art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Conventions
User Name
Password

Old 10-27-2013, 10:16 AM
Hero of the Horn

Isabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Isabel
Default Road trip USA / Canada

Hey all,

As usual i am going to the usa to Jordan con 2014 this year i am thinking of combining it with a road trip and visit some friends

If you are interested in meeting up and or showing me around let me know. My plans atm are pretty flexible. Although i will be going end of march, beginning of april
'Rand al'Thor, Nynaeve shrieked, that is the most outrageous thing I ever heard out of your mouth. The very idea of telling three women you love them! You are worse than a lecher. You apologize right now!'

Isabel sedai of the Green Ajah, Amyrlin of the Official Nynaeve Fanclub, first sister to Gennie Sedai of the Green Ajah, bonded to Camel, Wolf Gaidin, Jachthond and ghostrider.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:55 AM
Hero of the Horn

Ishara has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Ishara

Toronto just got an AWESOME new aquarium...just saying.

Rand: You are an insensitive bastard!!!
Mat: And you ruined another hat!

It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by lightening. -- Calvin

"Gee, I wish I could do magic! Maybe I'll try!" --SDog

Official Vixen of Theoryland and Theoryland Siren

Grain Goddess, the Rood Inverse, the Mad Glomper
Old 10-28-2013, 11:50 AM
Hero of the Horn

Isabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to behold

Hana, i will definetly keep it in mind
'Rand al'Thor, Nynaeve shrieked, that is the most outrageous thing I ever heard out of your mouth. The very idea of telling three women you love them! You are worse than a lecher. You apologize right now!'

Isabel sedai of the Green Ajah, Amyrlin of the Official Nynaeve Fanclub, first sister to Gennie Sedai of the Green Ajah, bonded to Camel, Wolf Gaidin, Jachthond and ghostrider.
Old 10-31-2013, 10:35 PM
Hero of the Horn

Great Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to all
Default Dance season

My daughter is in a pile of dance competitions beginning then, but outside of that we could try rally some of the Theoryland Northers somewhere to meet up, depending how far north you make it.

And I should be in Toronto for work the entire week of Apr 8.
Old 11-01-2013, 12:50 AM
Hero of the Horn

I will look into it, GLOTD in the week of 8 april, i would need to go on 10 april to jordan con.

btw, how far north? Which places? Would be awesome to meet up with all the canadian friends

Old 11-01-2013, 09:33 PM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

I would think Kingston would probably be a decent place. I could make that, but I doubt I could justify Toronto. Ottawa would be another possibility.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:05 AM
Elder

Khoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant future

Ottawa would be much easier. Cause, you know, 6 hours of driving and all.

Unless people wanted to come to Montreal instead... By the way, GL, are you happening to drop by next week, per chance, like last year?

Life is a dream from which we all must wake before we can dream again.

Al dival, al kiserai, al mashi! - For light, glory, and love!

Carai an manshimaya ayend'an! - Honor of my blade for the fallen.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:38 AM
Hero of the Horn

Great Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to all
Default Nope

No Montreal on the horizon for now
Old 11-02-2013, 09:58 AM
Elder

Khoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant future

Darn. Oh well. I guess we won't be witnessing any drunk, desperate men dancing in a bar this year.

Old 11-02-2013, 12:43 PM
Hero of the Horn

So where does everyone live? And whats there to see do? Perhaps i can do a road trip and hang out with people and if people are interested, also organise a meet up somewhere in Canada

Old 11-02-2013, 04:29 PM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

GL & I are in Ottawa. Khoram's in Montreal. Ishy's outside of Toronto. Brita's a bit further out iirc.
Old 11-02-2013, 04:44 PM
Elder

I think Cor is somewhere in Ontario, too.

Looks like the majority of Theorylanders are.

Old 11-04-2013, 09:20 AM
Hero of the Horn

Ishara has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Ishara

Brita is in Thunder Bay. Not much to do up there but see Brita, if you know what I mean.

Isa, we're all fairly far away here in Ontario. Both Ottawa and Montreal are beautiful and chock full of Canadian History, as well as museums and galleries and lovely parks etc. They will likely not be WARM in April, but you're tough.

If you want to come back this way, you are more than welcome to stay at our place, obvs. But, you've seen the big stuff Toronto and the surrounding area's got to offer already, except for the aquarium (seriously, it's AWESOME).

Rand: You are an insensitive bastard!!!
Mat: And you ruined another hat!

It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by lightening. -- Calvin

"Gee, I wish I could do magic! Maybe I'll try!" --SDog

Official Vixen of Theoryland and Theoryland Siren

Grain Goddess, the Rood Inverse, the Mad Glomper
Old 11-06-2013, 10:41 PM
Youngling

Southpaw2012 is a jewel in the roughSouthpaw2012 is a jewel in the roughSouthpaw2012 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabel View Post
Hey all,

As usual i am going to the usa to Jordan con 2014 this year i am thinking of combining it with a road trip and visit some friends

If you are interested in meeting up and or showing me around let me know. My plans atm are pretty flexible. Although i will be going end of march, beginning of april

Jordancon with Sanderson and Rothfuss = win.
Old 11-07-2013, 11:29 AM
Hero of the Horn

Frenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Frenzy Send a message via Yahoo to Frenzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw2012 View Post
Jordancon with Sanderson and Rothfuss = win.
i know. wish i could go again

"How the hell do you Godwin a thread with CUCUMBERS!!?" -- Tru

"I love cucumber prawn... " -- Ivhon

"Have to catch me first. Scared shitless always outruns mad as hell." -- Sinistrum

"Some days I'm happy Frenzy doesn't live next door." -- Tamyrlin

"So Frenzy is a scientist then?" -- Davian
"Well duh. An Evil scientist. " -- Khoram
Old 11-07-2013, 11:59 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy View Post
i know. wish i could go again
Are you certain you can't?
Would it help if i said that Pops is probably going!

Old 11-14-2013, 11:27 AM
Hero of the Horn

I need to be making more concrete plans

My idea is now to find out if there are interesting places to visit near Toronto, Montreal and Ottowa or part of those.

Are people interested to organise a Canadian meet and what are than the options for everyone? Where can they meet up? And is it only possible in the weekend or during the week?

Old 11-14-2013, 12:31 PM
Elder

There's quite a bit to see in Montreal - many museums, we have our infamous Red Light district, if you are so inclined, we have hockey, even in April (), the Big O (if you're feeling adventurous - you know, because of falling roofs and all that), the Biodome, Botanical Gardens... There are also quite some gems in terms of restaurants.

Old 11-14-2013, 07:21 PM
Hero of the Horn

First, it's OttAwa.

As for availability, I'm unsure. I can definitely meet here. Kingston or Montreal are outside possibilities. Toronto? I'm on record as saying I wouldn't go there to save the planet so that's probably out.
Old 11-15-2013, 11:29 AM
Hero of the Horn

Haha, i will try to remember it SBX

And sounds good Khoram. I just wish it was 10 degrees celsius warmer in Canada in march / april