art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > WHEEL OF TIME FORUMS > General Wheel of Time Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 12-20-2016, 02:48 PM
Hero of the Horn

Sarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by klye View Post
Seriously. No info. Not even the NAME of the studio. Whats up there folks?
The option to make something has been sold. Might well be to some large studio sitting on 100s of IP rights that they never use. Just the fact that someone has and option doesn't mean they will make it.
And honestly, I'd rather see it not being done at all than done bad, if those are the option.

And I just realized something: if they want it to be the next Game of Thrones, they'll have to wait for the original to be over, first...

the Grey Viper, the Lord of Forsaken Roads, the Pink Sunset
Old 12-20-2016, 07:46 PM
Hero of the Horn

Nazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarevok View Post
The option to make something has been sold. Might well be to some large studio sitting on 100s of IP rights that they never use. Just the fact that someone has and option doesn't mean they will make it.
And honestly, I'd rather see it not being done at all than done bad, if those are the option.

And I just realized something: if they want it to be the next Game of Thrones, they'll have to wait for the original to be over, first...
Good or bad, popular might mean enough money for a remake in our lifetime. That time around they might fix things that the first was criticised on. Not quite up to my usual standards of cynicism I know, but this sort of thing has happened before.
Lord Captain Commander of Singing Chipmunks
Master of Nazgul Kitchen
Old 12-31-2016, 05:02 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Another rumor in the rumor mill, from this post which laughably used my rumor-mongering as a source. In the comments:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Seel
I have a friend who works for Amazon, and he tells me they were heavily involved in negotiations for the rights to Wheel of Time. Jeff Bezos loved the books and felt that wot would be great for their platform.
Grain of salt, and all.
Old 01-01-2017, 07:58 AM
Youngling

ChrisW has a spectacular aura aboutChrisW has a spectacular aura about

Heh atleast he named you as the source unlike Adam
Old 01-01-2017, 08:05 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
Grain of salt, and all.
Are you trying to imply that Terez isn't dependable?
Old 01-02-2017, 09:33 AM
Youngling

Tomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant future

IF they are going to make it as a tv series I think it's wise to take your time with it and hammer out most of the things that may be difficult to do. Planning how to tackle them right instead of plodding along and adress the problems of this production as they pop up along the way.

I'm sure this is the one project where you want to have thought it through a couple of times before starting mayor production.
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. (Marx)
Old 01-03-2017, 05:02 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTheGreat View Post
Are you trying to imply that Terez isn't dependable?
Well in that case I was talking about the dude who made the comment. I think I am pretty dependable but there's a difference between me being knowledgeable and me talking out of my ass.
Old 03-26-2017, 09:39 PM
Youngling

klye is on a distinguished road
Default And....

...still nothing.

I've been checking every now and then for news. But the lack of an announcement of the studio name is fairly ominous. It is a year yet when they first announced the right were sold to a "large studio"?
Old 03-27-2017, 08:44 PM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by klye View Post
...still nothing.

I've been checking every now and then for news. But the lack of an announcement of the studio name is fairly ominous. It is a year yet when they first announced the right were sold to a "large studio"?
Then just do like the rest of us and ignore it until there is news. Watched pot never boils and all that jazz.
Old 04-01-2017, 11:08 PM
Elder

rand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant future

Finally! Just saw this at TOR:
Quote:
"The wait is officially over! We are happy to announce that HBO has purchased the rights to Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time fantasy series. Filming will reportedly begin in early Spring of 2018, with the first season starting a year later in Spring 2019. While few details about the crew have been released so far, we can confirm that Brandon Sanderson has agreed to help with the project in some capacity, rumored to be dialogue writing. But it's the cast list that really has us excited here at TOR. We'll have to wait a while for the full list to get leaked, but as of now we know of five beloved characters that have already been cast. Moiraine will reportedly be played by Rosanne Barr, while her counterpart Lan will be played by John Goodman april fools. Thom Merriln will be played by a presumably aged-up Adam Sandler, and Andy Serkis will play Padan Fain as a motion capture, CGI figure. And Keith Richards will make a cameo appearance as Aginor. Well, that's all we know for now, but it's certainly enough to get us licking our chops and smoothing our skirts in anticipation! Keep checking in, as more details are sure to flood in in the coming weeks."
Old 04-03-2017, 05:24 PM
Elder

Rand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah, April Fool's can be cruel.
Old 04-04-2017, 04:10 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Are you sure that it wasn't fake news instead?
Old 04-20-2017, 09:27 AM
Youngling

skaywalker is on a distinguished road

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/whee...ny-1202390897/

There's one piece of news.

Last edited by skaywalker; 04-20-2017 at 09:29 AM.
Old 04-20-2017, 11:19 AM
Hero of the Horn

DahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to DahLliA

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaywalker View Post
"Sony will produce along with Red Eagle Entertainment"

That does not inspire confidence. Hopefully Red Eagle is kept as far away as possible.

"'Profound... huh.' Temper was silent for a long moment, studying the cobbles of the alley mouth. And then he lifted his helmed head, faced Shadowthrone, and said, 'Fuck off.'"
Old 04-20-2017, 11:20 AM
Youngling

connabard is just really niceconnabard is just really niceconnabard is just really niceconnabard is just really niceconnabard is just really niceconnabard is just really nice

So did Harriet get the rights back from the people that made that awful, tremendously terrible 10-ish minute video thing? Or what?

Someone ELI5
Old 04-20-2017, 12:39 PM
Elder

rand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant future

Well, let's hope something comes of it, at least. Maybe they're giving out more details at Jordancon? If anyone's interested, this guy is apparently the writer/showrunner.
Old 04-20-2017, 12:43 PM
Hero of the Horn

Infidel has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by connabard View Post
So did Harriet get the rights back from the people that made that awful, tremendously terrible 10-ish minute video thing? Or what?

Someone ELI5
Nope, Red Eagle is the knuckle-dragging outfit that blessed us with the zany "Winter's Dragon."

Sony managed to fuck up Spider Man, repeatedly.

What could possibly go wrong?
Old 04-20-2017, 09:30 PM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

This would probably work best as an Amazon show or a Netflix show...I wonder who they'll try to get to pick it up...network wise that is.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 04-20-2017, 11:17 PM
Youngling

fionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infidel View Post
Wrong Sony. You're thinking of the parent Sony Pictures, which makes movies. Sony Pictures Television makes TV shows. Like Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul. In the Spec. Fic. genre, they've made Outlander, and are making the Dark Tower TV show.

All said, I don't think WoT could have landed a better production house. Now if only Netflix or Amazon pick up the option...
Old 04-21-2017, 12:29 PM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infidel View Post
Nope, Red Eagle is the knuckle-dragging outfit that blessed us with the zany "Winter's Dragon."

What could possibly go wrong?
media's been pretty good as of late. Pickles might be pulled, but I'm not holding my breathe.