art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Hey New Users of Theoryland!
User Name
Password

Old 11-14-2012, 04:43 PM
Elder

Zombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Zombie Sammael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
It's sort of a tradition. That way you have to put forth an effort to keep your noob thread relevant to you.
Also, threadjacking is a fine old Theoryland tradition in itself, and one I will defend to the death. "Where the thread goes, nobody knows."

Master of the lightnings, rider on the storm,
wearer of a crown of swords, spinner out of fate.
Who thinks he turns the Wheel of Time,
may learn the truth too late.

Light is held before the maw of the infinite void, and all that he is can be seized.

The one who Death has known
Old 11-15-2012, 02:29 AM
Hero of the Horn

Sarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsofu View Post
Geez you guys, it's Hagi's howdy Theoryland thread, where we say, "HOWDY,Hagi, welcome to Theoryland! Hope you like us, and please, say something intelligent, cuz it would stand out around here." ~snicker~

Tsofu
Yeah, like other remarked: Newbie thread highjacking used to be a sport over here. You should go to the old Yuku boards and have a look at some of the newbie boards there.
The old rule used to be that a thread would be locked when it hit 100 posts. So we'd always try to get as far as possible before Zae caught it.

*hands out marshmallows*

*gets fire extinguisher ready just in case*

the Grey Viper, the Lord of Forsaken Roads, the Pink Sunset
Old 11-15-2012, 03:45 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarevok View Post
Yeah, like other remarked: Newbie thread highjacking used to be a sport over here. You should go to the old Yuku boards and have a look at some of the newbie boards there.
The old rule used to be that a thread would be locked when it hit 100 posts. So we'd always try to get as far as possible before Zae caught it.
I think that the record was somewhere in the four hundreds, but I'm not sure anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinespringBrother View Post
I wouldn't call Gawyn a supporter of Elaida's at all. As far as he knew, he was simply helping prevent an unlawful coup (granted, the coup attempt he blocked was opposing an unlawful coup but he didn't know that).

Witness the fact that he helped Siuan and Leane escape, for example.
Well, actually, he helped Min, a friend of his sister and the love of his life, escape. Siuan, Leane, Logain and Bela were just collateral damage of that.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:15 AM
Elder

Zombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Zombie Sammael

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTheGreat View Post
Well, actually, he helped Min, a friend of his sister and the love of his life, escape. Siuan, Leane, Logain and Bela were just collateral damage of that.
(emphasis mine)

So you're saying Gawyn was responsible for freeing the Dark One?

Master of the lightnings, rider on the storm,
wearer of a crown of swords, spinner out of fate.
Who thinks he turns the Wheel of Time,
may learn the truth too late.

Light is held before the maw of the infinite void, and all that he is can be seized.

The one who Death has known
Old 11-15-2012, 05:36 AM
Hero of the Horn

Sarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to behold

I went to check:
http://theoryland.yuku.com/forums/6/...C#.UKTHA2dBd8c
Birgitte seems to be the record holder at 215. 2nd is Brita 156, 3rd is me at 155.

the Grey Viper, the Lord of Forsaken Roads, the Pink Sunset
Old 11-15-2012, 05:50 AM
Elder

Figbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarevok View Post

*hands out marshmallows*

*gets fire extinguisher ready just in case*
Mine went over 100 posts *sighs happily*

I think it may have contained an argument too. Now that's what you call a noob thread.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:28 AM
Hero of the Horn

Nazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond repute

I had to resurect mine about three times because I kept weirding out people and it died. Can you believe it? Me weirding out people!
Lord Captain Commander of Singing Chipmunks
Master of Nazgul Kitchen
Old 11-15-2012, 09:45 AM
Elder

Khoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazbaque View Post
I had to resurect mine about three times because I kept weirding out people and it died. Can you believe it? Me weirding out people!
Who woulda thunk?

Life is a dream from which we all must wake before we can dream again.

Al dival, al kiserai, al mashi! - For light, glory, and love!

Carai an manshimaya ayend'an! - Honor of my blade for the fallen.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:18 AM
Youngling

Tsofu is a name known to allTsofu is a name known to allTsofu is a name known to allTsofu is a name known to allTsofu is a name known to allTsofu is a name known to allTsofu is a name known to allTsofu is a name known to all
Default Someone get the Geritol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figbiscuit View Post
Mine went over 100 posts *sighs happily*

I think it may have contained an argument too. Now that's what you call a noob thread.
The lot of you sound like a buncha geezers in their rocking chairs in 'the home' "Why in MY day, we knew how to hijack a thread! Hehehe."

Makes me feel kinda left out that my intro only got 9 responses. Oh but ya'll did get your knickers in a twist about the colors I used, so I guess that's something. It cracks me up that nearly everyone who pitched a fit about my lime and now my tan font color, yourselves use different colors in your -sometimes disturbingly long- signatures. That's somehow different? yeah, sure.

Tsofu

Tia mi aven Moridin isainde vadin
Old 11-15-2012, 10:23 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It cracks me up that nearly everyone who pitched a fit about my lime and now my tan font color, yourselves use different colors in your -sometimes disturbingly long- signatures.
Where do I fit into that?
I haven't thrown all that much of a fit over your color use, and I don't use a signature either.
I feel left out!
Old 11-15-2012, 12:55 PM
Youngling

Hagi is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you all for your warm welcome. I was out of the town. I had to take care of some bureaucratic procedures. **** was exhausting -_-

Quote:
Originally Posted by yks 6nnetu hing View Post
Welcome!

Cool, we've FINALLY someone from the Middle-East that can explain about stuff going on there. We tend to have some political threads active at any time on the Non board, sometimes about World events (don't mind the opinions. everyone's got one and some here are really vocal about expressing theirs.)

another Mat-fan, huh... *sigh* fine.
Middle East is a mess, my friend. Everything is corrupt here. Media, politicians, army officers... I'm afraid good days are far far away from ME.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:38 PM
Youngling

Tsofu is a name known to allTsofu is a name known to allTsofu is a name known to allTsofu is a name known to allTsofu is a name known to allTsofu is a name known to allTsofu is a name known to allTsofu is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTheGreat View Post
Where do I fit into that?
I haven't thrown all that much of a fit over your color use, and I don't use a signature either.
I feel left out!
Never left out, Gonzo! Never! Why don't you use a signature?
I went back and looked at my original electric blue font and it was pretty um, shocking. Kinda liked the lime green though.
Hagi, where the heck are ya (if it's not impolite to ask) in the Middle East. I mean that's sort of like saying, I'm in Europe. I'm not in Europe, understand, I'm just using it as an example and um...

So anyway, commence with your denigration of Dom's staggeringly long and *cough* boring*cough* posts and the general lack of spell check in most posts and Terez's wicked incisive conclusions and all of those silly threads yammering about Taimandred/Moridin/Cyndane being the trinity, blah blah blah.

Tsofu

Tia mi aven Moridin isainde vadin
Old 11-15-2012, 09:43 PM
Youngling

Hagi is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Never left out, Gonzo! Never! Why don't you use a signature?
I went back and looked at my original electric blue font and it was pretty um, shocking. Kinda liked the lime green though.
Hagi, where the heck are ya (if it's not impolite to ask) in the Middle East. I mean that's sort of like saying, I'm in Europe. I'm not in Europe, understand, I'm just using it as an example and um...

So anyway, commence with your denigration of Dom's staggeringly long and *cough* boring*cough* posts and the general lack of spell check in most posts and Terez's wicked incisive conclusions and all of those silly threads yammering about Taimandred/Moridin/Cyndane being the trinity, blah blah blah.

Tsofu
I'm from Denizli, an inner Aegean city from Western part of Turkey. A small city with great Hellenic relics. A peaceful place. Btw i'm reading TH for years now. Taimandred theory brought me here 3 years ago
Old 11-16-2012, 03:05 AM
Hero of the Horn

yks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagi View Post
Thank you all for your warm welcome. I was out of the town. I had to take care of some bureaucratic procedures. **** was exhausting -_-

Middle East is a mess, my friend. Everything is corrupt here. Media, politicians, army officers... I'm afraid good days are far far away from ME.
Sounds like Italy, except more secular. Also, sounds not as bad as Russia.

Bonded to JWB

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
Old 11-16-2012, 09:53 AM
Hero of the Horn

SauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to SauceyBlueConfetti

Quote:
It cracks me up that nearly everyone who pitched a fit about my lime and now my tan font color, yourselves use different colors in your -sometimes disturbingly long- signatures. That's somehow different? yeah, sure.

Tsofu
Sigs are not required reading while perusing discussions on interesting topics.

The lime green was disturbing to the point I would skip your posts at times. Which, I assume, was not your aim when joining our little posting forum, eh?
Yeah. Murderous Saucey. My superhero name
I am Detroit. You REALLY wanna call me wimpy?
Haphazardly Spell & Fact Checked Since June 2001
Old 11-16-2012, 10:12 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SauceyBlueConfetti View Post
The lime green was disturbing to the point I would skip your posts at times. Which, I assume, was not your aim when joining our little posting forum, eh?
I dunno. He may have joined purely in the hopes of being ignored by you. Until he joined, you weren't consciously ignoring him, were you?