art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (1): ShadowbaneX,

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - WoT Discussion Boards > Archived: General Wheel of Time Discussion - 05/2008 - 03/2012
User Name
Password

Old 10-08-2009, 09:23 PM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

GL!! Damn good to see you back my friend! How've you been? Where've you been? And please tell me you've had more loonie theories then just this in the past three years!
Old 10-08-2009, 09:24 PM
Youngling

zel is an unknown quantity at this point

But we didn't know about Moridin when Asmo was killed. Didn't RJ say the killer was obvious? Obviously it wasn't obviously obvious. Obviously.

huh?
Old 10-08-2009, 09:30 PM
Hero of the Horn

Matoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by zel
But we didn't know about Moridin when Asmo was killed. Didn't RJ say the killer was obvious? Obviously it wasn't obviously obvious. Obviously.

huh?
Exa-ka-tally, mi amigo. I am almost positive RJ was just screwing us around with that intuitively obvious carp. Then again, he might not have been. Either way, it's a RAFO for sure. Also, I'm 100% positive that he is laughing at us all even now.

Side-note: If the zombie apocalypse comes, I am curious if we would be able to get RJ to comment on Sanderson's releases...

[Gawyn] probably pops his collar. - Kivo
Mat's hat is a Darkfriend. - Daekyras
Old 10-08-2009, 10:06 PM
Hero of the Horn

4Alethinos will become famous soon enough4Alethinos will become famous soon enough

Snicker, snort, giggle, etc.

Great to see you back O GLotD. It is also good to see that your sense of humor is as good as ever. I took a small hiatus myself, but I am not sure that anyone noticed.

You are of course pulling our chains and getting some amusing feedback for your inventiveness.

The chances of your being correct are about as good as those who held that Fain was a godd candidate.

WELCOME BACK!

"One must give a horse its head from time to time so as not to break its spirit."
Old 10-08-2009, 10:14 PM
Elder

FelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matoyak
Huh...I dun remember joining that faction.
Your right not to remember joining any faction I created, because I haven't ever joined nor created a formal faction ever on Theoryland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matoyak
Been long enough I have forgotten all the evidence for or against Verin...All the "evidence" not posted by Felix that is... And when will the main page/faction page be updated to match our correct ranks?
Okay dokey, I'll try to pull everything together for a mega-Verin-meets-WoT theory posting before tGS is released. Here's the latest Verin tidbits....Of course Announa and Verin are in cahoots too, as even Perrin made the literal comparison of Announa, Verin in Cairhien the first time he met Announa in the Sun Throne room. This also explains why Announa met Masema privately without telling Berelain, Perrin, the six Wise Ones nor the other two Aes Sedai in Perrin's little army around Malden. Yes, I do believe Announa did have a role in Masema's later behavior, Aram's assassination attempt on Perrin in Malden (not commanded by Verin). Announa is a Black Ajah, just as Verin is!

Regarding who killed Asmo, I tilt towards the majority opinion for once: Faction: Graendal killed Asmodean

Graendal at least had a motive, an opportunity, and even Moghedien knew she was plotting with Rahvin among others in Caemlyn.

Does the faction system work now? As I distinctly remember it not working at all multiple times in the past when I attempted to create and/or join a faction.

GlotD, why couldn't of Shaidar Haran of killed Asmo say, instead of Moridin given your "evidence"? At least then one could say the Dark One literally killed Asmo. Of course, I have no evidence that was the case either, not one bit. But you could dress up the Shaidar Haran killed Asmodean theory, far better better than I. Plus, it would go along with your own alias for brownie points!

For more see, @TinkerPride at Twitter.com

Last edited by FelixPax; 10-08-2009 at 10:50 PM.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:49 AM
Hero of the Horn

Matoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of light

Sorry buddy old pal Felix, I wasn't talking to you about the faction thing

Also, I have issues with most of your Verin theories because so many seem unfounded...and to be honest, if someone back when Callie was still posting managed to convince me of Verin =/= Black Ajah, chances are I will still believe that if they bring the same arguments again.

But feel free to try

Old 10-09-2009, 11:51 PM
Hero of the Horn

Frenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Frenzy Send a message via Yahoo to Frenzy

oh, they noticed 4A. i got a few messages asking if i finally did you in or something.

"How the hell do you Godwin a thread with CUCUMBERS!!?" -- Tru

"I love cucumber prawn... " -- Ivhon

"Have to catch me first. Scared shitless always outruns mad as hell." -- Sinistrum

"Some days I'm happy Frenzy doesn't live next door." -- Tamyrlin

"So Frenzy is a scientist then?" -- Davian
"Well duh. An Evil scientist. " -- Khoram
Old 10-09-2009, 11:53 PM
Hero of the Horn

Frenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Frenzy Send a message via Yahoo to Frenzy

GLotD won the WoT Trivia Contest, if they didn't puss out and not declare a winner. He won the most weeks of anyone by far. 6, wasn't it?

"How the hell do you Godwin a thread with CUCUMBERS!!?" -- Tru

"I love cucumber prawn... " -- Ivhon

"Have to catch me first. Scared shitless always outruns mad as hell." -- Sinistrum

"Some days I'm happy Frenzy doesn't live next door." -- Tamyrlin

"So Frenzy is a scientist then?" -- Davian
"Well duh. An Evil scientist. " -- Khoram
Old 10-10-2009, 12:21 AM
Elder

greatwolf will become famous soon enoughgreatwolf will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy
oh, they noticed 4A. i got a few messages asking if i finally did you in or something.
You actually eat souls? What did he do?
Old 10-10-2009, 01:20 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatwolf
You actually eat souls?
And did it taste like butterscotch pudding? [/Ctrl-Alt-Del reference]

Old 10-10-2009, 03:05 AM
Hero of the Horn

Sodas has a spectacular aura aboutSodas has a spectacular aura aboutSodas has a spectacular aura about

Right. Welcome back GLoTD.

I'm always amused by your humor, but while you have been gone now know that the most defining point of any Asmodean theory is opportunity. Of which, Moridin, didn't have much of.

Welcome back anyhow,
Sodas

Mazrim Taim drew the eye. He was tall, with a strongly hooked nose and an air of physical strength about him. An air of darkness, too. He sat there with his ankles crossed and one arm hanging over the heavy arm of the throne, yet he seemed ready to explode into violence. Interestingly, though his black coat was embroidered with blue-and-gold dragons that twined around the sleeves from elbows to cuffs, he did not wear the collar pins.
Old 10-10-2009, 03:38 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodas
the most defining point of any Asmodean theory is opportunity.
I was under the impression that the defining point of any Asmo theory was "the more ludicrous, the better!"

I mean...RJ had the nerve to say it was obvious to the casual reader. Hah. I call shenanigans!

Old 10-10-2009, 12:30 PM
Hero of the Horn

Sodas has a spectacular aura aboutSodas has a spectacular aura aboutSodas has a spectacular aura about

Touche.

Perhaps I should have said any serious theory needs to be based upon opportunity.

p.s. it is obvious to the casual observer "in the sense that [Robert Jordan's] math teachers would use when describing a proof." Meaning, it's obvious if you already know the answer.

Mazrim Taim drew the eye. He was tall, with a strongly hooked nose and an air of physical strength about him. An air of darkness, too. He sat there with his ankles crossed and one arm hanging over the heavy arm of the throne, yet he seemed ready to explode into violence. Interestingly, though his black coat was embroidered with blue-and-gold dragons that twined around the sleeves from elbows to cuffs, he did not wear the collar pins.

Last edited by Sodas; 10-10-2009 at 12:37 PM.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:53 AM
Hero of the Horn

4Alethinos will become famous soon enough4Alethinos will become famous soon enough

Well, Frenzy while I did eat and survive 8 of the famous or infamous death wings, I am not at all sure I could survive you. I am thrilled that you granted me some mercy.

I am really glad you are not baking me!

Yes, it is good to be back. The level of discussion here is vastly superior to some of the other sites I have visited.

Just having Terez around is akin to having an intelligent encyclopedia at one's fingertips or post.

I too, miss that rascal, Callandor. He was great fun to read even if you had the temerity to disagree with him.

"Breaks into the Whiffenpoof song."
Old 10-13-2009, 07:28 AM
Mistress of Novices

Zaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Zaela Sedai Send a message via MSN to Zaela Sedai Send a message via Yahoo to Zaela Sedai Send a message via Skype™ to Zaela Sedai

GL!!! Welcome back Been far, far too long

The One, the Original, the ONLY Z
Beware of impostors

In Brandon We Trust
This TL Siren is bonded to Pops, XX, DaiShan and DeiwosTheSkyGod. Allied with Seeker and Guarded by Hopper
General of the Western Border, Valkyrie of the Autumn Storm, Destined Fury
Old 10-19-2009, 07:41 PM
Hero of the Horn

Great Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to all
Default Hi y'all

I guess I'll be not reading anything for a wek or two while I read the new book.

But why do they all go back to debating the same points? I was positing that RJ had the sense of humour to use his own phrase "intuitively obvious" to point to a clue. The question is, do you think he would do such a thing, or do you think he randomly accidentally used those words in the math discussion. Or, as one of you put it, did he just throw it in to see what we'd do with it (as I have done)

I figure he's a clever rascal, and wants to see if he can tell us straight out without us catching on. so, 13 = M = Moridin. 9 = I + Ishamael.

right.

thanks for the warm welcome back, gang.

I have hardly even thought of WoT since winning that damn contest (4 of 12 weeks I came in First Frenzy, the worst I did was ninth, and that was when I had no electricity). I burned out! The only time I even checked for news was coincidentally about one hour after RJ's passing was posted.

I am unable to visit Theoryland at work due to extreme busyness. I changed jobs and now have to answer all the technical questions I once asked. That part is awesomely cool. When you see children's products recalled, I have sometimes been involved in some small way. Despite my ever more Libertarian leanings (buy Gold!), I still toil in the belly of the beast.

At home I've spent some time writing, and raising 3 kids. Hope to submit my first short story this month to Tesseracts 14, a Canadian Sci-fi annual collection.

But The Gathering Storm caught my attention, and about two months ago I decided I'd better put Knife of Dreams on by bedside table.

I saw Brandon Sanderson in Montreal at WorldCon. About 20 of us had him to ourselves for two hours, as he was signing offsite at a bookstore. I asked a few questions, more about writing than WoT. He is pretty cool, and he wants to tell a lot more than he is allowed, so blast him with questions after it's been out for a couple of months and he should be talkative. Dragonmount had a post about that signing. I decided not to post and keep my tidbits for myself. WorldCon was awesome. We partied in the Hotel and got to shoot the breeze with GRRM over drinks. He also gave me the funniest writing career advice ever: "Keep your day job." Many other professionals I spoke to agreed.

Nice to see you all again! We'll talk in a month or so after I read the book(Moridin killed Asmodean! 13 = M!)

Tags
asmodean, moridin killed asmodean