bastard!!!
Mat: And you ruined another hat!

It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by lightening. -- Calvin

"Gee, I wish I could do magic! Maybe I'll try!" --SDog

Official Vixen of Theoryland and Theoryland Siren

Grain Goddess, the Rood Inverse, the Mad Glomper
Old 08-14-2012, 07:47 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Agreed on the prophecies causing the colors, and also, the second yellow-eyed man was Elyas, who was with him at the time.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:24 PM
Youngling

Wheel of Thyme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thanks for Explanation

Terez, Gonzo, Ishara,
Thanks so much for the warm welcome, and your opinions on the interpretation. It does make sense.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:59 PM
Elder

Jonai has much to be proud ofJonai has much to be proud ofJonai has much to be proud ofJonai has much to be proud ofJonai has much to be proud ofJonai has much to be proud ofJonai has much to be proud ofJonai has much to be proud ofJonai has much to be proud ofJonai has much to be proud ofJonai has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Jonai Send a message via AIM to Jonai Send a message via MSN to Jonai Send a message via Skype™ to Jonai

Thyme is very delicious. /welcome
Old 08-21-2012, 03:59 PM
Youngling

NobleHam has a spectacular aura aboutNobleHam has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Broken wolf

I agree with what the others have said, but also wanted to point out that I believe the "broken wolf" in the Prophecies of the Shadow refers to Hopper, since it says Death has known it.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:46 PM
Elder

bowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonai View Post
Thyme is very delicious. /welcome
Thinking of changing my name to "Wheel of Parsley". Lots of vitamins AND freshens your breath. Look out, DO!!!

Oh, and welcome!
Old 08-21-2012, 07:20 PM
Youngling

newyorkersedai is a splendid one to beholdnewyorkersedai is a splendid one to beholdnewyorkersedai is a splendid one to beholdnewyorkersedai is a splendid one to beholdnewyorkersedai is a splendid one to beholdnewyorkersedai is a splendid one to beholdnewyorkersedai is a splendid one to beholdnewyorkersedai is a splendid one to beholdnewyorkersedai is a splendid one to beholdnewyorkersedai is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
Agreed on the prophecies causing the colors, and also, the second yellow-eyed man was Elyas, who was with him at the time.
Yes. It's either Elyas or Hopper - both are broken. If it's Perrin because he met I shy once who became "Death" then this series is all sorts of downhill - and not subjectively...
Old 08-21-2012, 07:33 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's Rand, but that's another thread. (I believe the second most likely is Lan.)
Old 08-21-2012, 07:36 PM
Elder

The Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobleHam View Post
I agree with what the others have said, but also wanted to point out that I believe the "broken wolf" in the Prophecies of the Shadow refers to Hopper, since it says Death has known it.
*giggles*
Are you familiar with the phrase: 'opening a can of worms'?
Old 08-21-2012, 07:37 PM
Youngling

newyorkersedai is a splendid one to beholdnewyorkersedai is a splendid one to beholdnewyorkersedai is a splendid one to beholdnewyorkersedai is a splendid one to beholdnewyorkersedai is a splendid one to beholdnewyorkersedai is a splendid one to beholdnewyorkersedai is a splendid one to beholdnewyorkersedai is a splendid one to beholdnewyorkersedai is a splendid one to beholdnewyorkersedai is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
I think it's Rand, but that's another thread. (I believe the second most likely is Lan.)
Sigh, I don't think Rand's it, unless you hold very important the fact that wolves see Rand as an exceptional human.

LAN? Now that sounds like a likely additional candidate. Very likely, actually...
Old 08-21-2012, 07:39 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorkersedai View Post
Sigh, I don't think Rand's it, unless you hold very important the fact that wolves see Rand as an exceptional human.
There are other wolf references for Rand throughout the series, including the derivation of his name (from Randall). More than there are for Lan, actually. And that's not counting the Shadowkiller thing.