art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Hey New Users of Theoryland!
User Name
Password

Old 04-03-2009, 03:41 PM
Elder

irerancincpkc is just really niceirerancincpkc is just really niceirerancincpkc is just really niceirerancincpkc is just really niceirerancincpkc is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brita
I am always looking for other Oblivion fans...
Raises hand and stands up as far as the desk will allow.
Old 04-03-2009, 03:53 PM
Hero of the Horn

Brita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond repute

Oooh- so we have:

Me
Naz
Anaiya
Spammer
Ozy is hooked now (probably why he's MIA )

What kind of character do you play Spammer?

And Anaiya too- I don't think I asked you.

I don't have to agree with you to like you or respect you. ― Anthony Bourdain
Old 04-03-2009, 04:22 PM
Elder

irerancincpkc is just really niceirerancincpkc is just really niceirerancincpkc is just really niceirerancincpkc is just really niceirerancincpkc is just really nice

In Morrowind and Oblivion I have been a Redguard. If you cut me open right now, I would bleed Redguard blood...
Old 04-03-2009, 07:56 PM
Hero of the Horn

Brita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond repute

heheh

Morrowind and Oblivion I was a Wood Elf archer. But right now I am a High Elf mage. I just completed the game with her, so I might do a third- perhaps a Red Guard- I want to be a warrior this time.

Old 04-03-2009, 10:21 PM
Elder

I went through Morrowind once as a Nord, and I'm going through Oblivion again with an Orc... but the Redguard is where my heart truly lies. I'll go on Morrowind just to pick mushrooms and such, as I believe I have beaten everything. I assume you've done the expansion packs for both?
Old 04-03-2009, 10:57 PM
Hero of the Horn

Belazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Belazamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutFoxed
The other theory site I came from, the one closing soon, has some very good theory ideas they've posted, some of which are so good they'e been used as references for other ideas. When that site closes, most of those will probably disppear into the vaporware lost-and-found, and to me that would be a shame.
Hey, Fox, welcome to Theoryland. If you ever venture over to OF at wotmania, you might know me better as Craig. Don't worry too much about the Theory Post, I can promise you some folks are working very hard to make sure none of it disappears.

Anyway, these guys are pretty alright.

No one cares, no one sympathizes
You just stand around and play synthesizers
Old 04-04-2009, 12:09 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by irerancincpkc
I went through Morrowind once as a Nord, and I'm going through Oblivion again with an Orc... but the Redguard is where my heart truly lies. I'll go on Morrowind just to pick mushrooms and such, as I believe I have beaten everything. I assume you've done the expansion packs for both?
yep- done and conquered. I can't wait for the next game, but there isn't even a rumour yet of the next Elder Scrolls release

Right now I am decorating my house in Skingrad....and performing random assassinations as requested by the Night Mother of course.

Old 04-04-2009, 04:56 AM
Hero of the Horn

Sarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to behold

I have Morrowind, but somehow I never figured it out... like with the mushrooms and stuff. There's no way to find out what it does for you...

the Grey Viper, the Lord of Forsaken Roads, the Pink Sunset
Old 04-04-2009, 08:37 PM
Hero of the Horn

Nazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond repute

Raising your alchemy skill reveals what the ingredients are good for. You can buy training from Ajira in Balmora Mage's Guild or just collect salt rise, marshmarrow, cork bulp and (can't remember the plants name but lots of it grows in the north eastern parts of the island) mixing any two of these together makes good restore health potions and it is fairly easy to get large ammounts of all four.
Lord Captain Commander of Singing Chipmunks
Master of Nazgul Kitchen
Old 04-05-2009, 04:16 PM
Ancient

Ozymandias is a name known to allOzymandias is a name known to allOzymandias is a name known to allOzymandias is a name known to allOzymandias is a name known to allOzymandias is a name known to allOzymandias is a name known to allOzymandias is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazbaque
Raising your alchemy skill reveals what the ingredients are good for. You can buy training from Ajira in Balmora Mage's Guild or just collect salt rise, marshmarrow, cork bulp and (can't remember the plants name but lots of it grows in the north eastern parts of the island) mixing any two of these together makes good restore health potions and it is fairly easy to get large ammounts of all four.
I have to give up Oblivion for a few weeks, as its almost exams/heavy-drinking-springtime time.

However, my only complaint with the game is its ridiculous ease. I am a level 6 blade mage who can easily kill the entire Imperial city without breaking a sweat. Hardly seems fair. If every NPC in the game came running at me, I'm about 45% certain I could kill them all without dying.

That said, I understand its a plot-oriented game meant to further the story, and make you solve little riddles and do things like sneaking around in order to finish it optimally.

I really, really, REALLY liked the whodunit quest for the Dark Brotherhood storyline. Not to ruin it for anyone, but when you say to the woman "I'm an assassin here to kill you all," and she laughs... well, I almost pissed myself.

But there has to be SOMETHING wrong with a level 3 character becoming the Listener of the Black Hand, right?

Last edited by Ozymandias; 04-05-2009 at 04:20 PM.
Old 04-05-2009, 04:51 PM
Hero of the Horn

Nazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond repute

Have you checked your difficulty setting. It might be set so that you do six times normal level damage. I tried the hardest setting once and a bleedin scamp kicked my butt. granted I didn't have any potions and very poor equipment but still.
Lord Captain Commander of Singing Chipmunks
Master of Nazgul Kitchen
Old 04-05-2009, 04:58 PM
Ancient

Ozymandias is a name known to allOzymandias is a name known to allOzymandias is a name known to allOzymandias is a name known to allOzymandias is a name known to allOzymandias is a name known to allOzymandias is a name known to allOzymandias is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazbaque
Have you checked your difficulty setting. It might be set so that you do six times normal level damage. I tried the hardest setting once and a bleedin scamp kicked my butt. granted I didn't have any potions and very poor equipment but still.
I thought there might have been a difficulty setting, but I've been too lazy to look for it. There was no other explanation for the ridiculous ease of the game.

Its gotten to the point where it almost wasn't fun, because it was just "run into cave, grab item, fast travel, find something else to do"

I'm actually running out of quests to do because I finish them so fast, and certain ones have level requirements.

But this sounds like an adequate solution