art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Non WoT Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 01-15-2016, 07:41 PM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

It's possible that JK Rowling had him in mind when creating the character. It would be hard to pick between Galaxy Quest & and Robin Hood. Plenty of other good ones, of course, but I love those two roles.
Old 01-15-2016, 07:46 PM
Hero of the Horn

tworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to tworiverswoman

The problem is trying to limit yourself to defining his "best" role. And frankly, I've never seen him be less than awesome no matter what he was in.

Another British actor and comedian, John Sessions, was on QI once and did some of the best impressions of Alan Rickman - he was spot on. He wasn't doing a comedy routine, the panel was just talking about him (Emma Thompson was on the panel, too). I've linked the clip up there - his answer to the little girl about him always playing villains made me snort.
"once I'm naked, i can't get any cooler!" - Camel

Back in my day Pluto was a planet!
Old 01-15-2016, 08:12 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowbaneX View Post
It's possible that JK Rowling had him in mind when creating the character.
That, I doubt, because of the way she described him physically. Skinny and snivelly, etc. Physically he was nothing like Rickman, but Rickman still nailed the character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tworiverswoman View Post
Another British actor and comedian, John Sessions, was on QI once and did some of the best impressions of Alan Rickman - he was spot on.
Yup, perfect.
Old 01-15-2016, 10:11 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepinghour View Post
A photo of Tim Curry showed up in a tweet from Tor Books, which had posted tributes to Bowie and Alan Rickman earlier, so for an awful moment I thought I really had jinxed the poor guy. But it turned out he's just narrating The Rocky Horror Picture Show remake. So hopefully he's doing well at the moment.
That is good to know. Did you know they're also remaking Clue? I can't imagine how it could possibly be anywhere near as good with a different cast.
Old 01-22-2016, 05:18 AM
Elder

Daekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond repute

I watched philosophers stone last night.

He was literally the only good performance in it. the rest of the big name cast were treating it like a school play and hamming it up. He acts his way through it.

I might even suffer Chamber of secrets tonight. Might!

He just got carried away a bit this time, probably as a result of his marriage-gonzothegreat

Son of Nazbaque, Lord of Fire
Old 02-03-2016, 02:09 PM
Elder

Weiramon has a reputation beyond reputeWeiramon has a reputation beyond reputeWeiramon has a reputation beyond reputeWeiramon has a reputation beyond reputeWeiramon has a reputation beyond reputeWeiramon has a reputation beyond reputeWeiramon has a reputation beyond reputeWeiramon has a reputation beyond reputeWeiramon has a reputation beyond reputeWeiramon has a reputation beyond reputeWeiramon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davian93 View Post
"We're gonna need some more FBI guys, I guess"

"Now I have a machine gun...Ho ho ho."

"Now I know what a TV dinner feels like"

"Come out to the coast, we'll get together, have a few laughs..."

"Hans...Bubby, I'm your white knight!"

"I'm an exceptional thief!"

Best quotes I can think of off the top of my head.
"Look mom - no Hans!"

RIP