art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Non WoT Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 11-17-2016, 06:48 AM
Elder

Daekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond repute
Default New podcast- want to guest?

Hey guys,

I have started a new podcast and was wondering if any of you would like to guest on it someday?

It's called "Best Acquaintances" and is about having Internet friends you never meet in real life but have affection for.

And I love you guys.

If you could give it a listen that would be great and if you'd like to guest, just give me a bell.
My new podcast guys:
https://m.soundcloud.com/user-942157...-111316-237-pm

He just got carried away a bit this time, probably as a result of his marriage-gonzothegreat

Son of Nazbaque, Lord of Fire
Old 11-18-2016, 06:51 AM
Elder

Daekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond repute

No takers? No feedback?

Oh, OK.

*wanders down road as Hulk theme plays*

He just got carried away a bit this time, probably as a result of his marriage-gonzothegreat

Old 11-18-2016, 07:14 AM
Hero of the Horn

Nazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond repute

Don't have a microphone or extra money for one. We could have a written conversation and you'd read it aloud for the podcast, but it's not really the same even if you get someone else to read your guest's lines. I don't stutter and pause nearly as much in writing.
Lord Captain Commander of Singing Chipmunks
Master of Nazgul Kitchen
Old 11-18-2016, 09:53 AM
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazbaque View Post
Don't have a microphone or extra money for one. We could have a written conversation and you'd read it aloud for the podcast, but it's not really the same even if you get someone else to read your guest's lines. I don't stutter and pause nearly as much in writing.
Its cool Naz. It was just an idea anyway.

Old 11-28-2016, 11:27 AM
Hero of the Horn

Mort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Mort

I listened to maybe half first episode and some of episode 2 (mainly the fandom talk).

I liked it! You have a good talk going, things move along pretty smoothly. Not sure if you run by a script and try to track times or anything, but well done.

The one negative I have is the episode length. I usually prefer episodes that run under an hour. 45 minutes is pretty good.

Keep up with interesting guests, a bit shorter episodes and maybe a few recurring themes (memes are pretty good, not sure if it translates well for podcasts though) and I'll be hooked

"I discovered at an early age that if I talk long enough, I can make anything right or wrong. So either I am God, or truth is relative." - Jeff Winger, Community
----------

We rode on the winds of the rising storm, we ran to the sounds of thunder.
We danced among the lighting bolts, and tore the world asunder.

Old 11-30-2016, 05:38 PM
Ancient

Purple Dragon is a glorious beacon of lightPurple Dragon is a glorious beacon of lightPurple Dragon is a glorious beacon of lightPurple Dragon is a glorious beacon of lightPurple Dragon is a glorious beacon of lightPurple Dragon is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekyras View Post
Hey guys,

I have started a new podcast and was wondering if any of you would like to guest on it someday?

It's called "Best Acquaintances" and is about having Internet friends you never meet in real life but have affection for.

And I love you guys.

If you could give it a listen that would be great and if you'd like to guest, just give me a bell.
My new podcast guys:
https://m.soundcloud.com/user-942157...-111316-237-pm
What's the pay? in cookies... just rough ammount
Adopted Big Brother to Birgitte (the lazy git
Adopted Big Brother to Sarafelle - The Brave
Master Asha'man Dragon of Cary the Fairy and T'rubarb
Old 12-06-2016, 04:27 AM
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort View Post
I listened to maybe half first episode and some of episode 2 (mainly the fandom talk).

I liked it! You have a good talk going, things move along pretty smoothly. Not sure if you run by a script and try to track times or anything, but well done.

The one negative I have is the episode length. I usually prefer episodes that run under an hour. 45 minutes is pretty good.

Keep up with interesting guests, a bit shorter episodes and maybe a few recurring themes (memes are pretty good, not sure if it translates well for podcasts though) and I'll be hooked
Thanks Mort!

We are trying to be super casual with it but yeah, the length is pretty tough!

its mostly for fun so we actually record for a good, long time and then edit it down as much as we can while keeping the fun parts of the conversation.

Weird thing is- four episodes in, 2 men, 2 women and the dudes are so low energy in comparison to the ladies. not what I was expecting!

Old 01-14-2017, 06:20 PM
Elder

https://soundcloud.com/user-94215744...with-dan-sousa

This is like the 9th episode of the podcast but its got an interesting guest(Dan Sousa) and some of you might be interested in listening.

Old 01-15-2017, 12:00 PM
Hero of the Horn

Isabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Isabel

Just saw your post Awesome idea, only i haven't listened to it yet.

Come meet us at Jordan con! or come visit Amsterdam1
'Rand al'Thor, Nynaeve shrieked, that is the most outrageous thing I ever heard out of your mouth. The very idea of telling three women you love them! You are worse than a lecher. You apologize right now!'

Isabel sedai of the Green Ajah, Amyrlin of the Official Nynaeve Fanclub, first sister to Gennie Sedai of the Green Ajah, bonded to Camel, Wolf Gaidin, Jachthond and ghostrider.
Old 01-16-2017, 04:16 AM
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabel View Post
Just saw your post Awesome idea, only i haven't listened to it yet.

Come meet us at Jordan con! or come visit Amsterdam1
Thanks Isabel.

Its been an absolute blast. Turns out Internet people are actually not all murderers and hateful racists!!

If you have a listen and have any feedback just let me know. Always trying to improve. This episode starts with some really bad Jason Statham impressions. Woo!

Old 01-17-2017, 06:05 AM
Hero of the Horn

DahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to DahLliA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekyras View Post
Thanks Isabel.

Its been an absolute blast. Turns out Internet people are actually not all murderers and hateful racists!!
What? I think you're on the wrong Internet

"'Profound... huh.' Temper was silent for a long moment, studying the cobbles of the alley mouth. And then he lifted his helmed head, faced Shadowthrone, and said, 'Fuck off.'"