art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Non WoT Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 12-04-2015, 04:13 PM
Elder

Daekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davian93 View Post
Yeah, I remember Cahersiveen...I went there to get cash out of the ATM because Portmagee (where we spent the night at one point) didn't have an ATM or any real stores. It DID have 2 pubs at least for food/drink.

For that part of Ireland, Cahersiveen felt like a bustling metropolis but Wiki tells me the population is around 1,200.
1200 is the municipal area- covers all the farms in a four mile radius. Town itself is easily less then 500.

It's a nice town though. Portmagee is lovely too. And now you will get to see it again in the new star wars!

He just got carried away a bit this time, probably as a result of his marriage-gonzothegreat

Son of Nazbaque, Lord of Fire
Old 12-04-2015, 04:25 PM
Elder

Rand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of light

Ireland sounds like my kind of place. Always felt more comfortable in small towns than cities. And Wyoming, my home state, boasts a legitimate town of 1. Buford, Wyoming. It used to be a town of a couple thousand, but time wore that down. That said, the largest city in Wyoming is Cheyenne, Wy that has just over 62,000 people. And the state of Wyoming has less than 600,000 people, but is the 10th largest state in square miles. So, small towns are not unknown here. And Ireland would fit in comfortably into Wyoming.

http://mapfight.appspot.com/us.wy-vs...ize-comparison
Old 12-04-2015, 04:43 PM
Elder

Daekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand al'Fain View Post
Ireland sounds like my kind of place. Always felt more comfortable in small towns than cities. And Wyoming, my home state, boasts a legitimate town of 1. Buford, Wyoming. It used to be a town of a couple thousand, but time wore that down. That said, the largest city in Wyoming is Cheyenne, Wy that has just over 62,000 people. And the state of Wyoming has less than 600,000 people, but is the 10th largest state in square miles. So, small towns are not unknown here. And Ireland would fit in comfortably into Wyoming.

sounds awesome.

That map of Ireland is...upsetting.

He just got carried away a bit this time, probably as a result of his marriage-gonzothegreat

Old 12-04-2015, 05:15 PM
Elder

The Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond repute

California uber alles.

I hope you don't have an uncool niece.
Old 12-04-2015, 10:15 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekyras View Post
And the funny thing? Most people believe we are becoming to built up!
Maybe you are; I haven't been there since 1998. We spent 10 days there with my whole university band and if I recall correctly, it involved taking tour buses from Dublin to Cork to the Cliffs of Moher and back to Dublin (with a few minor stops along the way). East coast, south coast, west coast. I imagine the roads we took were relatively well-traveled, but it was mostly hills and sheep. We got excited every time we saw a ruined tower, even if it was a rinky-dink one. I think of that every time I read or watch the scene where Ygritte sees a windmill and thinks it's a castle. (Muricans are wildlings when it comes to castles.)
Old 12-05-2015, 01:23 AM
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
Maybe you are; I haven't been there since 1998. We spent 10 days there with my whole university band and if I recall correctly, it involved taking tour buses from Dublin to Cork to the Cliffs of Moher and back to Dublin (with a few minor stops along the way). East coast, south coast, west coast. I imagine the roads we took were relatively well-traveled, but it was mostly hills and sheep. We got excited every time we saw a ruined tower, even if it was a rinky-dink one. I think of that every time I read or watch the scene where Ygritte sees a windmill and thinks it's a castle. (Muricans are wildlings when it comes to castles.)
Noob: I think demandred is taim.

Terez: you know nothing, Noob.

Noob: but but but...

Terez: I'll help you, reluctantly. But next time you post that crap? I'll delete you myself.

Old 12-05-2015, 01:36 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Quote:
Noob: I think demandred is taim.

Terez: you know nothing, Noob.

Noob: but but but...

Terez: I'll help you, reluctantly. But next time you post that crap? I'll delete you myself.
I never threatened to delete anyone for Taimandred. Most of the time I expressed sympathy for those who still believed it. Stop trying to rewrite history.
Old 12-05-2015, 01:41 AM
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
I never threatened to delete anyone for Taimandred. Most of the time I expressed sympathy for those who still believed it. Stop trying to rewrite history.
Daekyras: I is noob.

Old 12-05-2015, 05:08 AM
Hero of the Horn

Nazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
sounds awesome.

That map of Ireland is...upsetting.
Try this

But population is pretty close.
Lord Captain Commander of Singing Chipmunks
Master of Nazgul Kitchen
Old 12-05-2015, 05:19 AM
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazbaque View Post
Try this

But population is pretty close.
Not the size Naz- I don't like seeing ireland drawn with the top missing! It's mad, northern ireland is a separate country but ireland is always the whole island to me.

Old 12-05-2015, 07:07 AM
Hero of the Horn

Nazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Not the size Naz- I don't like seeing ireland drawn with the top missing! It's mad, northern ireland is a separate country but ireland is always the whole island to me.
Ah. I thought you meant the squarish form. Should have realised it was that political bit. Still better than Sweden and Finland without Norway.
Master of Nazgul Kitchen
Old 12-05-2015, 11:03 AM
Hero of the Horn

DahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to DahLliA

Quote:
Ah. I thought you meant the squarish form. Should have realised it was that political bit. Still better than Sweden and Finland without Norway.
What can I say? We just don't mix well with oilless scrubs

"'Profound... huh.' Temper was silent for a long moment, studying the cobbles of the alley mouth. And then he lifted his helmed head, faced Shadowthrone, and said, 'Fuck off.'"
Old 12-05-2015, 11:44 AM
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DahLliA View Post
What can I say? We just don't mix well with oilless scrubs
You prefer oily scrubs?

Old 12-08-2015, 04:18 AM
Elder

Watched the good the bad and the ugly last night and it reminded me of this thread.

"In matters like this there are two kinds of people. Those with oil, and those that dig"

Old 12-08-2015, 05:58 AM
Hero of the Horn

DahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to DahLliA

Quote:
Watched the good the bad and the ugly last night and it reminded me of this thread.

"In matters like this there are two kinds of people. Those with oil, and those that dig"
Good one

And of course I prefer things oiled up. To prevent injuries from friction

"'Profound... huh.' Temper was silent for a long moment, studying the cobbles of the alley mouth. And then he lifted his helmed head, faced Shadowthrone, and said, 'Fuck off.'"
Old 12-08-2015, 06:07 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:

"In matters like this there are two kinds of people. Those with oil, and those that burn the food"

But my favourite will always be:

"In matters like this there are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."
Master of Nazgul Kitchen
Old 12-08-2015, 03:49 PM
Elder

Quote:
"In matters like this there are two kinds of people. Those with oil, and those that burn the food"

But my favourite will always be:

"In matters like this there are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."
My favourite:
There are two types of people in the world. Those that split the world into two groups.