art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > WHEEL OF TIME FORUMS > General Wheel of Time Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 11-02-2015, 10:06 AM
Youngling

Southpaw2012 is a jewel in the roughSouthpaw2012 is a jewel in the roughSouthpaw2012 is a jewel in the rough
Default WoT Companion tour

Just a heads up: WoT Companion book signing tour is scheduled to make a stop in "Chicago" on November 12. That "Chicago" stop is actually Naperville, IL.
Old 11-02-2015, 11:38 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Yeah, that makes my drive a little shorter so I'm not complaining. Who all will be there again? Res? Fionwe? Kimon?
Old 11-02-2015, 11:42 AM
Youngling

fionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant future

Naperville is a Chicago suburb, so I think its fair enough to describe it as "Chicago". Actually ends up meaning less traffic to face too.

I think I'll be able to make it, will update here/by PM once plans firm up.
Old 11-02-2015, 02:14 PM
Youngling

Southpaw2012 is a jewel in the roughSouthpaw2012 is a jewel in the roughSouthpaw2012 is a jewel in the rough

I will certainly be there.
Old 11-02-2015, 04:59 PM
Ancient

Kimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
Yeah, that makes my drive a little shorter so I'm not complaining. Who all will be there again? Res? Fionwe? Kimon?
Not sure (which probably means no). Thursdays aren't the most convenient evening for a teacher. Not sure about the rest of you, but I have to be at work the next day at 7 am. If it was a Friday or Saturday, or Sunday afternoon I would, or if it was an actual book, and Sanderson (or RJ back in the day). But I'm having difficulty feeling much enthusiasm for this Companion Tour.

As for fionwe's comment about Naperville, while it is definitely Chicago environs, it is pretty far west. That can mean anything from a short jaunt to an hour and a half drive each way, plus tolls, depending on where you're coming from. For instance, Naperville is 27 miles from me, and depending on traffic would take anywhere from 45 minutes to well over an hour if traffic is bad.
Old 11-02-2015, 06:28 PM
Youngling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimon View Post
Not sure (which probably means no). Thursdays aren't the most convenient evening for a teacher. Not sure about the rest of you, but I have to be at work the next day at 7 am. If it was a Friday or Saturday, or Sunday afternoon I would, or if it was an actual book, and Sanderson (or RJ back in the day). But I'm having difficulty feeling much enthusiasm for this Companion Tour.

As for fionwe's comment about Naperville, while it is definitely Chicago environs, it is pretty far west. That can mean anything from a short jaunt to an hour and a half drive each way, plus tolls, depending on where you're coming from. For instance, Naperville is 27 miles from me, and depending on traffic would take anywhere from 45 minutes to well over an hour if traffic is bad.
Must be neighbors
Old 11-03-2015, 04:47 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimon View Post

I am coming from the southwest, so it's smooth sailing for me. I can either take 55 or 39 to 80; I usually take 55, and traffic is no issue at that time of day from that direction. Even in the morning, it wouldn't get sticky on 55 until past Naperville.

I hope you can come, despite the hardship. Harriet and Maria and Alan are nice folks, and they like Theorylanders.
Old 11-03-2015, 09:07 AM
Youngling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
I am coming from the southwest, so it's smooth sailing for me. I can either take 55 or 39 to 80; I usually take 55, and traffic is no issue at that time of day from that direction. Even in the morning, it wouldn't get sticky on 55 until past Naperville.

I hope you can come, despite the hardship. Harriet and Maria and Alan are nice folks, and they like Theorylanders.
There is a lot of construction if coming in from the west.
Old 11-03-2015, 09:59 AM
Elder

Res_Ipsa has a brilliant futureRes_Ipsa has a brilliant futureRes_Ipsa has a brilliant futureRes_Ipsa has a brilliant futureRes_Ipsa has a brilliant futureRes_Ipsa has a brilliant futureRes_Ipsa has a brilliant futureRes_Ipsa has a brilliant futureRes_Ipsa has a brilliant futureRes_Ipsa has a brilliant futureRes_Ipsa has a brilliant future

I am still planning on coming. I have a jury trial scheduled that day, so things can happen. I will be coming from the Cincinnati area; anyone want to carpool at some point?

This is my route, starts at picking up a friend at his house.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Dolo...2!2d41.7732833

" 'Looks like the game can be won after all,' [Mat] said. 'Tell the foxes I'm mighty pleased with this key they gave me. Also, you can all go rot in a flaming pit of fire and ashes, you unwashed lumps on a pig's backside. Have a grand bloody day.' "

"Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day."

Last edited by Res_Ipsa; 11-03-2015 at 10:04 AM.
Old 11-03-2015, 11:55 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw2012 View Post
There is a lot of construction if coming in from the west.
It's not as bad as it was when the bridge over the Des Plaines River was being worked on.
Old 11-06-2015, 06:29 AM
Youngling

halo6819 is a name known to allhalo6819 is a name known to allhalo6819 is a name known to allhalo6819 is a name known to allhalo6819 is a name known to allhalo6819 is a name known to allhalo6819 is a name known to allhalo6819 is a name known to all

I will be at the LA/Pasadena signing. Unfortunately my main camera broke so it's 50/50 if i can get footage. I'll try to at least get audio, though I have no idea what to expect from the event
Old 11-12-2015, 02:03 AM
Hero of the Horn

Today's the day. I'll probably leave here around 4pm just to be safe (it's a 2-hour drive), and if I get there too early I'll probably go by the Apple Store across the street.

If anyone wants to coordinate by text, email me (terez27 at gmail dot com).
Old 11-12-2015, 08:02 AM
Youngling

jarno87 is just really nicejarno87 is just really nicejarno87 is just really nicejarno87 is just really nicejarno87 is just really nice

Last Sunday, I was at the San Diego signing. The event was much smaller than I had expected, between 25 and 30 people showed up.

Harriet read one entry from the companion, which is her favourite entry: Bela. Someone asked if there will be any more WoT books, and as we know the answer is no. (Not while she lives, she joked saying it that way might cause her assassination in the parking lot).
When asked about the status of movie/TV she said it is being discussed in holywood, and refused further comments with a WAFO (watch and find out).

Jason read the prologue that didn't make it to the final version of his book Mystic, which was pretty good. I'm curious to get into his book.

PS. @Isabel, when I mentioned I'm from the Netherlands, I was asked to convey greetings to you.
Old 11-12-2015, 10:29 AM
Youngling

fionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant future

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like I can make it. A made a last minute decision to come over and stay, and I couldn't refuse. Hope everyone who's there has a great time!
Old 11-12-2015, 12:07 PM
Youngling

I will be there by 6
Old 11-12-2015, 10:58 PM
Hero of the Horn

Isabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Isabel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarno87 View Post
Last Sunday, I was at the San Diego signing. The event was much smaller than I had expected, between 25 and 30 people showed up.

Harriet read one entry from the companion, which is her favourite entry: Bela. Someone asked if there will be any more WoT books, and as we know the answer is no. (Not while she lives, she joked saying it that way might cause her assassination in the parking lot).
When asked about the status of movie/TV she said it is being discussed in holywood, and refused further comments with a WAFO (watch and find out).

Jason read the prologue that didn't make it to the final version of his book Mystic, which was pretty good. I'm curious to get into his book.

PS. @Isabel, when I mentioned I'm from the Netherlands, I was asked to convey greetings to you.
haha thank you
So did you go specially to the USA for this tour?
'Rand al'Thor, Nynaeve shrieked, that is the most outrageous thing I ever heard out of your mouth. The very idea of telling three women you love them! You are worse than a lecher. You apologize right now!'

Isabel sedai of the Green Ajah, Amyrlin of the Official Nynaeve Fanclub, first sister to Gennie Sedai of the Green Ajah, bonded to Camel, Wolf Gaidin, Jachthond and ghostrider.
Old 11-12-2015, 11:25 PM
Hero of the Horn

He said a while back that by happy coincidence he would be in town for work.

I will post a report soon.