art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Conventions > JordanCon 2009
User Name
Password

Old 10-28-2008, 12:16 PM
Lord of the Board

Tamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Tamyrlin
Default Note from The Hard Working Lazy Ass

So Everyone,

I realize how difficult it is to make it to these events. However, this type of opportunity provides a great excuse for me to meet up with as many of you as possible. Seriously, I enjoy meeting those of you that I've only known by internet username. Of course, I'm not offended that meeting Jordan's wife, the new author, or anyone else in attendance is the reason you would attend, instead of meeting up with me, but I'd like to get together as many Theorylanders as possible and make a good showing.

You should know that I still enjoy talking about Asmodean, so don't bring it up if you don't want me to waste three hours of your time badgering you about Asmodean's killer.

So - at least consider it and expect me to bring this event up over and over again.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:01 PM
Hero of the Horn

JSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to JSUCamel Send a message via MSN to JSUCamel Send a message via Yahoo to JSUCamel

Quote:
You should know that I still enjoy talking about Asmodean, so don't bring it up if you don't want me to waste three hours of your time badgering you about Asmodean's killer.
For the love of Pete, please don't bring it up.

"Nice try, Jack!" - Robert Jordan (to Camel)
"Camel must be the coolest TLer ever, by now." -GLotD

A grilled cheese eaten more than five minutes later is just no good. -Crispin

Old 10-28-2008, 02:21 PM
Hero of the Horn

Gilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond repute

That's all he talked about this summer.

By: Steampunk Boba Fett
Old 01-03-2009, 03:28 PM
Hero of the Horn

jason wolfbrother has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to jason wolfbrother Send a message via MSN to jason wolfbrother Send a message via Yahoo to jason wolfbrother

I still refuse to take the blame for that Gil

Wash:"Things are about to get interesting"
Mal:"Define interesting..."
Wash:"Oh God! Oh God! We're all gonna die!?"

"If you are not living life on the edge, you are taking up too much space"
Old 03-15-2009, 10:05 PM
Hero of the Horn

Sodas has a spectacular aura aboutSodas has a spectacular aura aboutSodas has a spectacular aura about

Lol. I think that's my fault alittle bit ....

Mazrim Taim drew the eye. He was tall, with a strongly hooked nose and an air of physical strength about him. An air of darkness, too. He sat there with his ankles crossed and one arm hanging over the heavy arm of the throne, yet he seemed ready to explode into violence. Interestingly, though his black coat was embroidered with blue-and-gold dragons that twined around the sleeves from elbows to cuffs, he did not wear the collar pins.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:46 AM
Hero of the Horn

Gilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond repute

How? Did you attend the BBQ incognito?

By: Steampunk Boba Fett
Old 03-18-2009, 12:07 PM
Ancient

Ozymandias is a name known to allOzymandias is a name known to allOzymandias is a name known to allOzymandias is a name known to allOzymandias is a name known to allOzymandias is a name known to allOzymandias is a name known to allOzymandias is a name known to all

Will we ever have a TL event in the general northeast area? Maybe in the NY-Philly-DC corridor?
Old 03-18-2009, 01:15 PM
Hero of the Horn

WinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to WinespringBrother

Last summer, we had a mini meet in Connecticut, with Zaela, Ethan and Isabel. And of course we can meet the next time Brandon stops in NY on whatever tour he does next (probably AMOL, unless he tours for another of his books coming out this year).

"Oh, y'all [Theorylanders] are awesome with awesome sauce, but you ask a lot of tricky questions. I had to watch myself with you guys." - Maria

"I need to RAFO more things, I'm not being very Robert Jordan..." - Brandon
Old 03-21-2009, 10:41 PM
Hero of the Horn

Sodas has a spectacular aura aboutSodas has a spectacular aura aboutSodas has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilshalos Sedai
How? Did you attend the BBQ incognito?
No, the perpetual talk about Asmodean I do remember a few such 3hr chat conversations with Tam on the subject.

Mazrim Taim drew the eye. He was tall, with a strongly hooked nose and an air of physical strength about him. An air of darkness, too. He sat there with his ankles crossed and one arm hanging over the heavy arm of the throne, yet he seemed ready to explode into violence. Interestingly, though his black coat was embroidered with blue-and-gold dragons that twined around the sleeves from elbows to cuffs, he did not wear the collar pins.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:09 PM
Hero of the Horn

Eclipse is just really niceEclipse is just really niceEclipse is just really niceEclipse is just really nice
Default wait wait wait!

I was the reason we kept talking about Asmodean LOL

i take great pleasure in bringing the topic up, and even though Jordan directly denied Fain, he's still the most probable and logical

i'm still dubious about any conclusions to Mat Pawn (as gigante as that topic should be), but i'm borderline depressed about my TAR Pocket theory. i can't imagine Jordan took even a second of his precious time left to tell sanderson about it. it would seem trivial compared to everything left needing to be explained and fleshed out.

but here's my chance. if i get a shot at a question (if my BAT even lets me go and attend for that matter) for sanderson, i'll let majority (of us hcff that is) decide if they'd rather know more about Mat Pawn, or the TAR Pocket. i find both theories to be rather brilliant... , but i'm a democratic individual, and personally, one's as good as the other.

for the rest of us attending (fingers crossed), expect some more Asmodean jousting.

- Two car bombs killed 41 people in a Baghdad commercial district. Thatís not a headline, itís part of a word question from the Iraqi SATs!

Last edited by Eclipse; 04-05-2009 at 08:22 PM.
Old 04-05-2009, 02:27 PM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Why not ask: "is Mat He Who Comes With The Dawn"? After all, master Cauthon did come from Rhuidean at the right time of the day.
Old 05-19-2009, 01:47 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
I was the reason we kept talking about Asmodean LOL

i take great pleasure in bringing the topic up, and even though Jordan directly denied Fain, he's still the most probable and logical

i'm still dubious about any conclusions to Mat Pawn (as gigante as that topic should be), but i'm borderline depressed about my TAR Pocket theory. i can't imagine Jordan took even a second of his precious time left to tell sanderson about it. it would seem trivial compared to everything left needing to be explained and fleshed out.

but here's my chance. if i get a shot at a question (if my BAT even lets me go and attend for that matter) for sanderson, i'll let majority (of us hcff that is) decide if they'd rather know more about Mat Pawn, or the TAR Pocket. i find both theories to be rather brilliant... , but i'm a democratic individual, and personally, one's as good as the other.

for the rest of us attending (fingers crossed), expect some more Asmodean jousting.
TAR pocket is brilliant. The other? not so much. lol.