art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - WoT Discussion Boards > Archived: General Wheel of Time Discussion - 05/2008 - 03/2012
User Name
Password

Old 08-18-2009, 07:24 PM
Elder

greatwolf will become famous soon enoughgreatwolf will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TtD
Setalle Anan had plenty of exposure to Seanchan during the months she was running her inn. Not to mention the fact inns are great sources of information, she would have heard plenty of gossip, rumors, and facts from Seanchan and non-Seanchan alike
I distinctly remember the wandering woman was filled seanchan top brass. Are you suggesting that the brass types were gossiping about DoNM who was under the veil not only in public but in the presence of non seanchan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TtD
Sure, from his pov she was his future wife. But she also was a prisoner/hostage
All three? Gosh, you're not delibrately confusing things now by any chance?

Quote:
The fact that the AS don't know what the DoNM means is irrelevant to this discussion. For this discussion, they absolutely DO NOT need to know that the DoNM is the heir to the throne

Quote:
Originally Posted by TtD
So. Did Teslyn and Edesina simply forget that they heard Tuon being called the Daughter of the Nine Moons not once but twice? And if they didn't forget, what do they think that title means? That she is the daughter of a fisherman? Not to mention the circumstances in which all of that happened. It was obvious to anybody that Tuon was a VERY high-standing person. Even a dense person would have to believe she was at least a High Lady of some sort.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:33 PM
Elder

Toss the dice is a glorious beacon of lightToss the dice is a glorious beacon of lightToss the dice is a glorious beacon of lightToss the dice is a glorious beacon of lightToss the dice is a glorious beacon of lightToss the dice is a glorious beacon of lightToss the dice is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatwolf
I distinctly remember the wandering woman was filled seanchan top brass. Are you suggesting that the brass types were gossiping about DoNM who was under the veil not only in public but in the presence of non seanchan?
I mentioned nothing regarding the DoNM. You can't even stay on topic when you're directly responding to my quotes.

Quote:
All three? Gosh, you're not delibrately confusing things now by any chance?
Try all two. Hence the slash between hostage and prisoner. That signifies that they are basically one and the same. I think part of the confusion is that you are thinking along the lines of hostages in movies where they use them to get ransom or something else similar. Mat had no intention of using Tuon as a hostage for money. But he did have every intention of using her as a hostage to "keep our heads attached," get away safely, that sort of thing.

I have never seen someone dig holes as deep as you or quite as fantastically. This is simple truth. I have no more wish to waste my time beating my head against a brick wall for no reason, so you will get no more replies from me in this thread.

If you want to take this for you somehow winning the argument, that's fine with me.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:16 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I distinctly remember the wandering woman was filled seanchan top brass.
In that case, you distinctly remember wrong. The top brass was stationed in the palace, the almost-but-not-quite top brass was stationed in the inns close to the palace (of which the Wandering Woman was one), the still lower ranking ones were farther away.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:59 AM
Hero of the Horn

Enigma will become famous soon enoughEnigma will become famous soon enough

My memory of the event was that ther were a lot of generals and the like at the inn as it was close to the palace. You might say that there were other officers who were higher in the chain of command in the palace but the ones in the inn were pretty high ranking.

Some of the officers were almost working from the inn at time so they would have had lower officers such as captains comming and going with reports to them.

The higher ups might know to guard their tongues more than the common soldiers but I would have though that she would have picked up some information.

Are we sure in fact that the inn keeper did not know that Tuon was important. I don't recall her ever saying anything one way or another and she seemed pretty neutral on the whole Tuon v Aes Sedai. Tuon enjoyed her company and while they were not close friends they were becoming friendly.
Old 08-21-2009, 12:14 AM
Elder

greatwolf will become famous soon enoughgreatwolf will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma
My memory of the event was that ther were a lot of generals and the like at the inn as it was close to the palace
Not just a lot, suroth practically ran there when she heard the news of an army vanishing. I suppose Tuon might have been on the way there as well before she decided to take a romantic outing with mat instead.

I would have given you the quote Enigma (its in what the aelfin said, book nine)but i don't have them here at the office.

E :
Quote:
Tuon enjoyed her company and while they were not close friends they were becoming friendly

and how much of that is just the natural kinship between two people who can channel?

Last edited by greatwolf; 08-21-2009 at 12:24 AM.

Tags
errors, tuon