art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (2): canadaexpeditio, ShadowbaneX,

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Non WoT Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 12-19-2016, 12:24 PM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Russian Ambassador To Turkey Shot

Um...that ain't good.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/12...in-ankara.html

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/12/19/eu...hot/index.html

He's not dead yet at least...just seriously wounded.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 12-19-2016, 12:25 PM
Hero of the Horn

WinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to WinespringBrother

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2016/...html?ref=world

"Oh, y'all [Theorylanders] are awesome with awesome sauce, but you ask a lot of tricky questions. I had to watch myself with you guys." - Maria

"I need to RAFO more things, I'm not being very Robert Jordan..." - Brandon
Old 12-19-2016, 01:09 PM
Ancient

StrangePackage has a brilliant futureStrangePackage has a brilliant futureStrangePackage has a brilliant futureStrangePackage has a brilliant futureStrangePackage has a brilliant futureStrangePackage has a brilliant futureStrangePackage has a brilliant futureStrangePackage has a brilliant futureStrangePackage has a brilliant futureStrangePackage has a brilliant futureStrangePackage has a brilliant future

He's dead.

Good thing we don't have some impulsive neophyte at the helm should this get out of hand.

What're the odds this was some dispossessed Syrian expressing his anger at Russia bombing the shit out of his people?

"My country, right or wrong," is a thing that no patriot would think of saying except in a desperate case. It is like saying, "My mother, drunk or sober."- G.K. Chesterton

"A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day."- Calvin
Old 12-19-2016, 02:43 PM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangePackage View Post
He's dead.

Good thing we don't have some impulsive neophyte at the helm should this get out of hand.

What're the odds this was some dispossessed Syrian expressing his anger at Russia bombing the shit out of his people?
Nah, this is part of a vast global conspiracy, not some wacko lone gunman.

Imagine if this were a US Ambassador and Trump were in charge...we'd be at war almost immediately.

Hell, an Ambassador dies on Obama's watch and we've had 4+ years of hearings that somehow just ended right after Hillary lost...odd that timing, eh?

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Old 12-19-2016, 02:59 PM
Hero of the Horn

Brita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond repute

A truck has crashed into a crowd in Berlin.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/truck-c...rket-1.3903677

I don't have to agree with you to like you or respect you. ― Anthony Bourdain
Old 12-19-2016, 03:06 PM
Hero of the Horn

I really hope that's an accident instead of a repeat of the Nice attack on Bastille Day.

Old 12-19-2016, 03:09 PM
Hero of the Horn

Brita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond repute

And a gunman on the loose in Zurich.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/switzer...rich-1.3903432

Witnesses in Berlin say it did not look like an accident, but that might be hard to ascertain at first.

I don't have to agree with you to like you or respect you. ― Anthony Bourdain
Old 12-19-2016, 03:12 PM
Ancient

Kimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davian93 View Post
I really hope that's an accident instead of a repeat of the Nice attack on Bastille Day.
It was a Christmas market - pretty much zero chance of this not being terrorism.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-38373867

Not much info out yet - this is the whole story linked above.

Quote:
One person has died and several have been injured as a lorry ploughed into a Christmas market in central Berlin, police say.
Police now say they suspect it was a deliberate attack. Video footage from the scene shows stalls knocked over and people lying injured on the ground.
The market is at Breitscheidplatz, close to the Kaiser Wilhelm memorial church on the Kurfuerstendamm.
A reporter for the Berliner Morgenpost described a "gruesome scene".
Old 12-19-2016, 03:39 PM
Hero of the Horn

Doesn't necessarily have to be terrorism. It could be just a pissed off person who was just broken up with, who got screwed on a deal at the Christmas market etc. Doesn't require a terrorism angle necessarily.

Sucks that it was likely deliberate.

Old 12-19-2016, 08:30 PM
Ancient

Kimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davian93 View Post
Doesn't necessarily have to be terrorism. It could be just a pissed off person who was just broken up with, who got screwed on a deal at the Christmas market etc. Doesn't require a terrorism angle necessarily.

Sucks that it was likely deliberate.
They still seem to be resisting that designation, and hesitating to make clear the nationality of the suspect, but...

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-38373867

Quote:
Images of the lorry show it was registered in neighbouring Poland and Polish media are suggesting it may have been stolen earlier on Monday.
It is being reported that the dead passenger in the lorry was Polish while the nationality of the suspect under arrest has yet to be confirmed.
Quote:
A British eyewitness, Mike Fox, told The Associated Press at the scene that the large lorry had missed him by only about 3m as it drove into the market, tearing through tables and wooden stands.
"It was definitely deliberate," said the tourist, visiting from Birmingham.
The death toll is up to 12, with 45 injured.

How, and when, the Polish passenger died will be indicative, but calling him a passenger certainly carries the implication that the apprehended suspect was the presumed driver. This certainly smells like terrorism.
Old 12-20-2016, 02:41 PM
Hero of the Horn

Sarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimon View Post
How, and when, the Polish passenger died will be indicative, but calling him a passenger certainly carries the implication that the apprehended suspect was the presumed driver. This certainly smells like terrorism.
Polish passenger was the original driver and the truck's owner's cousin. He was shot to death by the perpetrator. The person they arrested has been released. He seems to be innocent and just match the description of the driver and be in the area.
In other words, no real leads right now...

the Grey Viper, the Lord of Forsaken Roads, the Pink Sunset
Old 12-20-2016, 03:50 PM
Ancient

StrangePackage has a brilliant futureStrangePackage has a brilliant futureStrangePackage has a brilliant futureStrangePackage has a brilliant futureStrangePackage has a brilliant futureStrangePackage has a brilliant futureStrangePackage has a brilliant futureStrangePackage has a brilliant futureStrangePackage has a brilliant futureStrangePackage has a brilliant futureStrangePackage has a brilliant future

I expect a lot better from you guys.

"Russian Ambassador to Turkey should have ducked"

"Russia vows: 'Turkey's goose is cooked' after attack on ambassador"

"Putin cries fowl as ambassador slain in Turkey"

"Russian Hawks have feathers ruffled by Turkey Assassination"

These things fucking write themselves, and here you guys are just moping and predicting a major armed conflict.

"My country, right or wrong," is a thing that no patriot would think of saying except in a desperate case. It is like saying, "My mother, drunk or sober."- G.K. Chesterton

"A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day."- Calvin
Old 12-20-2016, 04:20 PM
Hero of the Horn

Nazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangePackage View Post
I expect a lot better from you guys.

"Russian Ambassador to Turkey should have ducked"

"Russia vows: 'Turkey's goose is cooked' after attack on ambassador"

"Putin cries fowl as ambassador slain in Turkey"

"Russian Hawks have feathers ruffled by Turkey Assassination"

These things fucking write themselves, and here you guys are just moping and predicting a major armed conflict.
Oh SP that's so last year. We are too cool for anything that dated.
Lord Captain Commander of Singing Chipmunks
Master of Nazgul Kitchen
Old 12-20-2016, 06:10 PM
Elder

Rand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazbaque View Post
Oh SP that's so last year. We are too cool for anything that dated.
Been in the negatives or having winds up to 60mph the last week or two...
Old 12-20-2016, 07:10 PM
Ancient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand al'Fain View Post
Been in the negatives or having winds up to 60mph the last week or two...
We had the most ridiculously cold past few days that I think I've ever experienced here in Chicago. Not even accounting for windchill, the high on Sunday was -2, and the low -13 early in the morning on Monday. Apparently with the windchill it was around -30.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...218-story.html

Unfortunately, these kinds of days are why so many Americans don't believe in global warming.
Old 12-20-2016, 07:30 PM
Hero of the Horn

Nazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond repute

Well the name of the phenomenon is misleading. It's a perfectly logical name, but there is a certain type of person who instead of bothering to find out why it is called that jumps to conclusions and thinks cold weather disproves it.
Master of Nazgul Kitchen
Old 12-20-2016, 07:45 PM
Ancient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazbaque View Post
Well the name of the phenomenon is misleading. It's a perfectly logical name, but there is a certain type of person who instead of bothering to find out why it is called that jumps to conclusions and thinks cold weather disproves it.
Unfortunately, some of them end up in the senate...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E0a_60PMR8
Old 12-20-2016, 07:52 PM
Hero of the Horn

Didn't one of them end up as the president? Or more than one?
Master of Nazgul Kitchen
Old 12-20-2016, 08:07 PM
Ancient

It's hard to tell what Trump really believes about anything, as his positions are so fluid. As for the Younger Bush...

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/1...-w-bush-216214

I don't think the Bushes were really deniers so much as too beholden to oil interests. They seem more in the camp of assessing the issue as unfixable and/or a problem for future generations, so fu*k it, let's just keep profiting off the death-throes of the earth crowd. Inhofe (the snowball senator), on the other hand, just seems stupid.
Old 12-20-2016, 08:22 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimon View Post
We had the most ridiculously cold past few days that I think I've ever experienced here in Chicago. Not even accounting for windchill, the high on Sunday was -2, and the low -13 early in the morning on Monday. Apparently with the windchill it was around -30.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...218-story.html

Unfortunately, these kinds of days are why so many Americans don't believe in global warming.
If global warming exists, why is there 6 inches of snow on the ground at my house?

Checkmate, Libtard!!!