art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - WoT Discussion Boards > A Memory of Light
User Name
Password

Old 07-25-2014, 10:07 AM
Ancient

Hugh the Hand is a glorious beacon of lightHugh the Hand is a glorious beacon of lightHugh the Hand is a glorious beacon of lightHugh the Hand is a glorious beacon of lightHugh the Hand is a glorious beacon of lightHugh the Hand is a glorious beacon of lightHugh the Hand is a glorious beacon of light
Default Those Who Fight

I would say that most of the brief descriptions of those who fight are easy to identify. Except the one.

I do not have the book right in front of me, and I still cannot download my Hugo packet in a readable format, but it is about a woman that is thrown from her throne, made to crawl etc. At first I assumed it was Siuan. But the description, one part about a puppet, seems more like Morgess. However, she does not fit the mold of the other characters and their importance to the story. Thom is not as central as others, but you get my meaning.

Siuan fits more in the importance category, but the description fits more of Morgess.

Am I the only one confused by this?

Was this deliberate?

Thoughts?
Old 07-25-2014, 12:21 PM
Hero of the Horn

WinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to WinespringBrother

I would say this is Morgase, since Siuan was already dead by this point (she died in chapter 37 and this was in chapter 39).

"Oh, y'all [Theorylanders] are awesome with awesome sauce, but you ask a lot of tricky questions. I had to watch myself with you guys." - Maria

"I need to RAFO more things, I'm not being very Robert Jordan..." - Brandon
Old 07-25-2014, 08:27 PM
Ancient

Hugh the Hand is a glorious beacon of lightHugh the Hand is a glorious beacon of lightHugh the Hand is a glorious beacon of lightHugh the Hand is a glorious beacon of lightHugh the Hand is a glorious beacon of lightHugh the Hand is a glorious beacon of lightHugh the Hand is a glorious beacon of light
Default But...

Egween was dead by this point

right?
Old 07-26-2014, 04:51 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh the Hand View Post
Egween was dead by this point

right?
Wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMoL, Chapter 39, Those Who Fight
He saw this, over and over, in the Pattern arrayed about him. Rand walked through eons and ages, his hand passing through ribbons of the Patterns light.
At the relevant "moment" Rand was hopping about in time as if there were no tomorrow (which, right then, was a definite possibility). So "dead" or "alive" were rather arbitrary, and would have depended on Rand's interpretation of what time was important only.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:40 AM
Ancient

Ok, he was hopping in time, therefore everyone was dead and alive at the same time.

How does that get us closer to the answer?

It describes Morgase, in my opinion, however, I do not recall he even appearing in MoL. She is not an important character to the story and does not fit the group of people Rand "loved." Siuan is much more important, and the description could mean her, barely, but she too does not fit the mold of people Rand is talking about, although she does more than Morgase.

Is there someone I am thinking that fits this better?
Old 07-28-2014, 08:59 AM
Youngling

fionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant future

It is certainly Morghase. That doesn't change the fact that you're correct, and there were way more worthy candidates for Rand to have talked about here.
Old 07-28-2014, 02:08 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

I think Brandon put her in there because he didn't manage to put her in anywhere else in the book, so he had to put her in somewhere.

http://www.theoryland.com/intvmain.php?i=979#26
Old 07-28-2014, 06:51 PM
Youngling

fionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
I think Brandon put her in there because he didn't manage to put her in anywhere else in the book, so he had to put her in somewhere.

http://www.theoryland.com/intvmain.php?i=979#26
She is shown helping with the refugees during the LB, but Brandon seems to have forgotten that.
Old 07-29-2014, 05:12 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fionwe1987 View Post
She is shown helping with the refugees during the LB, but Brandon seems to have forgotten that.
Or maybe that was another former queen named Morgase.