art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > WHEEL OF TIME FORUMS > General Wheel of Time Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 02-10-2015, 09:30 PM
Youngling

fionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowbaneX View Post
I don't really see that. In that case where does Team Jordan/Harriet get their money? If the rights had reverted it would be Amazon giving their heafty sum to them instead of Red Eagle, so I don't see Harriet approving.
Not really. I don't think Harriet would have much issue if REE sold rights to someone competent and pocketed cash for it. She'll still make money once they production hits screens. REE is only a rights holding company. Their contract almost certainly included details on revenue sharing with Bandersnatch.
Old 02-10-2015, 10:48 PM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

I think they'd rather sell the rights to Amazon for the hefty chunk of change, rather than let Red Eagle get most of it. This whole thing also reeks of spite.
Old 02-10-2015, 11:05 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Update on the io9 article:

Quote:
Update: Selvage followed up to clarify that Ishmael, of course, would be a recurring character, but wouldn't be in every episode. He didn't mean to say that Ishmael wouldn't reappear after the pilot.
Old 02-10-2015, 11:16 PM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

I think they're getting ahead of themselves thinking that they're going to be future episodes.
Old 02-10-2015, 11:36 PM
Youngling

Tedman is a name known to allTedman is a name known to allTedman is a name known to allTedman is a name known to allTedman is a name known to allTedman is a name known to allTedman is a name known to allTedman is a name known to allTedman is a name known to all

Well I don't know what all of you are talking about, personally I enjoyed the preview for Zoolander 2: Billy Zane gets Evil.
Old 02-10-2015, 11:42 PM
Hero of the Horn

Marie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
I was imagining his coat as sort of an sleeved cloak style thing, knee-length, simple non-formfitting cut with slightly flared sleeves, fastened all the way down the front with lace-over buttons so that the seams hang adjacent.

One thing I didn't like about this is that they tried to put it in Lews Therin's POV. This is one of the very, very few Omni POV scenes in the entire series. You don't have to go through all this delusion stuff to communicate that Lews Therin is out of his mind. The actor does that. The scenery vs his words. The close-up on Ilyena as he steps over her body. Exactly the conversation he had with Ishamael—not a word more is needed to convey what is going on there.
Yeah, the costumes seemed odd, out of sorts with what I might think of as the Age of Legends. I will be interested to hear Linda's take on it.
Old 02-11-2015, 01:32 AM
Elder

Rand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by fionwe1987 View Post
That depends. Say Amazon approaches REE and offers to take the whole thing off their hands for a hefty sum. If Harriet is okay with that, and Amazon consults her on it, the whole case would vanish.

That is a best case scenario, though.

With Netflix doing Zelda, Amazon will want to get in on the action for sure. But I happen to know they have a petition to do a live action Legend of Korra show with quite a few signatures on it, so they might go that route. Or they might just use their excellent data on how many copies of WoT they sold, and make the decision to go with it. Plus, WoT is a much closer match to GoT than almost anything else out there.
What? Oh crap. I'm having flashbacks of M. Knight Shyamalan's Last Airbender. Somethings, especially when already in a visual form like TV, do NOT need a live action movie. That and Dragonball Evolution are key examples of that. Also key examples of Hollywood directors not really caring about what made the series so popular in the first place, thus leading to incredibly bad movies, and even worse adaptations.

Book adaptations? Sure (so long as they don't end up like Eragon). Movie adaptations of TV shows? Yeah, those tend to flop harder than most of the Forsaken.
Old 02-11-2015, 01:59 AM
Youngling

fionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand al'Fain View Post
What? Oh crap. I'm having flashbacks of M. Knight Shyamalan's Last Airbender. Somethings, especially when already in a visual form like TV, do NOT need a live action movie. That and Dragonball Evolution are key examples of that. Also key examples of Hollywood directors not really caring about what made the series so popular in the first place, thus leading to incredibly bad movies, and even worse adaptations.

Book adaptations? Sure (so long as they don't end up like Eragon). Movie adaptations of TV shows? Yeah, those tend to flop harder than most of the Forsaken.
Not, its not a movie adaptation. A live action TV show. Or a continuation of the animated show. Not that there's any guarantee either will happen.
Old 02-11-2015, 10:23 AM
Elder

Rand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by fionwe1987 View Post
Not, its not a movie adaptation. A live action TV show. Or a continuation of the animated show. Not that there's any guarantee either will happen.
Ah. Though the creators said they were done with TV for the forseeable future and will instead work on the comics section now. Can't really blame them with all the crap Nickelodeon put them through (and I think Nick still owns the rights to the Avatar series).