art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Non WoT Discussion
User Name
Password

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 12:54 AM
Elder

Sukoto is a splendid one to beholdSukoto is a splendid one to beholdSukoto is a splendid one to beholdSukoto is a splendid one to beholdSukoto is a splendid one to beholdSukoto is a splendid one to beholdSukoto is a splendid one to beholdSukoto is a splendid one to beholdSukoto is a splendid one to behold
Default RIP America

I just can't. I am going to live the next four years in denial, pretending that Obama is still president. I can't possibly make sense of this mess.

Last edited by Sukoto; 11-09-2016 at 09:01 AM.
Old 11-09-2016, 01:15 AM
Elder

rand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant future

I can at least take some small comfort in the fact that NH looks like we're going with Clinton. So I don't have to be completely embarrassed about living here.

But come on, look at all the positives. Miley Cyrus says she's moving to Canada. And then there's...well, I'm sure there's more...
Old 11-09-2016, 02:23 AM
Youngling

SomeOneElse is an unknown quantity at this point

Well now I believe in american democracy cause even such a clown can become a president in your country.

I thought that hillary winning was predefined just because she's a woman.
Old 11-09-2016, 02:27 AM
Hero of the Horn

DahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to DahLliA

I'll just copy what I wrote on FB:

"Maybe letting the worst candidate, apart from Trump, cheat her way to the democratic candidacy wasn't such a good idea after all? Pretty sure anyone else would have had a walkover with Trump as their opponent."

This was completely avoidable if the rich assholes in charge of your country had paid attention to what was going on in the lower classes of American society instead of trucking along in their elitist ways.

Pretty sure even Hillary would have won against Trump if she had gotten the candidacy without cheating.

"'Profound... huh.' Temper was silent for a long moment, studying the cobbles of the alley mouth. And then he lifted his helmed head, faced Shadowthrone, and said, 'Fuck off.'"
Old 11-09-2016, 02:42 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, the Democrats wrested defeat from the jaws of near inevitable victory. They do have a talent for that; they managed the same thing 16 years ago too.
Old 11-09-2016, 04:10 AM
Hero of the Horn

yks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond repute

Damn damn damn.

This is what you get in a culture of glorification of ignorance. Seriously, fuck damn.

Next, Wilders wins simple majority in the Netherlands and I'll have to move, but where? Hope that Russia hasn't taken over Eastern Europe already, I guess. Because NATO is dead. And give Trump a few days in the office and USA will be bankrupt. God damn this mess.

Bonded to JWB

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
Old 11-09-2016, 06:47 AM
Ancient

Kimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DahLliA View Post
I'll just copy what I wrote on FB:

"Maybe letting the worst candidate, apart from Trump, cheat her way to the democratic candidacy wasn't such a good idea after all? Pretty sure anyone else would have had a walkover with Trump as their opponent."

This was completely avoidable if the rich assholes in charge of your country had paid attention to what was going on in the lower classes of American society instead of trucking along in their elitist ways.

Pretty sure even Hillary would have won against Trump if she had gotten the candidacy without cheating.
She was a bad candidate, but she did not cheat to win the primary. How do people believe this nonsense?
Old 11-09-2016, 07:03 AM
Hero of the Horn

DahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to DahLliA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimon View Post
She was a bad candidate, but she did not cheat to win the primary. How do people believe this nonsense?
I don't know? Maybe because we don't have a blind faith in the obviously corrupt politicans we're stuck with?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_D...tee_email_leak

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Podest..._Donna_Brazile

"'Profound... huh.' Temper was silent for a long moment, studying the cobbles of the alley mouth. And then he lifted his helmed head, faced Shadowthrone, and said, 'Fuck off.'"
Old 11-09-2016, 07:04 AM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Once again, Hillarys utter arrogance and stupidity cost her an election. A damn shame this time it also means the end of Pax Americana and our place in the world.

Good work, Dems. You utter fucking idiots for picking her.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 11-09-2016, 07:37 AM
Ancient

Kimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DahLliA View Post
I don't know? Maybe because we don't have a blind faith in the obviously corrupt politicans we're stuck with?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_D...tee_email_leak

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Podest..._Donna_Brazile
Neither of which demonstrate cheating in any way, only that many at the DNC didn't like Bernie. Hardly a surprise, as he isn't a democrat. He got fewer votes than Hillary. The system wasn't rigged. They didn't steal votes from him. This is exactly why Bernie and his demagoguery bothered me nearly as much as Trump's. That doesn't change the fact that she was a bad candidate too, but we had two awful candidates. A demagogue (Bernie) and paranoid technocrat without any charisma (Hillary). The problem was that all the good candidates (Joe Biden, Elizabeth Warren, Cory Booker, Sherrod Brown) decided that Hillary had earned a clear field, which unfortunately led to her running against a non-democrat in the primaries, Bernie. She could have also helped tourniquet this situation by picking a true progressive as her VP, like Warren or Brown. But she chose Tim Kaine, a candidate even more boring, and more centrist than herself. That choice, like the email, was really stupid.

The Supreme Court, and the country, are now both really screwed. Hopefully Ginsburg holds out long enough that Trump isn't the one replacing her or this mess will last for the next 25-30 years.

Last edited by Kimon; 11-09-2016 at 07:40 AM.
Old 11-09-2016, 08:38 AM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Hillary loses the Wisconsin primary badly to an upstart candidate.

Her response: Never visit the state again or give any effort campaigning there.

And people are surprised she lost? Sheer hubris and arrogance. She was an awful candidate 8 years ago that got crushed by a freshman Senator with zero experience and a super muslimy name in a country that hates Muslims. Why did anyone on earth thing she'd be better now?

Idiots, all of them.

Also, told ya Bernie was the better option.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Old 11-09-2016, 08:54 AM
Ancient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davian93 View Post
Hillary loses the Wisconsin primary badly to an upstart candidate.

Her response: Never visit the state again or give any effort campaigning there.

And people are surprised she lost? Sheer hubris and arrogance. She was an awful candidate 8 years ago that got crushed by a freshman Senator with zero experience and a super muslimy name in a country that hates Muslims. Why did anyone on earth thing she'd be better now?

Idiots, all of them.

Also, told ya Bernie was the better option.
Certainly a lot to justify the above sentiment considering the post mortem, but Bernie's stances on Brexit, on trade, on education reform, all scared the crap out of me nearly as much as Trump. I still find it hard to fathom however that Trump won Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, and seemingly Michigan too. Bernie, with his anti-trade message would have likely won all three of those states and the election.

Hopefully we get a better candidate (maybe Michelle Obama) in 4 years, and Trump has only filled one seat on the Court, and not two by then. Even with just that he's going to do a lot of damage, maybe irreparable (social security likely will be gutted, as will the ACA and EPA) considering he has a Republican Congress. Our only hope is that he is so petty that he ignites a civil war between himself and the Republicans in Congress, which considering Trump, is quite possible.
Old 11-09-2016, 09:21 AM
Hero of the Horn

yks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond repute

Nah, his fist act will be to get rid of the debt. Either by printing more money or declaring bankruptcy.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Bonded to JWB

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
Old 11-09-2016, 09:51 AM
Hero of the Horn

Nazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yks 6nnetu hing View Post
Nah, his fist act will be to get rid of the debt. Either by printing more money or declaring bankruptcy.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
No his first act is to have sex in the oval office. With his daughter. Incest sex scandal within a week.

He might take a naked piss on the roof of the White House before dealing with the debt. Something of a coin toss.
Lord Captain Commander of Singing Chipmunks
Master of Nazgul Kitchen
Old 11-09-2016, 12:30 PM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

I think he'll shock everyone by actually being a good and competent president who gets worthwhile things done.
Old 11-09-2016, 12:41 PM
Hero of the Horn

Nazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTheGreat View Post
I think he'll shock everyone by actually being a good and competent president who gets worthwhile things done.
Don't be naive Gonzo. There are no worthwhile things.
Lord Captain Commander of Singing Chipmunks
Master of Nazgul Kitchen
Old 11-09-2016, 01:07 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Certainly a lot to justify the above sentiment considering the post mortem, but Bernie's stances on Brexit, on trade, on education reform, all scared the crap out of me nearly as much as Trump. I still find it hard to fathom however that Trump won Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, and seemingly Michigan too. Bernie, with his anti-trade message would have likely won all three of those states and the election.

Hopefully we get a better candidate (maybe Michelle Obama) in 4 years, and Trump has only filled one seat on the Court, and not two by then. Even with just that he's going to do a lot of damage, maybe irreparable (social security likely will be gutted, as will the ACA and EPA) considering he has a Republican Congress. Our only hope is that he is so petty that he ignites a civil war between himself and the Republicans in Congress, which considering Trump, is quite possible.
You really think Ginsburg will last 4 more years? Really?

That's laughable. She's barely hanging on as it is.

Old 11-09-2016, 01:12 PM
Hero of the Horn

Figure Obamacare will be gone on Day 1...I'm sure they've already prepped the legislation. Same with opening relations with Cuba...gone since that was an Executive Order anyway.

Gay/LGBTQ rights? Curtailed
Immigration Reform? Dead
Defense Of Marriage will be revisited
Almost a certain challenge to Roe V Wade once that SCOTUS seat is filled.
I can 100% guarantee the Senate Republicans will eliminate the filibuster on Day 1 too...zero reason for them to keep it around as it would slow them down.

It'll be like Kansas under Brownback...only its not a backwater shithole state, its formerly the most powerful nation in the world.

I'd be terrified if I was in China's sphere of influence or in eastern Europe. There is zero chance he'll support NATO. I wouldn't be shocked to see the Baltic states come to a separate agreement with Russia once Trump tells them they're SOL on US support.

I'm quite curious to see how he handles marijuana legalization. Up till now, its still a felony under federal law but Obama told DEA to not go after producers in states where its legal. Its now legal in several more states but Trump could easily end that in 5 seconds with the stroke of a pen.

Should be one hell of a ride.

Old 11-09-2016, 01:17 PM
Hero of the Horn

Example of how this is going to go down: 2 Oilmen and his own son are atop the list to head Dept of the Interior...you know, the Dept in charge of preserving public lands and our national parks. The current Secretary was previously the CEO of REI (one of the best outdoors outfitters in existence) who also had a massive resume of protecting the environment.

Its like a giant FU to the country's public lands and parks system. What's next, an oil derrick in Yellowstone?

Old 11-09-2016, 01:29 PM
Hero of the Horn

Ivhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Ivhon Send a message via Yahoo to Ivhon

Quote:

Even then, Republicans won't give up the stranglehold they now have on politics. Redistricting, voter suppression laws, SCOTUS, Congress, governors, state legislatures. They have all the power. Can literally rewrite the Constitution if they wish. But why bother as they can do whatever they want without recourse.

Proud owner of the first post on TL's VBulletin forum (sorry...I had ta )

Greeter Emeritus
Closed Thread