art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Guild Wars: Theoryland
User Name
Password

Old 10-16-2009, 02:12 PM
Hero of the Horn

Ivhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Ivhon Send a message via Yahoo to Ivhon
Default Account Hacked

So, seems like someone hacked one of my accounts in the last couple of days. Being 4 years old and whatnot, I dont have any of my keys or anything so Im pretty much screwed on it.

Not that I play all that much anymore, but still sucks arse

Proud owner of the first post on TL's VBulletin forum (sorry...I had ta )

Greeter Emeritus
Old 10-16-2009, 03:48 PM
Elder

czymann is just really niceczymann is just really niceczymann is just really niceczymann is just really nice

I am very sorry to hear that. It is best for everyone to have their account linked to NcSoft PlayNc. Gives an extra measure of security. Which account was hacked?
Old 10-16-2009, 10:27 PM
Hero of the Horn

Ivhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by czymann
I am very sorry to hear that. It is best for everyone to have their account linked to NcSoft PlayNc. Gives an extra measure of security. Which account was hacked?
Its linked. I can change the password from the NCSoft master account. They just have me blocked from logging in game. I was able to provide everything but the Prophecies, Factions and Nightfall keys...maybe that will be enough.

Its the Seonid/Ivhonnicus/Teadra/Azzu/etc. account. Somebody was on it 2 days ago, in case you see anything funny.

Not sure how they got it. I havent given out acct info. The other account hasnt been hacked...so I doubt its a keylogger. Demmed odd.

Greeter Emeritus
Old 10-16-2009, 10:56 PM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

sucks to hear that Ivhon. You lose anything? Everything?
Old 10-17-2009, 12:54 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowbaneX
sucks to hear that Ivhon. You lose anything? Everything?
Dunno. I can't log in.

Greeter Emeritus
Old 10-17-2009, 03:54 PM
Elder

czymann is just really niceczymann is just really niceczymann is just really niceczymann is just really nice

Since it is blocked, that person must have done something to grab Anets attention and they blocked the account.
Now as to how that person got yer gw account info. If you haven't changed it in a long while perhaps someone has been working on ways to crack yer pw for these past few weeks or months.
There are programs out there that will run through all kinds of stuff to get yer pw and none of it needs to run on yer machine.
All they will need to start with is the accounts user name.
Always a good idea to make up words and always use numbers.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:59 PM
Hero of the Horn

The password was pretty secure (used to work with IT in my last job). Oddly, I use it for both accounts (not secure, I know) and the other one is fine. However, harder to guess the username for my monk account.

They havent gotten back to my last email, so Ill ask if they can tell me what whoever did with my account to grab their attention. Hopefully I changed the password in such a way that I cockblocked the hacker and will eventually log in with a TON of plat....yeah...

Greeter Emeritus
Old 10-21-2009, 03:15 PM
Hero of the Horn

Ok...back in.

Losses: ~100p, looks like there is a space in my bags that should not be there...not sure what it was, may have lost some rare mats.

Gains: Elite mesmer tome, crate of fireworks, nice looking illusion staff.

Coulda been worse.

Greeter Emeritus
Old 10-21-2009, 03:34 PM
Elder

Glad you got yer account back. Sorry for the lose of 100k. Though it is strange that you actually gained items. Anet does not replace items unless the thief is caught with them. I guess it is possible that Anet have soo many blocked accounts that they could give out some stuff to those that have been hacked.
Old 10-21-2009, 04:15 PM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

either that or the thief was trading stuff, and just had that equipment on them when the account/ip got blocked.

What's the illusion staff? Just an illusion staff, or some other type of staff with an illusion req?

Similarly, the last time I went to a hockey game my wallet went MIA. I got it back but it was less the $110. All my cards and id were in there and untouched...nothing else to say, just that it's kinda similar.
Old 10-21-2009, 05:00 PM
Hero of the Horn

Yeah..the items weren't from Anet. Think that just what the person had on me when the acct got blocked. Doesnt seem like they were on for very long. All my greens/weapons/mods are still there. Have a ton of undedicated minis that are still there. Doesn't look like they pulled my superior vigor, etc. Like I say...coulda been worse.

Doesnt look like a pro hacked me. Otherwise they woulda sold off everything.

Made a mess of my UI for some damn reason though.

EDIT: Staff is a gold ill. req staff with perfect mods no inscription. Almost like the person was going to use it. Odd.

Greeter Emeritus

Last edited by Ivhon; 10-21-2009 at 05:03 PM.
Old 10-21-2009, 05:28 PM
Hero of the Horn

what is the skin on the staff? If it's a rare enough skin that might be where your 100k went.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:11 PM
Hero of the Horn

WinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to WinespringBrother

Glad to hear you got your account back!

"Oh, y'all [Theorylanders] are awesome with awesome sauce, but you ask a lot of tricky questions. I had to watch myself with you guys." - Maria

"I need to RAFO more things, I'm not being very Robert Jordan..." - Brandon
Old 10-21-2009, 06:46 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowbaneX
what is the skin on the staff? If it's a rare enough skin that might be where your 100k went.
common jeweled staff. 12 req. so, not where the money went.

Greeter Emeritus
Old 10-21-2009, 08:53 PM
Hero of the Horn

hummm, I wonder if you could ask them to see the logs of all the trades you made while someone else had access to your account. Then you could find out what happened to it.