art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (1): uausnaughbroo,

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - Non Wot Discussion Boards > Archived: Non WoT Related Discussion 03/08 - 09/08
User Name
Password

Old 09-23-2008, 12:20 PM
Hero of the Horn

Gilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Refresing my memory from the wiki, Nicole (Niki) actually had a sister Jessica who supposedly died back in 1987 and the Jessica personality was just someone that took over when her father got abusive. Since we're just told that Jessica died, in all likelihood Tracy is the real Jessica.
That's option "C," which Bryan likes as well. Since I can't figure out how or why they'd have faked Jessica's death... Also, wouldn't Tracey/Jessica remember her sister?

Quote:
And damn me if this show isn't becoming a soap with superpowers. Long lost twins, people coming back from the dead, people in love with each other turning out to be related...then again, that's pretty much what the comic books are, so I guess Tim Kring is capturing the genre pretty well.
Well it IS written by comic book writers....

By: Steampunk Boba Fett
Old 09-23-2008, 12:21 PM
Ancient

Cary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant future

wait, wait... who's related and in love with each other!?

Oh yeah, and I'm sorry but Claire's birth mother, reallly, really gives me the creeps!
First-sister to Nazbaque, Great Lord of the Flame
Near-sister to Terez, Quotemistress
Lady of Chaos, official member of LoC, Big-sis to Rand & Myr...Woohoo!
Un-official adopted daughter of Pops'Taer, a.k.a. Cary'Taer
Cary Sedai, The first ever, Fairy of the TCA
Old 09-23-2008, 12:32 PM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodas
That's because its in the genes. You only got a small group of people who can create this adrenaline. They are bound to be somehow related.
Nah, it's possible to have parallel evolution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilshalos Sedai
That's option "C," which Bryan likes as well. Since I can't figure out how or why they'd have faked Jessica's death... Also, wouldn't Tracey/Jessica remember her sister?
It's possible that Tracy believes that Niki was killed, or the cliche 'amnesia'. Perhaps her father did try to kill her, or nearly killed her, and she was a foundling Jane Doe and adopted, or taken by the Agency and placed with someone else, or found by Adam, healed and set up somewhere...there are a few possibilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cary Sedai
wait, wait... who's related and in love with each other!?
I was slightly exaggerating the Claire/Peter scenario, however it wouldn't surprise me if we found out that some people joined at the hip turned out to be closely related, or as Sodas suggests above.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:37 PM
Hero of the Horn

Sodas has a spectacular aura aboutSodas has a spectacular aura aboutSodas has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowbaneX
Nah, it's possible to have parallel evolution.
Yes and no. I think you got the organization testing good-ol Adam to create this formula. And then, just like Mehinder, testing it out on themselves, creating these blood lines of heroes.

It's just a guess really.

I'd also like to point out Nathan's seeing of Linderman. His seeing someone dead is similiar to Nikki's. Or he is gaining new powers...

I've always wondered if Linderman was Nathan's dad...

Mazrim Taim drew the eye. He was tall, with a strongly hooked nose and an air of physical strength about him. An air of darkness, too. He sat there with his ankles crossed and one arm hanging over the heavy arm of the throne, yet he seemed ready to explode into violence. Interestingly, though his black coat was embroidered with blue-and-gold dragons that twined around the sleeves from elbows to cuffs, he did not wear the collar pins.

Last edited by Sodas; 09-23-2008 at 12:40 PM.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:41 PM
Hero of the Horn

Gilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond repute

Claire is Nathan Petrelli's biological daughter who is Peter's brother. Sylar is apparently another brother or half-brother via their mother, Mama Petrelli, and evidently, Claire's uncle.

Nathan and Niki have the hots for each other and maybe a bit more serious than that. And well, we saw Maya and Mohinder last night.

There's definitely something Luke and Leia-ish about Claire and Peter....

And let's not forget Mama Petrelli's dalliance with Hiro's dad. Which begs the question, is Hiro another brother to Peter and Nathan? Or exactly how well did she know Matt Parkman's father? To borrow a word from Nathan: biblically?

And which of the previous generation is Elle's mom... no idea, I'm hoping it's not Mama Petrelli. Because Peter should have at least ONE hot chick he's not related to.

Old 09-23-2008, 12:51 PM
Hero of the Horn

Sodas has a spectacular aura aboutSodas has a spectacular aura aboutSodas has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
And which of the previous generation is Elle's mom... no idea, I'm hoping it's not Mama Petrelli. Because Peter should have at least ONE hot chick he's not related to.
Prolly dead or missing. I'd suggest looking at gold statues around the world ...

Mazrim Taim drew the eye. He was tall, with a strongly hooked nose and an air of physical strength about him. An air of darkness, too. He sat there with his ankles crossed and one arm hanging over the heavy arm of the throne, yet he seemed ready to explode into violence. Interestingly, though his black coat was embroidered with blue-and-gold dragons that twined around the sleeves from elbows to cuffs, he did not wear the collar pins.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:08 PM
Hero of the Horn

LMAO. Hard to give birth as a statue, Sodas.

Old 09-23-2008, 01:08 PM
Elder

irerancincpkc is just really niceirerancincpkc is just really niceirerancincpkc is just really niceirerancincpkc is just really niceirerancincpkc is just really nice

I like Option C. It seems to be the only one that could work... I don't like Tracey though. I was just starting to warm up to Niki; I hope she comes back.

It seems likely that HRG will find out about Sylar's family ties to Claire, and that should be a fun reaction. With all these regular people getting powers, I want HRG to stay powerless. Let's face it; he's sweeter and more powerful than a lot of the people with powers.

I'm pretty sure they changed the actress that plays Claire's mother, and the only reason they would do that, I think, is because she will have a larger role, so they wanted a better actress? And why would HRG trust Claire's mother?
Old 09-23-2008, 01:11 PM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by irerancincpkc
I'm pretty sure they changed the actress that plays Claire's mother, and the only reason they would do that, I think, is because she will have a larger role, so they wanted a better actress? And why would HRG trust Claire's mother?
Because they're probably paying her alot of money and she's a frikken' pyro!
Old 09-23-2008, 01:11 PM
Hero of the Horn

No, that was the same actress.

Old 09-23-2008, 01:12 PM
Elder

irerancincpkc is just really niceirerancincpkc is just really niceirerancincpkc is just really niceirerancincpkc is just really niceirerancincpkc is just really nice

Quote:
No, that was the same actress.
It was? Okay, then. She just looked different to me for some reason...
Old 09-23-2008, 01:16 PM
Hero of the Horn

People do tend to look different when they light themselves on fire.

Old 09-23-2008, 01:17 PM
Ancient

Cary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant future

Quote:
LMAO. Hard to give birth as a statue, Sodas.
Well, Elle's dad could have turned her to a statue after Elle was born. Poor Elle. I like her, insanity and all.
First-sister to Nazbaque, Great Lord of the Flame
Near-sister to Terez, Quotemistress
Lady of Chaos, official member of LoC, Big-sis to Rand & Myr...Woohoo!
Un-official adopted daughter of Pops'Taer, a.k.a. Cary'Taer
Cary Sedai, The first ever, Fairy of the TCA
Old 09-23-2008, 02:08 PM
Hero of the Horn

Sarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to behold

I haven't read the thread yet, I'm just posting this when things are fresh in my mind.

I've been writing down my thoughts while watching; it's nice to watch with the help of a "pause" button.

Peter with a scar...
Anyone remember Hiro saying to Peter on the train: "You look different without the scar."

Hmm, Peter shot Nathan? :|

Peter lets Nathan die, because he knows that if he himself shot him, he probably had a reason for it.
Hmmm... Nathan recovered? How??

Eeek. Sylar!
Wow... he's easily fooled with that candle holder thing (dunno English word :s )
Why did Sylar bother with that cat and mouse game? He could have caught here several times...

Hmm, Maya is also around. Oh... and Mohinder didn't manage to cure her last time?

"There's a big secret in my safe and must never know what it is..." ANYONE would have opened the safe after that...
sounds like some kind of prephecy: "A chosen one among you who carries the purity of blood, the "light" to safeguard agains the darkness."
If noone should even know the secret, why didn't he just burn that envelope?

"But I am on my feet..." LOL

Hmm... Peter from the future has illusion-girl's power?
Nathan wants to "do god's bidding?"
What's this philosofical babling about?
I just realized: if this is Peter from the future, where the real one?

Mohinder sounded like Sylar there: "The exhilaration one must feel to know such power. To feel so special."
Give powers... he's creeping me out.

If Sylar can telekinetically hold her against the wall... why didn't he just rip the door from it's hinges?
Hehe, guess Sylar didn't eat brains?
How the hell did he cut her head off without cutting through her hair?
Hehe, Sylar is probably right: she's not like the others, since Mohinder just deduced that adrenaline is needed to make a power work. Her power doesn't seem to work like that.

Okay... Mohinder's REALLY creeping me out. :|

Linderman... can't say I really surprised, since I also watched the countdown show. In wich, btw, I learned that that actor was also the bad guy in Star Trek: Generations.

Nikki is apparently still alive. Good for Mica

Guess we found Mat.

Hiro running of on some mad quest again? Although not technically running, since he's still in the same place...
Hmm, this time it's Tokyo blowing up?

Hehe, I guess Mohinder should have injected himself with that thing while lying down...

Why the hell is Noah in a cell?
If that guy in the cell is Peter, then who has his body?

Hmm, super strenght for Mohinder?

Heroes continues... NOW
That must have been a little surprise when you didn't expect it?

She's not healing?
Well, she doesn't feel anything... But did it heal?
Hmm, guess that's a yes.

That wire-and-pictures frame looks familiar.
Who didn't go to Odessa? I'd guess Claire... or maybe her mother?

Did I mention Mohinder is creeping me out?

Yup, the person that didn't go was Claire, and she got het head cut open because of it.

Hmm, new identity for Nikki?

Mr. what's-his-name is dead...
Sylar isn't.
I don't think Noah is dead either.

rofl @ Ando: "Catwoman?" with that look on his face.

Oooooookay.... that's NOT Nikki...
Nikki didn'thave freezing powers... Sylar did.

Mohinder is becoming the Hulk?

Hehe, Mat's hearing the turtle's thoughts. Or not...
I was already starting to wonder how a turtple knew anything about the roots of plants.
Hehe, the black guy is a new Isaac?

I'm wondering if Linderman is part of Nathan's imagination... But I somehow doubt it.

Hmm, the guy Noah doesn't want to talk about is the body Peter currently has. Also he appears to have the same power as the guy in the webisodes had, but that was an african-american. I also can't remember that guy's name [edit: just checked: it's a different guy].
Here's the info I could get from the screen:
Murphy, Jesse
Sound Manipulation
Generates destructive waves of sound
(unreadable): none
weight: 195 pounds
sex: Male
either hair or eyes: Brown
nationality: American
complexion: fair
build: Muscular
Caucasian
(Unreadable)
Place of Birth: Las V(unreadable, Vegas?), NV
Height: 6'1"
Last known (unreadable): New York NY
Some other things I can't read.

Hehe, Claire's mom.

Hmm, IS Angela Sylar's mother, or is she just playing mind games...

the Grey Viper, the Lord of Forsaken Roads, the Pink Sunset

Last edited by Sarevok; 09-23-2008 at 03:04 PM.
Old 09-23-2008, 05:20 PM
Hero of the Horn

DahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to DahLliA

just finished watching the first 2 episodes. and well, I still get that "Must know more" feeling so I guess they're still going good.

getting worried they might add too much powers and chaos though.

and Mohinder turning into spiderman? or venom maybe

and yeah. peter still pisses me off. he could kill every single villain in a matter of days if he wanted to, but he's just messing things up more and more. but I guess it would have been a short show if he solved everything in the first episode...

"'Profound... huh.' Temper was silent for a long moment, studying the cobbles of the alley mouth. And then he lifted his helmed head, faced Shadowthrone, and said, 'Fuck off.'"