art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > WHEEL OF TIME FORUMS > General Wheel of Time Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 09-10-2015, 11:34 PM
Elder

Lupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud of

Keep in mind the sheer horror AS ascribe to stilling. Sure, you're Healing them after, but it could be seen as a fairly accurate rape analogy...

"Yeah, but obviously the Great Serpent doesn't have an actual corpse which would be of any help in strangling Rand al'Thor; for a start, if there was an actual serpent encircling the world, it would be monumentally huge, and trying to strangle someone with it would lead more to a sort of crushing." - Zombie Sammael

Selective Necrophiliac
Old 09-11-2015, 05:34 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unreasoner View Post
First, Cadsuane may not have been aware of the possibility.
Possible, but somewhat unlikely. After all, Cadsuane had brought in a whole number of male channelers, every single one of whom had been stilled. Which includes Logain, and Cadsuane knows that he was Healed again. So the only question is whether anyone bothered telling her about Siuan and Leane. Would they hold that information back from her when she started asking about what Nynaeve had done?
Old 09-11-2015, 07:30 AM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Not really on topic here and a genuine question as I honestly forget, but do they keep Semi away from sharp objects, belts, etc? A good way for her to escape would have just been to off herself and then be reincarnated into whatever body the DO had available.

It would have been an unconventional escape attempt to say the least. Of course, I doubt it'd be one that someone as proud as Semi would ever consider.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 09-11-2015, 08:46 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

I sort of suspect they don't want her to use a knife on her gaolers either, so they probably did pay some attention to that sort of thing. On the other hand, we are dealing with AS here, so it is an appropriate question. I guess we have to conclude "maybe".
Old 09-23-2015, 04:15 AM
Elder

greatwolf will become famous soon enoughgreatwolf will become famous soon enough

stilling and execution were the penalties she faced. so the decision to delay execution maybe a factor in not thinking about stilling and healing. Besides getting maximum benefit from her capture might be easier if she could demonstrate weaves that may have required angreal or circles. and if the used the oath rod on her she was bound to cooperate. However Rand also forbade pain. And stilling is painful.
but my angst is Rand. He should have seen the value of bonding her and using her as bait. or even to kill or capture other forsaken. and as of kod, I thought that was where she was headed with her talk of graendal's specialty.