art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - Non Wot Discussion Boards > Archived: Non WoT Discussion 03/2012 - 10/2015
User Name
Password

Old 10-08-2015, 01:17 PM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Kevin McCarthy Withdraws From Speaker Race

http://america.aljazeera.com/article...aker-race.html

So, um...now what, GOP? You go with a super conservative firebrand candidate who will almost certainly shutdown the gov't two weeks before Christmas when the current Continuing Resolution runs out?

As the President would say...Please proceed.

No way it'll come back to haunt you next November.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 10-08-2015, 02:09 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davian93 View Post
http://america.aljazeera.com/article...aker-race.html

So, um...now what, GOP? You go with a super conservative firebrand candidate who will almost certainly shutdown the gov't two weeks before Christmas when the current Continuing Resolution runs out?
No way that will happen. There are too many semi-sane Republicans to allow the Teaps to take over so completely, and as your article points out, none of the candidates they have right now are likely to win a majority.
Old 10-08-2015, 02:58 PM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
No way that will happen. There are too many semi-sane Republicans to allow the Teaps to take over so completely, and as your article points out, none of the candidates they have right now are likely to win a majority.
They have to find a semi-sane "moderate" guy who has zero career ambitions as this will kill them...AND convince their far right to accept the selection.

Good luck with that.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Old 10-08-2015, 03:44 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
They have to find a semi-sane "moderate" guy who has zero career ambitions as this will kill them...AND convince their far right to accept the selection.

Good luck with that.
That is easy - they can find someone near retirement. Many of the old-fashioned conservatives are older.

PS: I went and found them a perfect candidate.

Last edited by Terez; 10-08-2015 at 03:58 PM.
Old 10-08-2015, 04:01 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
That is easy - they can find someone near retirement. Many of the old-fashioned conservatives are older.

PS: I went and found them a perfect candidate.
He urged Boehner and other GOP leaders to work with Obama?!?

RINO RINO RINO!!! He's a commie!!!!

Old 10-08-2015, 04:17 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
He urged Boehner and other GOP leaders to work with Obama?!?

RINO RINO RINO!!! He's a commie!!!!
Stranger things have come from chaos. Denny Hastert, for one.
Old 10-08-2015, 08:51 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Stranger things have come from chaos. Denny Hastert, for one.
Yeah, maybe we'll get lucky and they'll pick another child molester to be their Speaker.

Old 10-08-2015, 09:27 PM
Hero of the Horn

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/specia...d-stay-speaker

Good News...Boehner is now staying as Speaker until they figure out a successor.

So um...there's that I guess.

Old 10-09-2015, 05:34 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Good News...Boehner is now staying as Speaker until they figure out a successor.
So he didn't resign after all?
It doesn't seem likely the GOP will agree on a successor until after the next elections.
Old 10-09-2015, 07:36 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTheGreat View Post
So he didn't resign after all?
It doesn't seem likely the GOP will agree on a successor until after the next elections.
It has been "decades" since we had a Lord Commander of the Night's Watch type election for Speaker, according to Dav's article. Boehner likely expected McCarthy to run and win. So now we have an Eric Holder type situation, except more entertaining.
Old 10-09-2015, 08:27 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
It has been "decades" since we had a Lord Commander of the Night's Watch type election for Speaker, according to Dav's article. Boehner likely expected McCarthy to run and win. So now we have an Eric Holder type situation, except more entertaining.
Infinitely more entertaining...what a clusterfuck of a party.

Old 10-09-2015, 12:27 PM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe they can do it the way of the Children of the Light: fight it out with swords (or guns, if they're proper natural born US citizens), and whoever survives all others becomes the leader.