art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (2): rtolhurstalle, ldseiwellrasha,

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Non WoT Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 11-30-2015, 02:32 PM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy View Post
Yah, Eclipse flies helicoptors for the US Army. I'm not sure what Imram did; i thought he was in the Air Force, but i could be wrong.
I seem to recall the Imran was on the beaches at Normandy in '44, but I might be misremembering. SP would know more as he wrote a paper on him.
Old 11-30-2015, 02:39 PM
Elder

Khoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davian93 View Post
That's good at least...some of the ones I flew on were older than me...sometimes by over a decade.
At this rate they're almost all older than I am. XD

Life is a dream from which we all must wake before we can dream again.

Al dival, al kiserai, al mashi! - For light, glory, and love!

Carai an manshimaya ayend'an! - Honor of my blade for the fallen.
Old 11-30-2015, 02:52 PM
Hero of the Horn

Ivhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Ivhon Send a message via Yahoo to Ivhon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowbaneX View Post
I seem to recall the Imran was on the beaches at Normandy in '44, but I might be misremembering. SP would know more as he wrote a paper on him.
Imram taught Chuck Norris most of what he knew.

Proud owner of the first post on TL's VBulletin forum (sorry...I had ta )

Greeter Emeritus
Old 11-30-2015, 03:54 PM
Elder

Daekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowbaneX View Post
can't remember the last time I saw package post. Very entertaining.

He just got carried away a bit this time, probably as a result of his marriage-gonzothegreat

Son of Nazbaque, Lord of Fire
Old 12-01-2015, 01:56 AM
Hero of the Horn

Frenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Frenzy Send a message via Yahoo to Frenzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekyras View Post
can't remember the last time I saw package post. Very entertaining.
Well, he has a raptor now, and that's distracting.

"How the hell do you Godwin a thread with CUCUMBERS!!?" -- Tru

"I love cucumber prawn... " -- Ivhon

"Have to catch me first. Scared shitless always outruns mad as hell." -- Sinistrum

"Some days I'm happy Frenzy doesn't live next door." -- Tamyrlin

"So Frenzy is a scientist then?" -- Davian
"Well duh. An Evil scientist. " -- Khoram
Old 12-01-2015, 04:22 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

My great-uncle Larry is a retired Air Force colonel. He was at our house (my grandma's house) for Thanksgiving and a Funeral (family tradition) last week. (My maternal grandmother who just passed was his sister.) He's 85 and barely hanging in there, but he was too young for WWII. His first deployment as a pilot was in Korea.

I gather our resident Jon Snow met his wife in Korea when he was with the Peace Corps. That's cool too.

My mom still has a crush on the guy she took flying lessons with in high school. He sent flowers for the funeral with a note that tried to be poetic, and my brother and I had to convince her that she shouldn't read too much into it. One of her brother's kids is also a small craft pilot, and I seem to remember his little brother has flown a helicopter.

I also gather that Sare got further than my mother with flying but not as far as my uncles? I have an uncle by marriage on my dad's side who is a commercial pilot out of NYC (he commutes Newton NJ, for something of a full circle).

Good job Khoram. I could never have been a pilot for the same reason I could never have joined the military: asthma.

(I just realized that this post comes off as poor me, congrats but my grandma died. It wasn't meant to be that; I was just being sentimental cause that's where my brain goes on this topic.)
Old 12-01-2015, 06:48 AM
Elder

Daekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy View Post
Well, he has a raptor now, and that's distracting.
According to the internet I would last 1m 47s with a raptor. So they are way more that "distracting"!

But I will say this- boy raptors are a lot more work than girl raptors were. Especially when they reach the toddling stage.

He just got carried away a bit this time, probably as a result of his marriage-gonzothegreat

Old 12-01-2015, 02:54 PM
Hero of the Horn

Nazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
My great-uncle Larry is a retired Air Force colonel. He was at our house (my grandma's house) for Thanksgiving and a Funeral (family tradition) last week. (My maternal grandmother who just passed was his sister.) He's 85 and barely hanging in there, but he was too young for WWII. His first deployment as a pilot was in Korea.

I gather our resident Jon Snow met his wife in Korea when he was with the Peace Corps. That's cool too.

My mom still has a crush on the guy she took flying lessons with in high school. He sent flowers for the funeral with a note that tried to be poetic, and my brother and I had to convince her that she shouldn't read too much into it. One of her brother's kids is also a small craft pilot, and I seem to remember his little brother has flown a helicopter.

I also gather that Sare got further than my mother with flying but not as far as my uncles? I have an uncle by marriage on my dad's side who is a commercial pilot out of NYC (he commutes Newton NJ, for something of a full circle).

Good job Khoram. I could never have been a pilot for the same reason I could never have joined the military: asthma.

(I just realized that this post comes off as poor me, congrats but my grandma died. It wasn't meant to be that; I was just being sentimental cause that's where my brain goes on this topic.)
I was under the impression that Sare is an active commercial pilot.
Lord Captain Commander of Singing Chipmunks
Master of Nazgul Kitchen
Old 12-01-2015, 04:37 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Could be, hence the question mark. But I thought he was working some other job.
Old 12-01-2015, 07:23 PM
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazbaque View Post
I was under the impression that Sare is an active commercial pilot.
Giggity?

Old 12-03-2015, 07:20 AM
Elder

Figbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant future

Well done Flyboy, I never doubted you

*has no flying related tale to share, other than that I quite like to drink prosecco when I'm flying to a holiday destination*
Old 12-03-2015, 04:31 PM
Elder

Khoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figbiscuit View Post

*has no flying related tale to share, other than that I quite like to drink prosecco when I'm flying to a holiday destination*
Because why not enjoy some of the bubbly stuff while flying at an altitude of 36,000 feet?

Old 12-03-2015, 08:27 PM
Elder

Quote:

Oooh- can we play guess where you were going 9 hols??

Prosecco? Hmmm. A clue. Italy?

Old 12-04-2015, 04:19 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khoram View Post
Because why not enjoy some of the bubbly stuff while flying at an altitude of 36,000 feet?
Actually, seeing as how you would be the pilot, there might possibly be some reason not to indulge too heavily in such circumstances.
Old 12-04-2015, 08:52 AM
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTheGreat View Post
Actually, seeing as how you would be the pilot, there might possibly be some reason not to indulge too heavily in such circumstances.
But Gonzo, that's what autopilot is for.

Not that I would do such a thing. That would be irresponsible, and could get me fired.

Old 12-04-2015, 09:54 AM
Hero of the Horn

Ivhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Ivhon Send a message via Yahoo to Ivhon

Quote:
But Gonzo, that's what autopilot is for.

Not that I would do such a thing. That would be irresponsible, and could get me fired.
See that, surveillance state? It was a joke. See?

Proud owner of the first post on TL's VBulletin forum (sorry...I had ta )

Greeter Emeritus
Old 12-07-2015, 05:21 AM
Elder

Figbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant future

Quote:
It's so wonderfully effective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekyras View Post
Oooh- can we play guess where you were going 9 hols??

Prosecco? Hmmm. A clue. Italy?
My holidays generally involve snow, so think mountains
Old 12-07-2015, 06:57 AM
Elder

Quote:

So- Prosecco and Snowy mountains....Switzerland??

Old 12-07-2015, 07:44 PM
Elder

Quote:

So no Canadia this year, seeing as we haven't really had any snow.

ie: the snow that we have had disappeared within several hours of it falling.