art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Non WoT Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 06-28-2016, 03:25 AM
Youngling

fionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
They couldn't do that because the Sept was Olenna's reason for being there.
And another sign that time had passed. She knows Margery is dead, as do the Dornish.

I'm still mystified at Cersei's decision to declare war on the Tyrells and the Martells at once. What strength does she think she can rely on? The Tryell forces are huge and far from the decimation faced by most of the Lannister forces. And Dorne hasn't lost any soldiers in this war at all.

The scattered remains of the Stormland's forces and the Lannister's are hardly going to be up to the task. And with the Frey's gone, the Riverlands won't be far behind in declaring for the King in the North (especially if Arya had the sense to release her uncle from his dungeon).

The only way Cersei survives is if there's aid from Euron. Either in the form of a massive attack on the Reach that keeps Olenna busy, or through some sort of actual alliance.
Old 06-28-2016, 03:26 AM
Youngling

fionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Definitely the best piece of music this season. I appreciate the irony of the name of the piece too...

Ramin Djawdi has really been killing it this week. GoT and the series finale of Person of Interest both had simply brilliant music.
Old 06-28-2016, 05:37 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Quote:
Originally Posted by fionwe1987 View Post
I'm still mystified at Cersei's decision to declare war on the Tyrells and the Martells at once.
Cersei's actions have not been governed by logic for some time. Like Tywin said, she's not as smart as she thinks she is to begin with, and now she's losing her mind.
Old 06-28-2016, 07:30 AM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Cersei's actions have not been governed by logic for some time. Like Tywin said, she's not as smart as she thinks she is to begin with, and now she's losing her mind.
But it sure is fun to watch a person with zero morals and nothing to lose get revenge on her enemies for a bit.

Confess! Confess!

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 06-29-2016, 12:08 PM
Youngling

Quote:
Sure. But she wasn't stupid enough to pull off the Wildfire Plot. She saw her dwindling options with the Sparrow, and sucker punched him, and neatly removed all other people on her path too.

I don't say that means she's some super genius, but I expect her to have some amount of cunning left.
Old 06-29-2016, 12:57 PM
Elder

Weiramon has a reputation beyond reputeWeiramon has a reputation beyond reputeWeiramon has a reputation beyond reputeWeiramon has a reputation beyond reputeWeiramon has a reputation beyond reputeWeiramon has a reputation beyond reputeWeiramon has a reputation beyond reputeWeiramon has a reputation beyond reputeWeiramon has a reputation beyond reputeWeiramon has a reputation beyond reputeWeiramon has a reputation beyond repute

There are ancient tales of a Kingslayer, as unthinkable as that sounds. But these musings told of a King who would burn his own subjects, not a Queen.

Of course the deaths of peasants, riffraff and other common-born is quite lamentable - a House's glory is after all reflected in the numbers over which they hold sway.

A shame it would be, thrice over.
Old 06-30-2016, 12:07 AM
Elder

rand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant future

A couple random things I've read about the finale:

The astrolabe we always see in the credits is in the Citadel's library in Oldtown. You can see it in the Sam scene, complete with a bunch of lenses around it that you also see in the credits.

Apparently some people think Lady Stoneheart was in the finale...sort of. They've given Catelyn's role to Arya, and now Arya will join up with the Brotherhood and the Hound and go on a killing spree.

People who can (supposedly) read lips say that Lyanna named her son Jahaerys, not Jon.
Old 06-30-2016, 09:18 AM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The astrolabe we always see in the credits is in the Citadel's library in Oldtown. You can see it in the Sam scene, complete with a bunch of lenses around it that you also see in the credits.
Yeah, that was a nice touch...I kinda laughed when I saw it.

Quote:
People who can (supposedly) read lips say that Lyanna named her son Jahaerys, not Jon.
Probably best that Ned changed it then. I mean, Robert's a stupid drunk but I think even he'd start to wonder why Ned would name his bastard with a fairly well known Targaryen first name.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Old 06-30-2016, 12:31 PM
Elder

Rand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of light

Since Jon+Dany is more than likely to happen down the line, what happens to the other Stark siblings?
Old 06-30-2016, 01:58 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute

I'm hoping Tyrion and Sansa will give it another go. And Arya was making eyes at Jaime at the Twins...
Old 06-30-2016, 03:21 PM
Youngling

Quote:
I'm hoping Tyrion and Sansa will give it another go.
Me too. Scarred, sarcastic dwarf is as far as you can get from Sansa's dream men when she was naive. I think she'll take it.

Quote:
And Arya was making eyes at Jaime at the Twins...
Old 06-30-2016, 05:26 PM
Elder

Rand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I'm hoping Tyrion and Sansa will give it another go. And Arya was making eyes at Jaime at the Twins...
Old 06-30-2016, 07:56 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Best part of that scene was Bronn...especially "You don't have to call me Ser just because I'm an annointed knight..." as he was walking away.

I love Bronn, I hope the show ends with him on the Iron Throne.

Old 07-01-2016, 03:29 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Me too. Scarred, sarcastic dwarf is as far as you can get from Sansa's dream men when she was naive. I think she'll take it.
Oh, I think Tyrion deserves more than "she'll take it". It might end up being a Rhett-Scarlet scenario, where she realizes too late that she's in love with him, but Tyrion recognizes that she was a child when they were married so he need not hold it against her.

Quote:
Yep. I'm on the ship train, though. I like this idea as much as Torienne. I just fear to hope that Jaime will survive.
Old 07-01-2016, 04:17 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm on the ship train, though.
Will that ship train float?
Old 07-01-2016, 03:52 PM
Youngling

maleshub is a jewel in the roughmaleshub is a jewel in the roughmaleshub is a jewel in the rough

Arya eyes those who's name is required by the many-faced god. That's the only thing driving her right now She probably had Jaime slated for death after Walder Frey; or if he responded to her advances. Imagine the mess of Jaime killed in a feast organized by the Freys
Old 07-01-2016, 04:20 PM
Hero of the Horn

Jaime was never on her list. Of course, he might be if she knew about what he did to Bran, or her father. (Apparently she never learned about the latter, or he would have been on her list.)
Old 07-01-2016, 06:08 PM
Elder

Quote:
Jaime was never on her list. Of course, he might be if she knew about what he did to Bran, or her father. (Apparently she never learned about the latter, or he would have been on her list.)
Still a chance he might get put on there. And then Jaime feels a "needle" in his chest.