art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Non WoT Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 02-18-2017, 02:03 AM
Elder

Rand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
That one wasn't straight from Herms because Herms was in bed. (He lives in Hawaii.) I did a post on r/dbz based on a db-z.com article (French DB site) and I updated it as we got better translators on the scene (namely Herms). That's a big part of what I do on reddit. Mostly it's maintaining spoiler megathreads but last month I started doing manga scanlations too, based on the Herms text translation. We should be getting the new one today or tomorrow.

This video will be about a Super plothole. As for old ones, though, he tripped out over this one.
Nice.
Though, I don't really do reddit. Just the way that forum is setup. May have to keep an eye on it now though.
Old 02-18-2017, 03:22 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand al'Fain View Post
Nice.
Though, I don't really do reddit. Just the way that forum is setup. May have to keep an eye on it now though.
I joined forever ago for a Brandon AMA, but I never really used it before I started watching Super. It just stuck out as one of the best subreddits of that size and a good place to keep up with what was going on. It's a good subreddit because it's very heavily moderated. It's still Reddit, and the discussions aren't often great, but we remove repeat topics and garbage all day long, and do our best to keep the news updated and visible. We pay much better attention attention to Kanzenshuu (the main DB forum/news/research site - basically all the major WoT sites rolled up into one) than the r/wot mods ever paid to the major WoT forums. All the active older mods are much younger than me; the oldest, the headmod, is 25 (not counting one guy whose age I don't know) and the youngest is 18.
Old 02-28-2017, 04:16 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute

al'Fain, just out of curiosity, what did you think about Geekdom's rant video, assuming you even watched it? I gather he lost a lot of fans over it. (In case you're wondering, I think I know him well enough by now to say he lost the link to this thread and will probably never look at it again.) [Also relevant.]
Old 03-06-2017, 11:31 PM
Elder

Rand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
al'Fain, just out of curiosity, what did you think about Geekdom's rant video, assuming you even watched it? I gather he lost a lot of fans over it. (In case you're wondering, I think I know him well enough by now to say he lost the link to this thread and will probably never look at it again.) [Also relevant.]
Not his first rant vid, nor his last. And his sub count is over 200,000 right now (all things considered, not bad). So, I don't think he lost many, if any subscribers.

For those that don't like his personality, they don't subscribe/stay subscribed to him for long. But the rest, well, he does try to be accurate and give credit where it's due. Also helps to have people like MasakoX (TeamFourStar's voice of Goku and Gohan) and Chris Sabat (Funimation's voice for Vegeta and Piccolo).

And he finally did your plothole in a video, and did credit you with it.

And the comments on the video, some are trying to make it work, by making some sort of head canon. Others seem confused as they thought Beerus would be dead already (forgetting that Beerus only died when Babidi and Dabura killed the Supreme Kai).

Here's the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZcPZ4OtUgs&t=214s
Old 03-07-2017, 08:47 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Not his first rant vid, nor his last. And his sub count is over 200,000 right now (all things considered, not bad). So, I don't think he lost many, if any subscribers.

For those that don't like his personality, they don't subscribe/stay subscribed to him for long. But the rest, well, he does try to be accurate and give credit where it's due. Also helps to have people like MasakoX (TeamFourStar's voice of Goku and Gohan) and Chris Sabat (Funimation's voice for Vegeta and Piccolo).

And he finally did your plothole in a video, and did credit you with it.

And the comments on the video, some are trying to make it work, by making some sort of head canon. Others seem confused as they thought Beerus would be dead already (forgetting that Beerus only died when Babidi and Dabura killed the Supreme Kai).

Here's the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZcPZ4OtUgs&t=214s
Yeah I saw it as soon as it came out. People were asking me all day what it was going to be about, but since Geekdom likes to keep things mysterious I wouldn't tell anyone.

I have my own headcanon, which he mentioned in the video, but his take on it is that headcanons can't fix plotholes. I just like to think that, in those other timelines, Goku achieved god power in Otherworld in the same way that Vegeta did; since we know that he hangs out with the gods in Otherworld it doesn't seem like too much of a stretch to me.

He tags me on Twitter with this stuff so I'm starting to accumulate DB followers. I was doing that before he started tagging me but he's speeding up the process quite a bit. Most of my followers are WoT people but I don't know how much attention they're paying to Twitter now that Brandon doesn't really use it anymore, so I'm getting less reluctant to tweet about DB stuff now. For a long time I was avoiding it and just using Twitter to reply to people.

I dove into the YouTube comments on that video a little bit and there are a ton of confused people who don't seem to understand that the problem is that the prophecy happened before the timelines split, and therefore it happened in all timelines. One way to write it off is to say it wasn't a real prophecy, but IMO that's a stretch, especially in Super where the details were so accurate.
Old 05-07-2017, 09:53 PM
Elder

Well now. The rumors that've been circulating for the last week (that I only found out about yesterday) are true;
We're getting a roster shakeup, and it makes sense when you think about it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLd8XYGapw4&t=186s
Old 05-11-2017, 03:09 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Well now. The rumors that've been circulating for the last week (that I only found out about yesterday) are true;
We're getting a roster shakeup, and it makes sense when you think about it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLd8XYGapw4&t=186s
First.

Old 05-11-2017, 09:23 PM
Elder

Quote:
First.

Ah.
Still, though. Interesting news nonetheless. With half the fandom in meltdown mode over it.
Old 05-13-2017, 06:19 AM
Hero of the Horn

First again.

Old 05-14-2017, 09:57 PM
Elder

Quote:
WOW! Frieza pretty much confirmed! Nice job Terez!
Old 06-05-2017, 04:40 PM
Elder

Sonofa...
Now the latest going around is that Frieza is headed off to Universe 4 and Yamcha of all people, who has been retired as a martial artist since the Cell Games, is going to be #10.

Taking Buu out and putting Frieza in? Okay, I can get behind that. Would even make for some interesting interactions between him and the other universe characters.

But this? Ugh. Heard anything on your end to confirm this Terez?