art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Non WoT Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 07-31-2017, 07:40 AM
Hero of the Horn

yks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTheGreat View Post
Far less adventuresome this way, though.

When you're done, you can dig a cellar beneath the house. That'd keep you busy, wouldn't it?
I suspect we'll just start from the top again...

Bonded to JWB

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
Old 07-31-2017, 11:13 AM
Elder

Khoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by yks 6nnetu hing View Post
I suspect we'll just start from the top again...
Yeah. The top of the cellar to the bottom.

Life is a dream from which we all must wake before we can dream again.

Al dival, al kiserai, al mashi! - For light, glory, and love!

Carai an manshimaya ayend'an! - Honor of my blade for the fallen.
Old 08-02-2017, 07:01 AM
Hero of the Horn

yks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khoram View Post
Yeah. The top of the cellar to the bottom.
um. Can't, we hit the groundwater/North Sea pretty damn quick

Bonded to JWB

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
Old 08-02-2017, 07:33 AM
Elder

Khoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant future

Quote:
That's rather unfortunate.

Old 08-02-2017, 10:27 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You'll have to wait a bit, then. During the next Ice Age, the water levels will be a lot lower, and then you can dig a proper cellar. Alternatively, you can install a good window in it; but convincing any sharks to swim past at the right moment* would be tricky with the North Sea, I suspect.

* Which Bond movies did that happen in? For some reason I can't remember that right now.
Old 08-03-2017, 10:33 PM
Hero of the Horn

SauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to SauceyBlueConfetti

Quote:
Far less adventuresome this way, though.

When you're done, you can dig a cellar beneath the house. That'd keep you busy, wouldn't it?
I just want to point out there is heat and hot water for bathing at JordanCon
Yeah. Murderous Saucey. My superhero name
I am Detroit. You REALLY wanna call me wimpy?
Haphazardly Spell & Fact Checked Since June 2001
Old 08-03-2017, 11:04 PM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SauceyBlueConfetti View Post
I just want to point out there is heat and hot water for bathing at JordanCon
It's not hot water you need to find in April in Atlanta, it's cold water. I suppose it's better than Vegas in July though.
Old 08-04-2017, 08:59 AM
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowbaneX View Post
It's not hot water you need to find in April in Atlanta, it's cold water. I suppose it's better than Vegas in July though.
Dry heat is so much more bearable, though. When you combine humidity with increased temperatures, that's when you start suffering. Same with dry cold vs humidity in the winter.

Old 08-04-2017, 10:59 AM
Elder

Rand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Dry heat is so much more bearable, though. When you combine humidity with increased temperatures, that's when you start suffering. Same with dry cold vs humidity in the winter.
Toss in elevation, and that just brings up all new problems for those not used to it.
Old 08-04-2017, 11:49 AM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Heat is just bad. Hest with humidity is worse. I'm happy in the 15 to 18C zone.
Old 08-05-2017, 05:19 PM
Elder

Quote:
Heat is just bad. Hest with humidity is worse. I'm happy in the 15 to 18C zone.
Mid- to late-spring is the best time to me. Or early fall.

Old 08-05-2017, 06:14 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Sounds about right...although I guess it depends on which part of the planet you are on.

Last edited by ShadowbaneX; 08-05-2017 at 06:27 PM.
Old 08-06-2017, 03:30 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
When the polar bears return to land, annoyed that their hunting ice is gone. And when the polar bears are really fed up with staying on land and thus get very grumpy, waiting for the new ice to grow strong enough. Exiting times, those.
Old 08-06-2017, 06:08 PM
Elder

Quote:
When the polar bears return to land, annoyed that their hunting ice is gone. And when the polar bears are really fed up with staying on land and thus get very grumpy, waiting for the new ice to grow strong enough. Exiting times, those.
It's why I stay as far south as possible, while still staying in the country, and not going near Toronto.

Old 09-14-2017, 03:32 PM
Hero of the Horn

Hopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant future
Default JordanCon 2018 / Theoryland 20 Years

OK. Who has already purchased their memberships for JCX?

If you haven't done so already, I HIGHLY recommend you get yours before the end of the year. Prices have a nasty habit of going up.

$50 through Dec 31st, 2017
$55 through Mar 25th, 2018
Pre-Registration closes March 25th, 2018
$65 at the door

I really hope to see you all there.

Dapple's Alpha
Guardian Wolf to Zaela Sedai and Packmate to the 'taer clan.
Greeter Emeritus

Training younglings to Howl since 1998

Jordan: I have always thought that the small whimper of a theory as it dies is a beautiful sound.
Old 09-14-2017, 04:25 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopper View Post
OK. Who has already purchased their memberships for JCX?

If you haven't done so already, I HIGHLY recommend you get yours before the end of the year. Prices have a nasty habit of going up.

$50 through Dec 31st, 2017
$55 through Mar 25th, 2018
Pre-Registration closes March 25th, 2018
$65 at the door

I really hope to see you all there.
For the excessively lazy like myself, do you have a link?
Old 09-15-2017, 10:19 AM
Hero of the Horn

Sarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
For the excessively lazy like myself, do you have a link?
http://jordancon.org/membership

the Grey Viper, the Lord of Forsaken Roads, the Pink Sunset
Old 09-26-2017, 09:19 AM
Inbred, Ugly, and Drunk on Corn Liquor

Sei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond repute

So, I'm seeing a lot of replies saying everyone is going to be there. That's good!

I also learned:

GtG swims with North Sea sharks in his cellar, yks doesn't like seep water or the North Sea. SBX enjoys non sweaty heat (although understanding those degreeses makes my head hurt). Thiefy thinks I'm cool. SBC takes sad pics. Polar bears are grumpy only on land. Khoram stays tropical in the dry cold.

What did I miss?

www.buckeyestation.com look at it, love it, share it with your friends!
Old 09-27-2017, 10:56 AM
Hero of the Horn

Ivhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Ivhon Send a message via Yahoo to Ivhon

Im gonna try to make it. Try.

Proud owner of the first post on TL's VBulletin forum (sorry...I had ta )

Greeter Emeritus
Old 09-29-2017, 06:43 AM
Hero of the Horn

Isabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Isabel

yay
'Rand al'Thor, Nynaeve shrieked, that is the most outrageous thing I ever heard out of your mouth. The very idea of telling three women you love them! You are worse than a lecher. You apologize right now!'

Isabel sedai of the Green Ajah, Amyrlin of the Official Nynaeve Fanclub, first sister to Gennie Sedai of the Green Ajah, bonded to Camel, Wolf Gaidin, Jachthond and ghostrider.