art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > WHEEL OF TIME FORUMS > General Wheel of Time Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 07-09-2015, 08:34 PM
Youngling

Victorino is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The Sea of Storms (WoT MUD)

Hello everyone, I am a staff member of a Wheel of Time based MUD, a type of text based role-playing adventure game, called the Sea of Storms. I am posting this to invite all Wheel of Time fans to join us as we work to improve our game. If you've ever had the desire to role-play a character in the WoT universe then Sea of Storms is your place. Visit us at www.tsosmud.org
Old 07-10-2015, 04:19 AM
Hero of the Horn

DahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to DahLliA

I always wanted to get into MUDs, but I never managed to.

Not really able to visualize things on my own

"'Profound... huh.' Temper was silent for a long moment, studying the cobbles of the alley mouth. And then he lifted his helmed head, faced Shadowthrone, and said, 'Fuck off.'"
Old 07-10-2015, 04:53 PM
Ancient

NargsBrood will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Cool

I could be persuaded to play -- I've played smaug MUDs off and on since I was 15 Can't stand other code bases. Looks like yours is smaug -- NICE!

I've been a coder of several smaug muds and I've built many many many areas in my days. Really cool what you're doing.
Everyone thinks they have above average tastes and intelligence. Anyone who wants to inflate their ego will find it is much easier to tear someone down with made up... opinions dressed as fact than it is to admit that it is their personal opinion.
--RabidWombat (emphasis mine)
Old 07-10-2015, 10:27 PM
Youngling

Feel free to drop on in, We tend to be more active in the evenings, I work through the day, but other administrators are off and on.
Old 07-13-2015, 10:52 PM
Youngling

Inara is an unknown quantity at this point

Come on down to The Sea of Storms we are in the process of rebuilding our player base and have some amazing story lines starting up in the next few weeks
Old 07-15-2015, 11:33 PM
Elder

Daekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond repute

What is a MUD?

He just got carried away a bit this time, probably as a result of his marriage-gonzothegreat

Son of Nazbaque, Lord of Fire
Old 07-16-2015, 12:54 AM
Youngling

A MUD (Multi User Dungeon) is a text based roleplaying game. If you've ever played Dungeons and Dragons or something similar, imagine that but coded into a text program.
Old 07-16-2015, 03:02 PM
Elder

Daekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorino View Post
A MUD (Multi User Dungeon) is a text based roleplaying game. If you've ever played Dungeons and Dragons or something similar, imagine that but coded into a text program.
Ah, I see.

I never got the chance to play D and D. Tabletop games are not overly popular here. Closest I got was playing ticket to ride, which is a card drawing game. Fun though.

How would this work?

He just got carried away a bit this time, probably as a result of his marriage-gonzothegreat

Son of Nazbaque, Lord of Fire
Old 07-19-2015, 05:59 PM
Youngling

We're unfortunately experiencing some technical difficulties at the moment. But once we're up and running again drop on by the website at tsosmud.org and go to the play link. You can also access the game the The MUD Connector (www.mudconnect.com).
Old 07-19-2015, 06:51 PM
Youngling

Server's up again, sometimes stuff just doesn't work how you want it to.