art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (1): eveningdesigner,

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > WHEEL OF TIME FORUMS > General Wheel of Time Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 11-04-2015, 05:49 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unreasoner View Post
Oh for fuck's sake, this is getting ridiculous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fionwe1987 View Post
I don't think anyone will disagree with that.
Actually, I do disagree with it. I think it already was somewhat ridiculous; the way we were talking past each other. Fun, of course, or I would've stopped, but also ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unreasoner View Post
One that shows Samitsu's ability is in any way more precise than Nynaeve's.
Here you are:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCoS, Chapter 36, Blades
Cadsuane bent to pat Samitsu's shoulder. "You are the best living, perhaps the best ever," she said quietly. "No one has the Healing to compare with you."
It is well known that AS can't lie, so what Cadsuane Sedai said here must be the truth.

As an aside: who was better, Semirhage or Nynaeve? I know that the latter's bedside manners were preferable for the patients, but I am not sure that also translated into being a better healer.
Old 11-04-2015, 06:26 AM
Youngling

Delirium is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Interesting....

But seems like the last 40 posts or so have veered off the original topic around Cadsuane's strength pretty sharply
Old 11-04-2015, 08:50 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

True, but that's Theoryland. We basically agreed that Cadsuane's strength could most accurately be judged from the references in the books, that what is in the notes was most likely older and less accurate, and no one felt like continuing that debate on which they agreed with all others. So we wandered into other topics. Where, it turned out, people also agreed, but that didn't really stop them from debating until it became a bit embarrassing.
Old 11-04-2015, 10:01 AM
Youngling

fionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTheGreat View Post
As an aside: who was better, Semirhage or Nynaeve? I know that the latter's bedside manners were preferable for the patients, but I am not sure that also translated into being a better healer.
Actually, we know Sumeko called some of Nynaeve's Healing weaves clumsy, and when Nynaeve first saw her Heal, she seemed to indicate that even for her, Sumeko's skill was impressive.

Now, whether this is just a matter of age based experience, ie. a 400 year old woman vs. a 26 year old, or something else, I don't know. Sumeko could just be arrogant like many Yellows are, but I don't think Nynaeve would have cared if she didn't know it to be true.

Now, where Sumeko stood with respect to Semirhage, we don't know.