art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Non WoT Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 10-29-2015, 07:23 AM
Elder

Figbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazbaque View Post
Between the two I prefer the green pp. Or don't you know the highly perverted alternate meaning of dp? Having someone witness that often enough to use a phrase like "I always wondered what the green was" for it is mind boggling even for me.
Sorry, I can't help the road my mind travels down sometimes. Thankfully Khor is more innocent than I
Old 10-29-2015, 09:19 AM
Elder

Khoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figbiscuit View Post
Sorry, I can't help the road my mind travels down sometimes. Thankfully Khor is more innocent than I
Hey, innocence is a virtue, right?

Life is a dream from which we all must wake before we can dream again.

Al dival, al kiserai, al mashi! - For light, glory, and love!

Carai an manshimaya ayend'an! - Honor of my blade for the fallen.
Old 10-29-2015, 09:30 AM
Hero of the Horn

Nazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khoram View Post
Hey, innocence is a virtue, right?
In a certain sense innocence is a form of ignorance. Can ignorance be a virtue?
Lord Captain Commander of Singing Chipmunks
Master of Nazgul Kitchen
Old 10-29-2015, 10:17 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazbaque View Post
Can ignorance be a virtue?
Most religions (maybe all, but my ignorance is too great to be sure of that) suggest that it is a virtue. Of course, they're usually not ignorant enough to come right out and say it; that would be stupid after all.
Old 10-29-2015, 10:27 AM
Hero of the Horn

Nazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTheGreat View Post
Most religions (maybe all, but my ignorance is too great to be sure of that) suggest that it is a virtue. Of course, they're usually not ignorant enough to come right out and say it; that would be stupid after all.
Yeah well they aren't exactly honest when they suggest that. They don't think being ignorant is good for the individuals or even to the people around them so it isn't a virtue in the sense of improving their lives. Ignorance means they'll swallow all that other bullshit easier so they'll be better followers of the cult. It's good for the cult leaders so they try to sell it as a virtue.
Master of Nazgul Kitchen
Old 10-29-2015, 10:35 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Far be it from me to accuse religion of being consistent. Or of being honest, for that matter. Come to think of it, there seem to be a fair number of things I wouldn't want to accuse religion of being.
Old 10-29-2015, 11:01 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTheGreat View Post
Far be it from me to accuse religion of being consistent. Or of being honest, for that matter. Come to think of it, there seem to be a fair number of things I wouldn't want to accuse religion of being.
Now you aren't being all that honest Gonzo. You definitely want to accuse them of a whole lot of things. You've just decided to suppress the urge.
Master of Nazgul Kitchen
Old 10-29-2015, 11:05 AM
Hero of the Horn

Oh, there are things that I would want to accuse them of. But I do not want to claim that religion is honest, nor do I want to claim that religions are consistent.