art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Non WoT Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 11-25-2015, 08:48 AM
Hero of the Horn

Nazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowbaneX View Post
And all to coincide with the American Thanksgiving...otherwise known as Turkey Day.

...I'll get my (tinfoil) hat.
In mother Russia turkey shoots you.
Lord Captain Commander of Singing Chipmunks
Master of Nazgul Kitchen
Old 11-25-2015, 09:39 AM
Elder

Rand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazbaque View Post
Literally, this time.
Old 11-25-2015, 10:56 AM
Elder

Daekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unreasoner View Post

Seriously, the notion that Russia will take any kind of serious action in protest or retaliation is laughable. And the reasoning behind it would be the most ridiculous and absurd position ever held by a modern world power. Russia, of all countries, would have no reasonable right to complain of practically any action Turkey might have taken.

Was it stupid to shoot the plane? It wasn't smart, but I don't think you can reasonably call this stupid. Someone needed to respond to Putin. Might as well be the asshole we can disavow.
When did Ireland get grief from Russia? They wouldn't have the balls. We'd drink all their vodka!

He just got carried away a bit this time, probably as a result of his marriage-gonzothegreat

Son of Nazbaque, Lord of Fire
Old 11-25-2015, 01:45 PM
Elder

The Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I tried to rep you for this, but apparently I need to spread some around before giving it to my O- brother/abusive boyfriend again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekyras View Post
When did Ireland get grief from Russia? They wouldn't have the balls. We'd drink all their vodka!
I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not, but I assume the artist was referring to the airspace violations by the nuclear-armed bombers earlier this year, swerving in and out of commercial lanes with transponders off.
Old 11-25-2015, 02:08 PM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I tried to rep you for this, but apparently I need to spread some around before giving it to my O- brother/abusive boyfriend again.
Don't worry, I got ya covered.
Old 11-25-2015, 02:20 PM
Hero of the Horn

Nazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond repute

I just couldn't resist it. It actually felt like I was caught up in the folds of karma and this was the moment those jokes existed for. This moment of irony was so strong it actually sent ripples backwards in time and created the in mother russia jokes.
Master of Nazgul Kitchen
Old 11-25-2015, 02:22 PM
Elder

The Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I just couldn't resist it. It actually felt like I was caught up in the folds of karma and this was the moment those jokes existed for. This moment of irony was so strong it actually sent ripples backwards in time and created the in mother russia jokes.
I totally get it. I usually hate those jokes too, but...this was perfect.

Eta:
Repped you SBX, but couldn't leave a comment for some reason.
Old 11-25-2015, 02:41 PM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I totally get it. I usually hate those jokes too, but...this was perfect.

Eta:
Repped you SBX, but couldn't leave a comment for some reason.
Works for me. I've always been fond of "In corporate America banks rob you!" which has a similar cutting truth to it.
Old 11-25-2015, 02:48 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowbaneX View Post
Works for me. I've always been fond of "In corporate America banks rob you!" which has a similar cutting truth to it.
Well yeah, but that's a sort of long term irony. This time the ironic force was concentrated to this relatively short period of time and thus the karmic pressure was several magnitudes higher and could break anyone's funny bones.
Master of Nazgul Kitchen
Old 11-25-2015, 04:40 PM
Elder

Daekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not, but I assume the artist was referring to the airspace violations by the nuclear-armed bombers earlier this year, swerving in and out of commercial lanes with transponders off.
I was messing about it- that was such a non event that it didn't even make the newspapers. But the Russians did prompt the British to scramble some fighters.

He just got carried away a bit this time, probably as a result of his marriage-gonzothegreat

Son of Nazbaque, Lord of Fire