art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - Non Wot Discussion Boards > Archived: Non WoT Related Discussion 09/08 - 09/09
User Name
Password

Old 08-31-2009, 09:28 AM
Hero of the Horn

Sarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DahLliA
oh and if you like story, but still wanna play an mmo: This is much better than Star Trek ever will be

/hide
*kicks Dahl*
*pre-emptively kicks PD*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanguini
I have my doubts about star trek mmos since the first one.
What first one?

the Grey Viper, the Lord of Forsaken Roads, the Pink Sunset
Old 08-31-2009, 10:24 PM
Elder

RogueSavior is a glorious beacon of lightRogueSavior is a glorious beacon of lightRogueSavior is a glorious beacon of lightRogueSavior is a glorious beacon of lightRogueSavior is a glorious beacon of lightRogueSavior is a glorious beacon of lightRogueSavior is a glorious beacon of light

I'm Alliance on Thunderlords and Thunderhorn... but I'm going back to Guild Wars in preparation for how awesome Guild Wars 2 looks. to me.
and you were tasty!-Brita
That was fabulous m'dear
-Zaela
Hero of Theoryland
Old 08-31-2009, 10:31 PM
Hero of the Horn

Dragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Dragon Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueSavior
I'm Alliance on Thunderlords and Thunderhorn.
Alliance. You sir, are a freakin failure. That'll be all. Carry on.

FOR THE HORDE!
Old 09-01-2009, 03:54 PM
Elder

psychomusician has a spectacular aura aboutpsychomusician has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to psychomusician

somebody needs to roll a horde on ner'zhul, i need more people to play with. i've got a 45 mage, and a 20 pally right now.

what i find weird is people who are avid gamers that always trash that game and think less of me for playing it. i pointed out to someone who was doing that that he's spent just as much playing other video games in the past, devoting months and months to 100% completion runs. the only difference here is that its a really long game.

Old 09-01-2009, 04:05 PM
Hero of the Horn

Gilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond repute

I don't like the animation and the $15/month per account. Since Bryan and I game together, that would get expensive, fast.

By: Steampunk Boba Fett
Old 09-01-2009, 04:56 PM
Hero of the Horn

Dragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Dragon Thief

You're right, Gil. It's why I played GW before WoW - I had refused to pay monthly fees just to game. Enough of my RL friends were on and enough nagged me to play the trial that I finally did, and I realized how much fun I could have with my friends.

I can't honestly justify $15 a month to play a game. I can justify $15 a month that lets me hang out with my friends a whole lot more than any other activity. I can also justify that if wow occupies enough of my 'down time', there's less chances that I'll be buying 10 books a month (as opposed to the 4 or so I do now while playing wow) and don't rent as many movies, go to the theaters, etc.

In that light, it's a damned bargain. But it really does depend on a person to person basis. If you (the general you) are the type of person who doesn't play it that much, or don't have friends that play it a lot, or even if the first two are true but you spend enough money on outside entertainment (or just don't have the money to spend) then even as a hardcore wow fan I'd say it's probably not the game for you.

As to the graphics - I'll take solid gameplay over graphics 19 times out of 20. I've never seen any other game anywhere near the depth of WoW - story, mechanics, features, etc. There's lots of stuff it doesn't have when you compare it to other games, but overall, it has more than any other game I've played.

Plus, the graphics are lower-end for a reason, even despite the age of the game (~5 years now). Blizzard is all about letting as many people play as possible - they don't want more stringent hardware requirements that would prevent casual gamers (who are the majority of players) from enjoying the game.

And by enjoying the game, I mean let Blizzard fight money-bag pillow fights with Nintendo.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:47 PM
Ancient

Zanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant future

Ive always thought that everquest was as deep as wow but with deeper mechanics... wow to me is more streamlined than what everquest was.
the only Z

fairy dust for sale 8.99 per vial

"YES!" - Cary Sedai

"Perhaps science,... [is] simply magic with delusions of lack of grandeur." -Peter David, Restoration

The Greatest Thread