art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Hey New Users of Theoryland!
User Name
Password

Old 10-22-2009, 03:19 PM
Youngling

creepybob has a spectacular aura aboutcreepybob has a spectacular aura aboutcreepybob has a spectacular aura about
Default creepyBob says hello!

Yeah, so I've been here since August but here's my self-introduction.

if you're wondering where creepybob came from, it's a name we used to call my cousin Zach.

Zach was a quiet kid, who generallly stared unblinking at people when talked to and nodded or grunted his answers.

One day I was in my room playing Halo 2, hiding from the rest of the family downstairs. The room was dark, and I was currently chasing some guy named StanleyOnFire down a hallway with a nearly empty Battlerifle and one, single plasma grenade I was trying to stick to our friend Stanley to make him, quite literally, on Fire.

I has just seen our friend Stanley round a corner and I jumped around to toss my glowing blue ball of sticky death onto his fleeing backside. I missed my throw due to a sharp, gutteral sound that I assume was Zachary's breathing. I jumped half way out of my skin, I think my heart still beats a half bpm faster after that shock than it did before.

Before I could turn to glare at him I heard him say in a Gollumesque voice, "Halo Twooooooooooooooo."

I held my breath for a heartbeat, waiting to hear the added "Precious" at the end of the statement, but Zach just stared up at the television screen covered in carnage and death with a hypnotized light in his cold, unblinking eyes.

...from that point on we called him Creepy, just Creepy. Not to his face of course, we feared he'd curse us with unending diarrhea or something.

Well, Zach went to a sunday school program at our church, and when asked by a pretty girl, "What's your name little boy?"

He just leveled his hypnotized, reptilian stare at her until she became uncomfortable and said, "Well, since you won't tell me your name, I'll call you Bob. Run along and sit down Bob."

And thus, creepyBob was born.

Pirate > Ninja

Last edited by creepybob; 10-22-2009 at 03:23 PM.
Old 10-22-2009, 03:31 PM
Hero of the Horn

Gilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond repute

And so... why take this name for yourself?

Welcome to TL, CB.

By: Steampunk Boba Fett
Old 10-22-2009, 03:31 PM
Elder

bowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant future

That's just wrong on so many levels.

Nice to formally meet you, CB.
Old 10-22-2009, 03:45 PM
Hero of the Horn

Jokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Jokeslayer

Wow, your "cousin" sounds pretty weird.
Old 10-22-2009, 04:10 PM
Ancient

Zanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant future

Sticking people with plasma grenades is the greatest form of death one can dish out not only does it say i dont need no stinking gun to take you out. But you have to throw it. And by having to throw it you can rain unsuspecting death upon people and since they stick... they can run around all they want to ... they are still going to die. And in Halo two Because the grenades only went off three seconds after they had stuck to someone you might kill their fiends too.
the only Z

fairy dust for sale 8.99 per vial

"YES!" - Cary Sedai

"Perhaps science,... [is] simply magic with delusions of lack of grandeur." -Peter David, Restoration

The Greatest Thread
Old 10-22-2009, 08:07 PM
Hero of the Horn

Brita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepybob
Yeah, so I've been here since August but here's my self-introduction.
Well, it's about time!

Great story behind the name- how is your cousin doing now, btw? Serial killer, stalker, IRS agent?

Careful with those secret nicknames though, my hubby plays hockey with a guy who "plays like a girl" so he secretly nicknamed him Susie. The name has stuck so well, that when new guys join the team they think it is his real name, and inevitably call him that before they know better. Hard to keep those nicknames under wraps...and this cousin of yours...well you may be near the top of a list you don't want to be on....if you know what I'm saying....

I don't have to agree with you to like you or respect you. ― Anthony Bourdain
Old 10-23-2009, 05:01 AM
Hero of the Horn

Sarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to behold

Welcome to TL, Bob!

the Grey Viper, the Lord of Forsaken Roads, the Pink Sunset
Old 10-23-2009, 07:40 AM
Mistress of Novices

Zaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Zaela Sedai Send a message via MSN to Zaela Sedai Send a message via Yahoo to Zaela Sedai Send a message via Skype™ to Zaela Sedai

Welcome

I need to PM Tam... I need my greet back...

The One, the Original, the ONLY Z
Beware of impostors

In Brandon We Trust
This TL Siren is bonded to Pops, XX, DaiShan and DeiwosTheSkyGod. Allied with Seeker and Guarded by Hopper
General of the Western Border, Valkyrie of the Autumn Storm, Destined Fury
Old 10-23-2009, 09:49 AM
Hero of the Horn

DahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to DahLliA

that's a mildly disturbing story yeah...

"'Profound... huh.' Temper was silent for a long moment, studying the cobbles of the alley mouth. And then he lifted his helmed head, faced Shadowthrone, and said, 'Fuck off.'"
Old 10-23-2009, 02:38 PM
Ancient

Zanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant future

The only part that is disturbing is the failed sticky.
the only Z

fairy dust for sale 8.99 per vial

"YES!" - Cary Sedai

"Perhaps science,... [is] simply magic with delusions of lack of grandeur." -Peter David, Restoration

The Greatest Thread
Old 10-23-2009, 03:46 PM
Hero of the Horn

SauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to SauceyBlueConfetti

I am not 100% sure yet, but I think I like you more now because of that story.

Yeah. Murderous Saucey. My superhero name
I am Detroit. You REALLY wanna call me wimpy?
Haphazardly Spell & Fact Checked Since June 2001
Old 10-24-2009, 03:31 AM
Elder

Wunderwaffe has a spectacular aura aboutWunderwaffe has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Wunderwaffe

I played Halo:CE and Halo2 quite extensively. Did the whole MLG thing. Saw quite a bit of the U.S. that way, in fact. The whole tournament scene lol.
Old 10-24-2009, 12:55 PM
Youngling

creepybob has a spectacular aura aboutcreepybob has a spectacular aura aboutcreepybob has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilshalos Sedai
And so... why take this name for yourself?
Because the name is awesome. I couldn't leave something like that just lying around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brita
Great story behind the name- how is your cousin doing now, btw? Serial killer, stalker, IRS agent?
Last I heard he trying to become competitive in the World of Warcraft Arena.

I suppose he COULD be a serial killer, but he's pretty scrawny, so he'd have to buff up a bit first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanguini
The only part that is disturbing is the failed sticky.
I still mourn for it's loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wunderwaffe
I played Halo:CE and Halo2 quite extensively. Did the whole MLG thing. Saw quite a bit of the U.S. that way, in fact. The whole tournament scene lol.
I never got competitive with it, we moved to a place with unreliable internet and I lost interest in dying.

I do remember some incidents with the proximity mic. When an opponent is near you, the noise from his mic comes through your speakers.

I killed this guy with a fan in his room who was Waghaghaghaghaghaghagha'ing his way around the map.

Then I would yell "I am SOOOOOOOOOO sorry" to everyone I killed while I stood over their bodies. It was surprisingly irritating to have your killer apologize and the other players got so angry they played worse, so I killed them more, and apologized more, and they got more angry, and played worse...

Pirate > Ninja