art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > WHEEL OF TIME FORUMS > General Wheel of Time Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 04-06-2015, 07:34 PM
Youngling

Morelikeunwisewoman will become famous soon enoughMorelikeunwisewoman will become famous soon enough
Default First ever re-read. let's play.

I started my first ever re-read. I was going to do a set of posts on it but I don't think anyone would care. So I was talking to daek and he suggested I play a game.

As I'm reading I am keeping notes. Some of the notes are simply labelled "bloody awesome". I might not use bloody but don't want to swear on the forum.

So I'm going to list the awesome moments in order as they appear in the book and you guys can guess what they are. A point for anyone who gets one right.

I'll give some clues in each book

Book one: the eye of the world. 14 awesomes.

Awesome 1: manetheren (zombie)
Awesome 2: drakhar (me, sorry daek )
Awesome 3: moraine creating the fog bank.
Awesome 4
Awesome 5: you are all dead (eht slat mite)
Awesome 6:
Awesome 9: RUN! RUN! RUN! (FDSAF3)
Awesome 10
Awesome 11: ready to fight...ready to die(Hugh the hand)
Awesome 12
Awesome 13: meetings at the eye (gonzothegreat)
Awesome 14: the horn is real

you don't have to say which one is which but if you name an awesome moment that I listed, I'll mark it in right place.

Last edited by Morelikeunwisewoman; 04-10-2015 at 04:57 AM.
Old 04-06-2015, 10:30 PM
Elder

Zombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Zombie Sammael

Okay, this sounds like fun. So I'll bite: Moiraine's "Manetheren" speech/story in front of the Emond's Fielders.

Master of the lightnings, rider on the storm,
wearer of a crown of swords, spinner out of fate.
Who thinks he turns the Wheel of Time,
may learn the truth too late.

Light is held before the maw of the infinite void, and all that he is can be seized.

The one who Death has known
Old 04-06-2015, 10:47 PM
Youngling

eht slat meit has a brilliant futureeht slat meit has a brilliant futureeht slat meit has a brilliant futureeht slat meit has a brilliant futureeht slat meit has a brilliant futureeht slat meit has a brilliant futureeht slat meit has a brilliant futureeht slat meit has a brilliant futureeht slat meit has a brilliant futureeht slat meit has a brilliant futureeht slat meit has a brilliant future

How about.... Lew's Therin's suicide/creation of Dragonmount.
Old 04-07-2015, 03:41 AM
Youngling

Morelikeunwisewoman will become famous soon enoughMorelikeunwisewoman will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Sammael View Post
Okay, this sounds like fun. So I'll bite: Moiraine's "Manetheren" speech/story in front of the Emond's Fielders.
First reply gets number one on the list

Quote:
Originally Posted by eht slat meit View Post
How about.... Lew's Therin's suicide/creation of Dragonmount.
That's great but not awesome worthy.

Quote:
Updated list:

Awesome 1: manrtheren story(zombie sammael)
Awesome 2
Awesome 3: moraine creating the fog bank.
Awesome 4
Awesome 5
Awesome 6
Awesome 9
Awesome 10
Awesome 11
Awesome 12
Awesome 13
Awesome 14: the horn is real

you don't have to say which one is which but if you name an awesome moment that I listed, I'll mark it in right place.
Old 04-07-2015, 04:01 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

The Green Man taking down a Forsaken.

And you might want to consider editing your OP to update the list, instead of having to repeat it each time in your replies. That would probably make it easier for the rest of us to see what has and hasn't been found, yet.
An optional extra would be a list of "not quite awesome in your view" of failed suggestions.
As you may notice, I'm quite willing to volunteer you for doing work. I can be very gracious when it comes to that.
Old 04-07-2015, 12:06 PM
Youngling

jarno87 is just really nicejarno87 is just really nicejarno87 is just really nicejarno87 is just really nicejarno87 is just really nice

Well, so we are looking for an awesome moment between the manetheren story, and the creation of the fog.

Hmm,...

May be Moiraine washing away the fatigue from the horses?

Or is it that Egwene convinces Moiraine to let her join the party?
Old 04-07-2015, 12:32 PM
Elder

Daekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond repute
Default a little bit of a cheat

I am cheating a bit here as unwise mentioned this to me before- the 2nd one is the appearance of the drakhar?

and more importantly- only 11 more awesome bits in book one after the fog? That's harsh!!

He just got carried away a bit this time, probably as a result of his marriage-gonzothegreat

Son of Nazbaque, Lord of Fire
Old 04-09-2015, 12:57 PM
Elder

fdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant future

Thom flourishing his daggers and dashing towards the Myrddraal in Whitebridge was pretty awesome for me.
Old 04-09-2015, 04:18 PM
Ancient

Hugh the Hand is a glorious beacon of lightHugh the Hand is a glorious beacon of lightHugh the Hand is a glorious beacon of lightHugh the Hand is a glorious beacon of lightHugh the Hand is a glorious beacon of lightHugh the Hand is a glorious beacon of lightHugh the Hand is a glorious beacon of light

Rand in front of the queen, when the guards all look like they expect to die after seeing his sword.
Old 04-10-2015, 03:58 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Rand managing to impress a princess by imitating Humpty Dumpty.
Old 04-10-2015, 04:32 AM
Youngling

eht slat meit has a brilliant futureeht slat meit has a brilliant futureeht slat meit has a brilliant futureeht slat meit has a brilliant futureeht slat meit has a brilliant futureeht slat meit has a brilliant futureeht slat meit has a brilliant futureeht slat meit has a brilliant futureeht slat meit has a brilliant futureeht slat meit has a brilliant futureeht slat meit has a brilliant future

Shadowless Mordeth's jack-in-the-box move at Shadar Logoth?
Old 04-10-2015, 04:58 AM
Youngling

Hey guys,

Some great guesses. I have updated the original post with the correct ones and the poster.

anyone else?
Old 04-10-2015, 10:05 AM
Elder

Rand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of light

Moirraine going giant at Baerlon?