art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (1): nbogenrose,

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - Non Wot Discussion Boards > Archived: Non WoT Related Discussion 09/08 - 09/09
User Name
Password

Old 03-11-2009, 07:05 PM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Darwin Strikes Again...BTW Gasoline IS flammable.

A near miss so far but I wouldn't put it past Darwin to come by and finish the job soon.

Man critically burned while removing gas tank

Quote:

A man caught fire yesterday afternoon while removing a car's gas tank in Jessup, leaving himself with serious burns and causing a small brush fire that was quickly extinguished, authorities said.

The incident happened about 4:35 p.m. in the area of Route 175 and Sellner Road, in the Anne Arundel County section of Jessup, according to the county Fire Department. The 33-year-old man, whose name was not released, had been removing the gas tank when he walked away from the vehicle "to warm himself near a barrel that had a fire burning inside," the department said in a statement.

Firefighters believe that vapors from the gasoline ignited, causing the man's clothes to catch fire. The man dropped to the ground and rolled in an attempt to extinguish the fire and, in the process, set fire to brush and grass, authorities said.

A friend called 911 and then drove the victim to Baltimore Washington Medical Center. Firefighters went to the location and extinguished the small brush fire, and then received a call from the hospital notifying them of the burn victim.

The victim, who suffered critical burns over 40 percent of his body, was later transferred to the burn center at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center in Baltimore, the Fire Department said.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 03-12-2009, 08:18 AM
Elder

Strongman has a spectacular aura aboutStrongman has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to Strongman
Default Re:

I removed the gas tank from my jeep on Saturday, no burns but before I wrestled it off, I seriously wanted to put the gas back in and blow it up...lol
Old 03-12-2009, 08:21 AM
Hero of the Horn

Ivhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Ivhon Send a message via Yahoo to Ivhon

Dammit, Dav. When are you going to realize that 40% of the body being burnt does NOT prevent genes from being replicated?!?!?!

Glad they got the brushfire out though. Those things can get out of control like this *snaps fingers*

Proud owner of the first post on TL's VBulletin forum (sorry...I had ta )

Greeter Emeritus
Old 03-12-2009, 08:35 AM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivhon
Dammit, Dav. When are you going to realize that 40% of the body being burnt does NOT prevent genes from being replicated?!?!?!

Glad they got the brushfire out though. Those things can get out of control like this *snaps fingers*
He's in critical condition...give it time.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Old 03-12-2009, 12:19 PM
Hero of the Horn

Sarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongman
I removed the gas tank from my jeep on Saturday, no burns but before I wrestled it off, I seriously wanted to put the gas back in and blow it up...lol
But you didn't stand next to an open fire before taking a shower and putting on clean clothes, I presume?

the Grey Viper, the Lord of Forsaken Roads, the Pink Sunset
Old 03-12-2009, 01:48 PM
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarevok
But you didn't stand next to an open fire before taking a shower and putting on clean clothes, I presume?

Nah - all of the gas was gone due to the 25 or so pinholes in the tank and it was about 80 degrees that day.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:02 PM
Youngling

forsaken soul will become famous soon enough

Speaking of gas tanks, do any of you have suggestions on how to get rust out the tank once its off.

I already got it off, rinsed it out with water but my filter still fills up with rust.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:15 PM
Inbred, Ugly, and Drunk on Corn Liquor

Sei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by forsaken soul
Speaking of gas tanks, do any of you have suggestions on how to get rust out the tank once its off.

I already got it off, rinsed it out with water but my filter still fills up with rust.
Is it on a car or a motorcycle?

On a car, the best thing to do is buy a new tank. They aren't that expensive in the long run. If you want to try to take it off again, try rinsing it with diesel. I don't know if that will work, but since gas and water won't mix and there is air in the tank, then you might be promoting more rusting. My opinion is get a new tank before you ruin your fuel pump (or more) with the rust.

The only time I've ever been even a little bit successful was on a motorcycle tank. We filled the tank with gas and a bunch of nuts and bolts and shook the shit out of it until we got off all the loose rust we could, then we filled it with vinegar and let it sit for a day and then dumped it and let it dry out. Next we used a product called Kreem that is an epoxy type stuff. First there is an acid wash (takes an hour or 3), then you apply the Kreem (takes 48 hours to dry). This basically coats the inside of the tank. My guess is you aren't going to get anywhere doing this on a car tank though. Considering the amount of work and time, it probably would have been a lot easier to buy another tank.

www.buckeyestation.com look at it, love it, share it with your friends!
Old 03-12-2009, 05:22 PM

Sei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongman
Nah - all of the gas was gone due to the 25 or so pinholes in the tank and it was about 80 degrees that day.
When I get my truck, I'm going muddin' with Strongman.

Old 03-12-2009, 06:19 PM
Youngling

it a 69 international pickup truck.
I am not sure how easy it would be to find a new tank that would fit. Thanks for the advice, i have hundreds of hours in already this is just one more thing to take care of.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:02 PM

Quote:
it a 69 international pickup truck.
I am not sure how easy it would be to find a new tank that would fit. Thanks for the advice, i have hundreds of hours in already this is just one more thing to take care of.
Sweet! I bet you could find one a lot easier than you think. Look up some sites for classic vehicles. There are a lot in CA and they are pretty reasonable considering shipping and all. If you can't find one let me know, I have a few contacts around that might be able to help.

Old 03-12-2009, 07:59 PM
Hero of the Horn

The one vehicle I've always wanted is an International Scout...probably never happen though.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davian93
The one vehicle I've always wanted is an International Scout...probably never happen though.
I have a buddy that has two of them. Bastard won't sell though...

Old 03-13-2009, 08:31 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sei'taer
I have a buddy that has two of them. Bastard won't sell though...
Bloody bastard...its near impossible to find one in good working condition up here in NE...great vehicles though.

Old 03-13-2009, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davian93
Bloody bastard...its near impossible to find one in good working condition up here in NE...great vehicles though.

There's a few down here. Most of them have been rebuilt and are in pristine condition. My buddy has one for show and one to use. Another friend has a '50's model Power Wagon. It'll go about 50 mph wide open, but you could pull a building down with it if you wanted to. I always tell him it feels like I'm riding on a wooden park bench with wheels. If you don't have back problems, you will after you ride in that for a while. If I could pick, I'd probably take a '66-'77 Bronco...although I like a lot of those old trucks and jeeps.

Funny thing that I saw happen once. A friend of a friend had an old ragged Ford 4x4. We were all out riding trails and he hung his exhaust on something and ripped it all off. He got in his tool box and got out a drill bit to cut holes for doorknobs, cut holes in his hood, bent the pipes that were left up thru the hole and fired it up. He drove it like that for several years...he may still be driving it that way for all I know. This was in Mississippi where they have different rules for trucks and rednecks.

Old 03-13-2009, 02:02 PM
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sei'taer
When I get my truck, I'm going muddin' with Strongman.

If you do, you will certainly find out if anything is wrong with it. These holes were discovered after my first trip into the woods, and my brand new starter went out, and my brand new clutch cable is jacked up.....lol
Old 03-14-2009, 11:10 PM
Youngling

Sweet! I bet you could find one a lot easier than you think. Look up some sites for classic vehicles. There are a lot in CA and they are pretty reasonable considering shipping and all. If you can't find one let me know, I have a few contacts around that might be able to help.

i got burned out a few months ago, and appreciate the offer.
I will try to find one myself before asking.
It's my first complete restoration, or really my first anything automotive.
Damn carburetor's.

i have serched the internet for my truck but have yet to find it anywhere.(which is awesome) . i am not even sure what to call it.
Old 03-15-2009, 12:06 AM

Quote:
i got burned out a few months ago, and appreciate the offer.
I will try to find one myself before asking.
It's my first complete restoration, or really my first anything automotive.
Damn carburetor's.

i have serched the internet for my truck but have yet to find it anywhere.(which is awesome) . i am not even sure what to call it.
I knew a guy several years ago that had an old Willys jeep and he had to have a new tank for it. They were really expoensive though, so he made a tank out of a beer keg...lol. God I know some redneck fuckers.

Might just go to a mechanic shop and ask if they have a process for getting rust out of it. I probably should have mentioned that first. Good luck with it...I'd really like to see pictures when you get done.

Old 03-15-2009, 12:13 AM
Youngling

Wish i took pic's before i started.

Tags
darwin