art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (1): kchlenkerreni,

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > General "Other" Books Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 05-21-2014, 06:32 PM
Hero: The Prophet of Moiraine

Seeker has a reputation beyond reputeSeeker has a reputation beyond reputeSeeker has a reputation beyond reputeSeeker has a reputation beyond reputeSeeker has a reputation beyond reputeSeeker has a reputation beyond reputeSeeker has a reputation beyond reputeSeeker has a reputation beyond reputeSeeker has a reputation beyond reputeSeeker has a reputation beyond reputeSeeker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dresden Files: Marry or Holly.

So, which relationship are you cheering for Marry (Murphy & Harry) or Holly (Harry & Molly). I'm going for the second. I really don't think Harry and Murphy have much chemistry, and though she started as his student, Molly is grown up. Also Harry and Molly will both live for several hundred years and Murphy will not.
If his bride didn't like it, St. Peter wouldn't mind.

Well, now I lie here so out of breath and... over opiated.
Maybe I couldn't catch up no, but maybe she could have waited.
Old 05-21-2014, 06:39 PM
Youngling

fionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
So, which relationship are you cheering for Marry (Murphy & Harry) or Holly (Harry & Molly). I'm going for the second. I really don't think Harry and Murphy have much chemistry, and though she started as his student, Molly is grown up. Also Harry and Molly will both live for several hundred years and Murphy will not.
I'm pretty sure it'll end up being Harry and Elaine.
Old 05-21-2014, 06:51 PM

Seeker has a reputation beyond reputeSeeker has a reputation beyond reputeSeeker has a reputation beyond reputeSeeker has a reputation beyond reputeSeeker has a reputation beyond reputeSeeker has a reputation beyond reputeSeeker has a reputation beyond reputeSeeker has a reputation beyond reputeSeeker has a reputation beyond reputeSeeker has a reputation beyond reputeSeeker has a reputation beyond repute

That would be horrible. it would be completely ignore everything that had been built up until now. I'm pretty sure that the next book will focus a lot on Harry and Molly since

Spoiler:
she's the winter lady.

Old 05-21-2014, 08:53 PM
Youngling

fionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
That would be horrible. it would be completely ignore everything that had been built up until now.
There's still 8 more books or so. Things can change.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that the next book will focus a lot on Harry and Molly since

Spoiler:
she's the winter lady.
Based on what I've heard from people who read the book, not so much.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:00 PM

Seriously?

What is it with this guy? I'd say his only real draw back as a writer is he reaaaaaally loves to ship tease (which is just unkind to your fans)

Old 05-22-2014, 04:36 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Why would Harry have to choose?
Can't he have all three?

Spoiler:
I'm sure there are other books/series where that actually works out.
Old 05-22-2014, 01:54 PM

No because Jim Butcher is not a misogynist.

Old 05-27-2014, 08:08 AM
Hero of the Horn

Mort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Mort

Skin Game got released today. Anyone else who hit the buy button on Amazon?

I'm reading Daemon by Daniel Suarez right now though so Skin Game will have to wait until I'm done with that one.

"I discovered at an early age that if I talk long enough, I can make anything right or wrong. So either I am God, or truth is relative." - Jeff Winger, Community
----------

We rode on the winds of the rising storm, we ran to the sounds of thunder.
We danced among the lighting bolts, and tore the world asunder.

Old 06-07-2014, 08:01 PM

So, it looks like we're going with Karry for the win. Which i suppose is a good thing. Harry and Murph got some real development this time around.

Also

PARKOUUR!

Old 08-05-2014, 03:20 PM
Hero of the Horn

Gilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond repute

There's nothing wrong with serial monogamy when you're going to live for a couple hundred years, you know.

By: Steampunk Boba Fett

Last edited by Gilshalos Sedai; 08-07-2014 at 09:59 AM. Reason: because I felt like it.
Old 08-07-2016, 12:04 AM
Hero of the Horn

Frenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Frenzy Send a message via Yahoo to Frenzy

Just finished Skin Game. A satisfying read, though i haven't binge-read an actual book in a long time, so i'm a bit wiped.

i know i'm late to the party, but just in case...

Spoiler:
Why was Nicodemus trying to get his hands on the grail? What enemy is he preparing for?

"How the hell do you Godwin a thread with CUCUMBERS!!?" -- Tru

"I love cucumber prawn... " -- Ivhon

"Have to catch me first. Scared shitless always outruns mad as hell." -- Sinistrum

"Some days I'm happy Frenzy doesn't live next door." -- Tamyrlin

"So Frenzy is a scientist then?" -- Davian
"Well duh. An Evil scientist. " -- Khoram
Old 09-13-2016, 06:11 AM
Hero of the Horn

Mort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Mort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy View Post
Just finished Skin Game. A satisfying read, though i haven't binge-read an actual book in a long time, so i'm a bit wiped.

i know i'm late to the party, but just in case...

Spoiler:
Why was Nicodemus trying to get his hands on the grail? What enemy is he preparing for?
Spoiler:
I think Nico, Mab and all supernaturals recognize the impending threat of the Outsiders, since they seem to have a united front against them in the Nevernever. Nico probably sees the Grail as a weapon he can use to protect himself from the Outsiders.

I realized now that Jim Butcher just started writing on the next book? :/ Thought he was nearly finished since it was 2 years since the last book, about the time it takes for him to crank another one out. Sad now.

"I discovered at an early age that if I talk long enough, I can make anything right or wrong. So either I am God, or truth is relative." - Jeff Winger, Community
----------

We rode on the winds of the rising storm, we ran to the sounds of thunder.
We danced among the lighting bolts, and tore the world asunder.

Old 09-16-2016, 09:46 PM
Hero of the Horn

Frenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Frenzy Send a message via Yahoo to Frenzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort View Post
I realized now that Jim Butcher just started writing on the next book? :/ Thought he was nearly finished since it was 2 years since the last book, about the time it takes for him to crank another one out. Sad now.
Well, he is doing the Aeronaut's Windlass books too, so his time's split.

Haven't read it yet. Heard it wasn't bad.

"How the hell do you Godwin a thread with CUCUMBERS!!?" -- Tru

"I love cucumber prawn... " -- Ivhon

"Have to catch me first. Scared shitless always outruns mad as hell." -- Sinistrum

"Some days I'm happy Frenzy doesn't live next door." -- Tamyrlin

"So Frenzy is a scientist then?" -- Davian
"Well duh. An Evil scientist. " -- Khoram
Old 09-21-2016, 10:59 AM
Youngling

Tomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant future

The aeronaut's windlass is rather good.

I think Raoul and the other cats steals the show.
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. (Marx)