art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Non WoT Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 08-30-2017, 10:00 AM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

There's pretty much zero point to even predict how "something would be in the book" since that book will never been finished. GRRM is 68 years old, lazy as lazy can be, has clearly written himself into a corner and has no way to get out of it and he's literally written one book in 12 years now...a book that was supposedly 80% finished when he published Feast in 2005.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 08-30-2017, 04:29 PM
Hero of the Horn

DahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to DahLliA

Hah. The Arya-Sansa drama might've been even worse than it seemed: http://io9.gizmodo.com/game-of-thron...hat-1798622658

"'Profound... huh.' Temper was silent for a long moment, studying the cobbles of the alley mouth. And then he lifted his helmed head, faced Shadowthrone, and said, 'Fuck off.'"
Old 08-30-2017, 07:52 PM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DahLliA View Post
Hah. The Arya-Sansa drama might've been even worse than it seemed: http://io9.gizmodo.com/game-of-thron...hat-1798622658
Wow...that's awful. It does fall right in with Sansa being the dumbest person on the planet of course but still. That is awful awful writing.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Old 08-30-2017, 08:35 PM
Elder

Rand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davian93 View Post
Wow...that's awful. It does fall right in with Sansa being the dumbest person on the planet of course but still. That is awful awful writing.
Wow. Yeah.
Old 08-30-2017, 08:44 PM
Youngling

fionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant future

Quote:
I don't see how the current setup makes Sansa any less dumb, and Arya even dumber.
Old 08-30-2017, 09:08 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by fionwe1987 View Post
I don't see how the current setup makes Sansa any less dumb, and Arya even dumber.
At least we could have pretended that they were playing him from the start without knowing this. This makes it even dumber.

Old 08-31-2017, 12:29 PM
Elder

Rand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
At least we could have pretended that they were playing him from the start without knowing this. This makes it even dumber.
I honestly have to ask what the writers were thinking when they wrote that scene, let alone filmed it.

Like Stannis's butchered character, do they hate the character of Sansa so much as to make her completely daff? Because at least without that scene, people can easily speculate that Sansa finally set up Baelish and turned the tables on him, using his own game.
Old 08-31-2017, 02:51 PM
Youngling

fionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant future

I swear. They left all these scenes in where Sansa shows her distrust of LF. They should obviously have had her scheming from the beginning, and instead of having those obviously pointless fights between her and Arya, shown her to be working with Yohn Royce and others. If you want to pretend she's taken in, fine. Just have her meet them, say 'i have a problem regarding my sister", then cut away. Let the audience assume she's scheming against Arya, then reveal later that she was actually scheming against LF.

Why they didn't do something so simple is beyond me.
Old 08-31-2017, 03:31 PM
Ancient

Kimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fionwe1987 View Post
I swear. They left all these scenes in where Sansa shows her distrust of LF. They should obviously have had her scheming from the beginning, and instead of having those obviously pointless fights between her and Arya, shown her to be working with Yohn Royce and others. If you want to pretend she's taken in, fine. Just have her meet them, say 'i have a problem regarding my sister", then cut away. Let the audience assume she's scheming against Arya, then reveal later that she was actually scheming against LF.

Why they didn't do something so simple is beyond me.
If nothing else, they should have added a short soliloquy that immediately followed her scene with Littlefinger, the one where he was trying to get her to imagine the worst motivations for Arya's actions. They could have either used it to finally make her do the same openly with regards to Littlefinger, or, if they wanted to make her seem slightly more perceptive, just use it to have her quietly comment to herself after he left the room something along the lines of "Just how stupid do you think I am?".

I think this was the unfortunate result of their cost-saving decision to have Sansa take the place of the fake-Arya as Ramsay's wife. Much of Sansa's growth/training took place in the Vale, scenes that were curtailed so that they could combine her plot with Ramsay's. It meant that she had to continue playing the brainless damsel in distress instead of training with Littlefinger to become the devious, Machiavellian politician in parallel to her sister's assassin training.