art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > WHEEL OF TIME FORUMS > General Wheel of Time Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 04-28-2012, 08:43 AM
Youngling

Swordcrowned is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flinn Sedai View Post
It's been heavily implied that it does.
Really? Not that I dont believe you, I just dont recall anything in the books implying that. And I also dont read all the interviews like alot of people here.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:46 AM
Youngling

Flinn Sedai is just really niceFlinn Sedai is just really niceFlinn Sedai is just really niceFlinn Sedai is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordcrowned View Post
Really? Not that I dont believe you, I just dont recall anything in the books implying that. And I also dont read all the interviews like alot of people here.
I'll try to pull some quotes
Old 04-28-2012, 09:23 AM
Youngling

Flinn Sedai is just really niceFlinn Sedai is just really niceFlinn Sedai is just really niceFlinn Sedai is just really nice

I couldn't find a definitive quote either way. Mostly just quotes in the books, and from interviews saying Far Madding basically duplicated what the stedding did with the OP.

That said, here's the best quote I could find on the matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gathering Storm, Chapter 44
"I've heard of this place," Naeff said, riding up, close-cropped, dark brown hair ruffling in the wind. He narrowed his eyes, rectangular face dissatisfied. "It's like a stedding, only not as safe." Far Madding's massive ter'angreal—known as the Guardian—created invisible protective bubbles that blocked people from touching the One Power. That could be worked around through the use of a very specialized ter'angreal, one of which Nynaeve happened to be wearing. But it would help only slightly. The army looked close enough to be within the bubble that prevented men from channeling, which extended about a mile out around the city.
Now, that's not very conclusive, but it at least implies that the reason Far Madding is not as safe, is because Far Madding can be worked around with a well. On the other hand, how would Nynaeve know?

For the moment, I'm leaning towards your call of it not being possible, but the evidence is far from conclusive.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:35 AM
Youngling

Swordcrowned is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flinn Sedai View Post
Now, that's not very conclusive, but it at least implies that the reason Far Madding is not as safe, is because Far Madding can be worked around with a well. On the other hand, how would Nynaeve know?

For the moment, I'm leaning towards your call of it not being possible, but the evidence is far from conclusive.

With the course all the characters are on right now, I guess it doesnt really matter, unless it starts to matter in the series. And if that happens, we will have the definitive answer.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:37 AM
Youngling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordcrowned View Post
With the course all the characters are on right now, I guess it doesnt really matter, unless it starts to matter in the series. And if that happens, we will have the definitive answer.
Might be worth bringing up in a Q&A, though.

*looks pointedly at the people who actually talk to Sanderson*
Old 04-28-2012, 11:34 AM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Asked and answered kids:

Quote:
Interview: Oct 15th, 2011
NY ComicCon Report - Ted Herman (Paraphrased)
Ted Herman
Would a circle be broken by entering Far Madding or a stedding?
Brandon Sanderson
75% chance of no. It would be like using a Well and entering those locations (which would work)

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 04-28-2012, 11:36 AM
Youngling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davian93 View Post
Asked and answered kids:
Good call. I was looking through the interviews, and I couldn't find it. Only vague things comparing them. Thanks for the reference.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:35 PM
Youngling

Lost One is an unknown quantity at this point
Default thank you

I had been wondering about the Gardeners, if there were steddings in Seanchan and if they suffered the Longing. This has been answered for me. Thanks guys..