art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - Non Wot Discussion Boards > Archived: Non WoT Related Discussion 09/08 - 09/09
User Name
Password

Old 08-19-2009, 12:55 PM
Hero of the Horn

JSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to JSUCamel Send a message via MSN to JSUCamel Send a message via Yahoo to JSUCamel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davian93
Yeah, I guess it would be hard to see that Commie wearing red if one cannot distinguish the color red from the rest of the visible light spectrum....thus making it quite difficult to put a bullet in his head.
Because, you know.. Commies wear bright red in combat.

"Nice try, Jack!" - Robert Jordan (to Camel)
"Camel must be the coolest TLer ever, by now." -GLotD

A grilled cheese eaten more than five minutes later is just no good. -Crispin

Old 08-19-2009, 01:03 PM
Hero of the Horn

Gilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond repute

It's also a really dumb test. It's hard for even a person with 100% color vision to take, especially if you're not 20/20.

By: Steampunk Boba Fett
Old 08-19-2009, 01:03 PM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSUCamel
Because, you know.. Commies wear bright red in combat.
Hey, I didn't write the cadence....

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 08-19-2009, 04:30 PM
Inbred, Ugly, and Drunk on Corn Liquor

Sei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSUCamel
You mean the plan you get through work? or Medicare? or what? I thought the whole point of this proposal was to create a "public healthcare plan" because one doesn't exist. I'm not sure what you're referring to here. Clarify, please?
Yes, she was denied medicare and medicaid. She was denied 3 times. Then she was denied after I hired one of those companies that will get you medicare, or you don't have to pay them. I don't remember the exact quote for her denial, but it basically came down to her sustainability and life expectancy. Also, the fact that she was denied social security didn't help either. All of it played together. If I can, I'll try to find the papers and put it on here. I thought I was over it, then all of this came up.

www.buckeyestation.com look at it, love it, share it with your friends!
Old 08-19-2009, 04:33 PM
Hero of the Horn

JSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to JSUCamel Send a message via MSN to JSUCamel Send a message via Yahoo to JSUCamel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sei'taer
Yes, she was denied medicare and medicaid. She was denied 3 times. Then she was denied after I hired one of those companies that will get you medicare, or you don't have to pay them. I don't remember the exact quote for her denial, but it basically came down to her sustainability and life expectancy. Also, the fact that she was denied social security didn't help either. All of it played together. If I can, I'll try to find the papers and put it on here. I thought I was over it, then all of this came up.
Yikes. Have you looked into the high-risk insurance pools? I don't know if TN has one, but I know IL has one. It's for people who are otherwise uninsurable.. usually limited to a certain number of participants (I believe IL's is something like 10,000 people).

I'm sure you've looked everywhere, just offering some ideas that I've run into while trying to develop plans B, C, D, E and F, in case the shit hits the fan.

Old 08-19-2009, 05:14 PM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Have you looked into suing the Fed. gov't? (directed to Taer)

That's complete Bullshite!

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Old 08-19-2009, 08:11 PM
Hero of the Horn

Sinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Sinistrum

They can only sue the government if the government has allowed suit. I don't remember off the top of my head if suits are allowed based upon denial of medicaid/medicare coverage. Sovereign Immunity is kind of a bitch like that. And just think, we can have our entire health care system subject to sort of thing.

People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome. - River Tam
Old 08-19-2009, 10:15 PM
Inbred, Ugly, and Drunk on Corn Liquor

Sei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davian93
Have you looked into suing the Fed. gov't? (directed to Taer)

That's complete Bullshite!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
These were lawyer types...

You can only ask for covereage to be extended to you. You can't sue for coverage.

www.buckeyestation.com look at it, love it, share it with your friends!
Old 08-20-2009, 06:58 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sei'taer
These were lawyer types...

You can only ask for covereage to be extended to you. You can't sue for coverage.
Ahh...sorry I missed that part. Well, I read it but didn't comprehend I suppose.

Old 08-20-2009, 08:23 AM
Ancient

Zanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant future

I passed my color blind test but i failed my depth perception test. The only thing i couldnt be was a pilot. They gave me a choice between a lot of things that they needed and I chose weather. Though it was a close toss up between that and ATC, and R&D.
the only Z

fairy dust for sale 8.99 per vial

"YES!" - Cary Sedai

"Perhaps science,... [is] simply magic with delusions of lack of grandeur." -Peter David, Restoration

The Greatest Thread
Old 08-20-2009, 09:54 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanguini
I passed my color blind test but i failed my depth perception test. The only thing i couldnt be was a pilot. They gave me a choice between a lot of things that they needed and I chose weather. Though it was a close toss up between that and ATC, and R&D.
R & D would have been a fun choice (if its Research/Development and not something else). I worked as a civilian for AFMC and all the AF guys that worked in the office absolutely loved their jobs. Though it was so far from real military that they were basically civilians that wore BDU's or flight suits. Got to work with a bunch of fighter pilots too as a result of that and fighter pilots are honestly the coolest military people to ever hang around with.

Old 08-20-2009, 03:43 PM
Ancient

Zanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant future

Pilots are asses.
the only Z

fairy dust for sale 8.99 per vial

"YES!" - Cary Sedai

"Perhaps science,... [is] simply magic with delusions of lack of grandeur." -Peter David, Restoration

The Greatest Thread
Old 08-20-2009, 03:49 PM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, asses, aces, more or less the same thing.
Old 08-20-2009, 04:40 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Pilots are asses.
Not when you don't work for them...when you're a civilian, they're pretty cool.

Old 08-21-2009, 06:20 PM
Hero of the Horn

Birgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Birgitte Send a message via MSN to Birgitte

Quote:
Pilots are asses.

No offense, Sare.

General of the Northern Border, Hero of Krieros Valley, the Coffinnail
Queen of the TCA

"Sometimes I sit around... watching chat... and thinking...sh*t... I created this madness." -- Lord of the Board
Old 08-22-2009, 02:05 PM
Hero of the Horn

Old 08-22-2009, 03:19 PM
Hero of the Horn

Belazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Belazamon

Congress Deadlocked Over How Not To Provide Health Care

No one cares, no one sympathizes
You just stand around and play synthesizers

Tags
health care