art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - Non Wot Discussion Boards > Archived: Non WoT Discussion 03/2012 - 10/2015
User Name
Password

Old 10-16-2015, 05:33 PM
Elder

The Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivhon View Post
Perhaps Im being alarmist, but please describe how - with all three branches of government in collusion - muslims could not be denied the right to vote?
I think the public would mostly hold them accountable, and in any case getting rid of the filibuster is a huge risk, they might want it one day, after all. But they could undeniably still do a great deal of damage. I just don't know what I can do, short of moving to Ohio, to prevent it. Not that I see them winning in 2016 as likely, no matter how much people dislike Hillary.

If it was really a threat, Ginsburg should resign, if she's as unhealthy as you claim. Anything else would be wildly irresponsible.

Then, I live in Northern California, and we have tons of Muslims here, our Republicans are reasonable people, and every fifth car is a Tesla. So maybe I am too far removed from the threat to take it seriously.
Old 10-20-2015, 07:27 PM
Ancient

Kimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davian93 View Post
Webb: Came off as an angry old man-child. Just embarrassing performance all around and he lost big time. I'd be shocked if he's around for the next debate in a month.
Webb (mostly) dropped out of the race today.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-34587280

Quote:
Former Virginia Senator Jim Webb will no longer seek the Democratic presidential nomination.
Mr Webb has said on Tuesday that he is considering how he might "remain as a voice" in the campaign, possibly as an independent candidate.
Doubt he'll actually run as an independent, although there's always a chance that some wealthy crackpot will finance him simply out of hope that he'll steal some votes from Hillary in the general.
Old 10-20-2015, 07:49 PM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

His stances on the issues are that of a moderate Republican...if anything, I doubt he'd take any votes that Hilldog would be getting anyway.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 10-21-2015, 04:42 AM
Hero of the Horn

Nazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davian93 View Post
His stances on the issues are that of a moderate Republican...if anything, I doubt he'd take any votes that Hilldog would be getting anyway.
But would the wealthy crackpot realize that?
Lord Captain Commander of Singing Chipmunks
Master of Nazgul Kitchen
Old 10-22-2015, 05:01 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazbaque View Post
But would the wealthy crackpot realize that?
I thought (mainly from watching the James Bond documentaries) that wealthy crackpots tend to be very cunning and smart people, whose schemes can only be foiled by heavily drinking womanisers. Since Hillary doesn't meet those criteria, what chance would she have?
Old 10-22-2015, 05:04 AM
Hero of the Horn

yks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTheGreat View Post
Since Hillary doesn't meet those criteria, what chance would she have?
oh I don't know, I think she might prove you (at least half) wrong.

Bonded to JWB

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
Old 10-22-2015, 05:21 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yks 6nnetu hing View Post
oh I don't know, I think she might prove you (at least half) wrong.
So this is about her?
Old 10-22-2015, 05:39 AM
Hero of the Horn

yks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond repute

no, I meant this

/ETA: although, 4 shots really isn't anything to brag about. It was pretty funny when Dai realized that it's an Estonian custom for the groom to have a shot with any guest at least once (refusing a shot is Not Done). And it's an Estonian custom to try to get the groom so drunk he passes out. Which the Dutch guests thought was an awesome tradition. Though in the end not quite successful Anyhow, it was definitely more than 4 shots.

Bonded to JWB

-- Winston Churchill

Last edited by yks 6nnetu hing; 10-22-2015 at 05:45 AM.
Old 10-22-2015, 06:53 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Quote:
Originally Posted by yks 6nnetu hing View Post
no, I meant this

/ETA: although, 4 shots really isn't anything to brag about. It was pretty funny when Dai realized that it's an Estonian custom for the groom to have a shot with any guest at least once (refusing a shot is Not Done). And it's an Estonian custom to try to get the groom so drunk he passes out. Which the Dutch guests thought was an awesome tradition. Though in the end not quite successful Anyhow, it was definitely more than 4 shots.
And how many people die of alcohol poisoning in an average year due to this quaint custom?
Old 10-22-2015, 07:25 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
And how many people die of alcohol poisoning in an average year due to this quaint custom?
considering that x > 0 is too many, I'm going to say too many.

(btw, I think I should add that it *is* acceptable to throw the shot over your shoulder instead of downing it. If the other person notices, they may request a new shot)

Bonded to JWB

-- Winston Churchill

Last edited by yks 6nnetu hing; 10-22-2015 at 07:42 AM.
Old 10-22-2015, 10:27 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
Considering the occasion and the one most at risk, it seems fair to call it Darwinism In Action. Not really easy to come up with better examples, actually.