art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > WHEEL OF TIME FORUMS > General Wheel of Time Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 04-28-2015, 01:39 AM
Elder

Zombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Zombie Sammael

Quote:
Originally Posted by eht slat meit View Post
No, no, what I meant was who's to say that what you are saying isn't the exact same thing I am saying? Hmmmmmm? Hmmmmm?

Oh, and sup ZS. been awhile!
Hi. I've been lurking.

I'm not entirely sure what you're getting at with your theory, but what I meant by "It was Nakomi" was that the woman Rand saw when coming out of SG has been confirmed to be Nakomi, either directly in the books or through interview (I can't remember right now, or be bothered to check). So not sure what you mean by the woman being Graendal explaining to Avi how to do a transmigrate.

Apart from that, why would Graendal know how to do it? She has been the recipient of a transmigration, yes, but being given a vaccine doesn't make you a doctor (or autistic, in case anyone wanted to start that ).

Master of the lightnings, rider on the storm,
wearer of a crown of swords, spinner out of fate.
Who thinks he turns the Wheel of Time,
may learn the truth too late.

Light is held before the maw of the infinite void, and all that he is can be seized.

The one who Death has known
Old 04-28-2015, 12:34 PM
Youngling

eht slat meit has a brilliant futureeht slat meit has a brilliant futureeht slat meit has a brilliant futureeht slat meit has a brilliant futureeht slat meit has a brilliant futureeht slat meit has a brilliant futureeht slat meit has a brilliant futureeht slat meit has a brilliant futureeht slat meit has a brilliant futureeht slat meit has a brilliant futureeht slat meit has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Sammael View Post
Hi. I've been lurking.

I'm not entirely sure what you're getting at with your theory, but what I meant by "It was Nakomi" was that the woman Rand saw when coming out of SG has been confirmed to be Nakomi, either directly in the books or through interview (I can't remember right now, or be bothered to check).
Unless I missed something by book, it was indirectly by interview and suggestive more than anything else.

Quote:
So not sure what you mean by the woman being Graendal explaining to Avi how to do a transmigrate.
I was implying that Aviendha (not Graendal) could very well be Nakomi. Self-realization visions are older than dirt.

Quote:
Apart from that, why would Graendal know how to do it? She has been the recipient of a transmigration, yes, but being given a vaccine doesn't make you a doctor (or autistic, in case anyone wanted to start that ).
I'm looking at it in terms of "someone has to do it, and it's not the Dark One himself." After spending some time reading over the transmigration research (and no, I'm no lorekeeper, so I might easily have missed something), his role seems to have been insinuated to be that of the one responsible for the actual transmigration, but the only confirmed aspect of his participation is his capture of the soul. Given that his participation is *required* if the Forsaken in question is dead, it gives him a lot of power over them.

That's what I meant about the larger implications of this theory, which also ties into Rand's comments about puppets.

What it means is that several ingredients are required for a transmigration of a soul in a living body:
1 Channeler
1 Transmigration weave
1 Brain-dead receptacle
1 soul in a living body

Transmigration of a soul in a dead body:
1 Dark One to capture marked soul
1 Forsaken
1 Transmigration weave
1 Brain-dead receptacle
1 Dead Forsaken in a dead body
1 Proximity to Shayol Ghul

Explaining certain unexplained hows and where about why Asmodean couldn't be transmigrated even if DO wanted to. No mindwiped body to transfer to, no proximity to DO to capture the soul.
Old 04-28-2015, 01:14 PM
Youngling

SomeOneElse is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Sammael View Post
I'm not entirely sure what you're getting at with your theory, but what I meant by "It was Nakomi" was that the woman Rand saw when coming out of SG has been confirmed to be Nakomi
And who's to say Nakomi is not Graendal, though it won't make very much sense at all.
Old 04-28-2015, 10:38 PM
Elder

Rand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeOneElse View Post
And who's to say Nakomi is not Graendal, though it won't make very much sense at all.
Except Graendal had accidentally zapped her own mind and became Aviendha's bootlicker.
Old 04-30-2015, 08:34 AM
Hero of the Horn

Anaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant future

I still want to know about the 9 rods of dominion.
Old 04-30-2015, 12:07 PM
Elder

Rand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaiya Sedai View Post
Are you into S&M?
Old 04-30-2015, 12:07 PM
Youngling

eht slat meit has a brilliant futureeht slat meit has a brilliant futureeht slat meit has a brilliant futureeht slat meit has a brilliant futureeht slat meit has a brilliant futureeht slat meit has a brilliant futureeht slat meit has a brilliant futureeht slat meit has a brilliant futureeht slat meit has a brilliant futureeht slat meit has a brilliant futureeht slat meit has a brilliant future

Quote:
Lews Therin's experimental college phase, of which the less said, the better.
Old 04-30-2015, 12:14 PM
Youngling

Quote:
On a more serious note, it was a title of office. From the WOG himself:

http://wot.wikia.com/wiki/Source:Blo..._December_2005
Old 04-30-2015, 01:47 PM
Elder

fdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant future

You would have to do some major convincing to get me to believe that a channeler is able to manipulate souls sufficiently to do what you're suggesting.

Yes, there's the 13x13 trick, but as far as I know that doesn't affect the soul of a person, but rather forcibly changes their personality.

Unless I'm overlooking something, I can't think of anyone ever doing anything like that. It seems to me that the Shadow would have found it pretty useful over the years to forcibly transmigrate someone's soul into another living body without having to go through the Dark One and waiting for someone to die.
Old 04-30-2015, 07:08 PM
Youngling

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdsaf3 View Post
You would have to do some major convincing to get me to believe that a channeler is able to manipulate souls sufficiently to do what you're suggesting.
I believe it happens all the time in the Green Ajah. I think the real question is whether the channeler in question has the power to do it and the bond to make it happen. Of course, the Forsaken don't call it a bond, they call it a mark, while Elayne and Aviendha would call it a vein of gold.

Quote:
Unless I'm overlooking something, I can't think of anyone ever doing anything like that. It seems to me that the Shadow would have found it pretty useful over the years to forcibly transmigrate someone's soul into another living body without having to go through the Dark One and waiting for someone to die.
No force involved, because the Forsaken want to be immortal and the "person" on the receiving end is a receptacle without a soul.
Old 05-03-2015, 05:15 PM
Youngling

Re-read thoughts.

Recently went through teotw again and can't help thinking how heavily it foreshadows huge amounts of amol. There was one line that just keeps kicking out again and again and I can't help but free associate it with that pipe scene.

"Become one with the void, Tam said, and you could do anything" ~ Rand, reflecting on Tam's odd instruction in teotw

""The Oneness," she said, sounding satisfied. She saw his questioning look and added, "That is what it is called . . . in some places. The Oneness. To learn the full use of it, it is best to wrap it around you continuously, to dwell in it at all times, or so I've heard." ~ Lanfear as Selene, clarifying Rand's learned technique in tgh

"He found nothing in the void. No saidin, nothing"
~ Rand attempting to light the pipe with a power he no longer has...

.... but he still has the void, wrapped around himself constantly, and because he has achieved One'ness aka the void after his journey throughout the books.

Void/One'ness obviously carries a hell of a lot of personalized overtones beyond simply lighting pipes.