art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Conventions
User Name
Password

Old 01-11-2013, 09:54 PM
Hero of the Horn

Great Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to all
Default Theoryland North strikes again!

SBX and I reunited after too many years in the same city not having Theoryland meets. Last time we met, I picked Therilon up at his Carleton U dorm!

SBX is still the consummate gentleman. He politely restrained his gushing enthusiasm, asking "how far are you?", then when I grudgingly answered "Chapter 1", he placed his copy back on the table, a light smile playing across his lips.

We spoke about theories old and new, favourites we never gave up on, oldies that have been wrong for so long you may not remember a time when they had a chance of being right! Even as he relived teh awesome Amaterasu theory, he mentions that the Seanchan in Egwene's vision had blurred features, and I immediately think "omg wtf bbq sauce It's Gawyn with a Bloodknife ring!", carelessly overlooking the fact that though the rings blur his face, he is still a man, not a woman. What great fun acting out the madcap free-form association that Theoryland is built on! We contrasted Theoryland now, with the old versions, the one with the green, pink and blue sidebars, and one with circles? Really?

Jordancon looms and our life schedules aren't cooperating. I forgot to suggest he attend Cancon next September, here in Ottawa, which doubles as the Canadian sci-fi and fantasy con in 2013. He knows now!

Want to join us for another Theoryland North meet in Montreal, Ottawa, or Toronto? Post here and we'll try set it up!
Old 01-12-2013, 02:13 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Lord of the Dark View Post
Even as he relived teh awesome Amaterasu theory, he mentions that the Seanchan in Egwene's vision had blurred features, and I immediately think "omg wtf bbq sauce It's Gawyn with a Bloodknife ring!", carelessly overlooking the fact that though the rings blur his face, he is still a man, not a woman.
Don't be so prejudiced. He may get over that. Balthamel did, after all.
As Britney prophesied: "not a girl, not yet a woman".
Old 01-12-2013, 10:44 PM
Hero of the Horn

Ishara has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Ishara

Guys, if you wanted to come as far South as Toronto, I'd SO be down!

Rand: You are an insensitive bastard!!!
Mat: And you ruined another hat!

It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by lightening. -- Calvin

"Gee, I wish I could do magic! Maybe I'll try!" --SDog

Official Vixen of Theoryland and Theoryland Siren

Grain Goddess, the Rood Inverse, the Mad Glomper
Old 01-13-2013, 12:17 AM
Hero of the Horn

Isabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Isabel

Sounds like an awesome meet, glotd when i visit Canada again we should meet up.

Or come toJordanCon
'Rand al'Thor, Nynaeve shrieked, that is the most outrageous thing I ever heard out of your mouth. The very idea of telling three women you love them! You are worse than a lecher. You apologize right now!'

Isabel sedai of the Green Ajah, Amyrlin of the Official Nynaeve Fanclub, first sister to Gennie Sedai of the Green Ajah, bonded to Camel, Wolf Gaidin, Jachthond and ghostrider.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:44 AM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

It was very good to meet up with GL again. A bit of a shame that Therilon wasn't around this time, but I don't think we've heard from him in several years at this point. I won't try to match GL's flattery, but it was a fun time and great to discuss the series with another TL'er in person, especially when the crazy theories start to fly. There's something about theory-crafting that's just so much fun...and I guess what made TL a great place to hang out over the past decade and a half.

That said, Ishy, that's very tempting, but I'm on record as saying I wouldn't go to Toronto to save the world. Kingston is very much a different matter though, schedule permitting, but I know that with a Raptor even that far can be difficult. Kingston I can go down there and back in a day. Toronto would have to be a full weekend trip and that's very different.

Last edited by ShadowbaneX; 01-13-2013 at 11:50 AM.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:15 PM
Hero of the Horn

Ishara has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Ishara

Fair enough! I love Kingston in the summer, so never say never!

Rand: You are an insensitive bastard!!!
Mat: And you ruined another hat!

It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by lightening. -- Calvin

"Gee, I wish I could do magic! Maybe I'll try!" --SDog

Official Vixen of Theoryland and Theoryland Siren

Grain Goddess, the Rood Inverse, the Mad Glomper
Old 01-13-2013, 02:23 PM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

This summer I could manage. Things are going to be crazy for the next 14 weeks or so.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:49 PM
Hero of the Horn

Great Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to all
Default Toronto Yay!

Shoot SBX, I was just in Toronto today, saving the world, as it happens!

I'll be back a few times this spring. But if the Last Battle can't rouse you to visit The Great Hellmouth, or buy an Apple product, then we may be at an impasse.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:15 PM
Hero of the Horn

Not really...there's Kingston.