art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Non WoT Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 09-09-2017, 11:28 AM
Ancient

Kimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond repute

This seems like one of those times when the dead horse hasn't been beaten anywhere near enough...

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/09/us/pen...ort/index.html

Quote:
McQueary, a one-time Penn State football assistant who became the star witness in the case against Sandusky, told state police in 2011 that he'd visited Paterno on a Saturday morning 10 years earlier to tell him that the previous evening he had witnessed "an extreme sexual act occurring between Sandusky and a young boy" in a football locker room shower, according to the report by Pennsylvania police.
"Paterno, upon hearing the news, sat back in his chair with a dejected look on his face," the report states, adding that McQueary "said Paterno's eyes appeared to well up with tears."
"Then he made the comment to McQueary this was the second complaint of this nature he had received about Sandusky," the report states, citing McQueary's recollection.
Paterno and McQueary had "no discussion of the previous complaint at that time or any other time," the report states.
The police report also notes, again according to McQueary, that Paterno told the young assistant that his wife, Sue Paterno, once had told the head coach that Sandusky's wife, Dottie Sandusky, "told her Jerry doesn't like girls."
McQueary obviously shares some of the blame here, as he obviously should have rushed into that shower and stopped Sandusky. Or at least reported the rape to the police right then in 2001 (instead of 2011) instead of to Cardinal Paterno. But maybe instead of just crying and then sweeping it under the rug, Joe should have actually tried turning his old buddy, Jerry, in to the police, and protected kids from Jerry instead of keep letting Sandusky use Penn State facilities to groom and then rape them.

Still annoys me that the bastard died and thus escaped justice, but hopefully this will at least open up his estate to more financial liability for his culpability. Oh, and good job Penn State hiring another rape enabling sack of shit in James Franklin.
Old 09-09-2017, 12:05 PM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimon View Post
Still annoys me that the bastard died and thus escaped justice, but hopefully this will at least open up his estate to more financial liability for his culpability. Oh, and good job Penn State hiring another rape enabling sack of shit in James Franklin.
Winning brings all kind of forgiveness in this life. One of the worst things about being an atheist is that you don't get the satisfaction that these types get justice in the next.
Old 09-11-2017, 09:50 AM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

This is why they should have plowed under the stadium and salted the earth where it stood...after stringing them all up in the public square as a warning to others.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 10-21-2017, 07:12 PM
Ancient

Kimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond repute

Meanwhile, in some alternate reality wherein the NCAA isn't a corrupt abomination...

https://sports.theonion.com/ncaa-sus...ber-1819737231

Quote:
INDIANAPOLIS—Saying the decision would become effective immediately, The NCAA announced Saturday that it was suspending the Penn State football team another three years after remembering everything they did. “Holy shit, you know what, you guys are definitely getting suspended again for all that shit,” said NCAA President Mark Emmert, revealing that after the entire NCAA board suddenly recalled that high-level people throughout Penn State deliberately protected a child rapist for decades, the program would be banned from playing games until 2020. “I can’t believe we didn’t give you motherfuckers a lifetime ban to begin with. What the hell were we thinking? That’s some seriously fucked-up shit that nobody should ever get away with.” Emmert then added that there would be “no fucking way” the NCAA would hear any appeals from Penn state.
Old 10-21-2017, 10:21 PM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimon View Post
Meanwhile, in some alternate reality wherein the NCAA isn't a corrupt abomination...

https://sports.theonion.com/ncaa-sus...ber-1819737231
I mean, haven't they suffered enough? I mean, sure the victims have had to suffer with this for their entire lives, but...actually, yeah, I can't even finish this sarcastic reply.
Old 10-22-2017, 04:07 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

You should have asked: WWJD?

Matthew|5:38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
Matthew|5:39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
Matthew|5:40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also.
Matthew|5:41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.
Matthew|5:42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.
Matthew|5:43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
Matthew|5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

The NCAA obviously wants to promote Christianity. Do you blame them for that?