art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (1): Brita,

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - WoT Discussion Boards > Book 12: The Gathering Storm
User Name
Password

Old 10-31-2009, 10:58 PM
Lord of the Board

Tamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Tamyrlin
Default Another Gauntlet Thrown Down by Brandon

Since we are fan freaks, and we enjoy all that is speculation as it pertains to the Wheel of Time, I thought I'd pass this on from a report in Chicago and something Brandon said at a signing today in Vegas. Here is the quote:

"There is a very small detail in books 4-6, not sure which one that will end up playing a huge role in Towers of Midnight (might end up being in amol, but pretty sure he said ToM). This is on a scale (~example from Mistborn of a small detail~), with how that was such a minor detail touched on in book one, and ended up being the key detail that saved the day in the end. That kind of small detail."

So, go nuts with your speculation folks."

And here is what he said in Vegas when talking about Towers of Midnight:

"...including one thing is secretly hidden in the books for books and books and books, and I haven't been able to find a hint that any of the fan communities have even gotten a whiff it, which is awesome, because they get a whiff of almost everything. And it is really going to be a shocker when it happens, but it is going to be one of those shockers that people are going to slap their foreheads, why haven't we been talking about this for twelve years..."

So - while I find it hard to believe that none of us have found it, or discussed it even in our geekiest "out in left field" craziness, like Mat being the Dark One's Pawn, it sounds like something fun to be on the lookout for over the next year.

Seems to me almost insulting...if we don't or haven't found it.

Last edited by Tamyrlin; 10-31-2009 at 11:36 PM.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:33 PM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

So, Min's [Edited] the key to the Last Battle?

I guarantee we can find it if we know its there. We'll figure it out, Jefe.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot

Last edited by Davian93; 11-01-2009 at 04:45 PM.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:34 PM
Lord of the Board

Tamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond repute
Default I'll go first. Moghedien and Birgitte

Moghedien did something to Birgitte, in creating her, like a ticking time bomb. Birgitte, unknown to herself, is Moghedien's creature (or the Dark One's) and Moghedien will use her (or Moridin) will use her in some way that will shock and surprise us.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:37 PM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamyrlin
Moghedien did something to Birgitte, in creating her, like a ticking time bomb. Birgitte, unknown to herself, is Moghedien's creature (or the Dark One's) and Moghedien will use her (or Moridin) will use her in some way that will shock and surprise us.

My guess is something to do with Leilwin Shipless (or whatever her name is). She was introduced in Book 4 afterall.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Old 10-31-2009, 11:38 PM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

I'm more of a backwards thinker and with that in mind I posit this: what haven't we discussed from books 4-6? Do I sense an elder-level chapter-by-chapter book review?
Old 10-31-2009, 11:39 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowbaneX
I'm more of a backwards thinker and with that in mind I posit this: what haven't we discussed from books 4-6? Do I sense an elder-level chapter-by-chapter book review?
We might as well do it on this forum though. There's no way we'd keep it up on the Scholars Board.

There's got to be something. Something that seems like nothing though. Something completely innocent at first glance.

Old 10-31-2009, 11:40 PM
Lord of the Board

Default Yup - Book 4 through 6 Review Coming

Lots of good stuff with small details, Rhuidean, Aiel, T'A'R, Black Tower, Fel, etc.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:41 PM
Lord of the Board

Default That's why I like Birgitte

It was something huge...but we've never discussed the fact that Moghedien in essence created Birgitte and what that could mean. Yup, you can hear it already, a theory is forming.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:43 PM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

We've got her, Dave, but there's also Perrin in the Two Rivers which means also including Luc/Slayer/Isam, Birgitte & Gaidal (as Tam mentioned, although I don't think she's Shadow-bound), the ter'angreal stash from Rhuidean, Tigraine's journey to the Waste, and well, alot more. Then again, it's quite possibly something we have discussed in the passed that BS just hasn't seen, cause it was years ago.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:46 PM
Hero of the Horn

speaking of stuff that wasn't discussed, I'm surprised no one's brought up Egwene's use of need in t'a'r taking her to a tinker camp, but yeah, that's another topic.

You might have a theory forming Fearless Leader, but if they really wanted to effect things, there would have been plenty of time for Birgitte to have created some chaos long before the last two books. Just letting Elayne fall into the hands of the BA would have been sufficient in the last book. No, I've got a feeling that it's more subtle than that.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:46 PM
Hero of the Horn

Balwer is a DF and will kill Perrin.

EDIT: Nevermind, he was introduced in TDR and didn't meet Perrin till CoS/PoD.

Old 10-31-2009, 11:48 PM
Hero of the Horn

it's books 4 through 6. Black Tower I believe was only LoC. It might be something that leads through there so details there shouldn't be discounted, but it's not something that'd be specific to the BT.

As for the original challenge, was it something small that happened in all three books, or is it a one time event that happened in one of the three books. That's alot of ground to cover for a singular item, event or happening.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:48 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
speaking of stuff that wasn't discussed, I'm surprised no one's brought up Egwene's use of need in t'a'r taking her to a tinker camp, but yeah, that's another topic.

You might have a theory forming Fearless Leader, but if they really wanted to effect things, there would have been plenty of time for Birgitte to have created some chaos long before the last two books. Just letting Elayne fall into the hands of the BA would have been sufficient in the last book. No, I've got a feeling that it's more subtle than that.
Yeah, I was wondering about that Tinker thing...maybe they have some ter'angrael or something.

Old 10-31-2009, 11:49 PM
Hero of the Horn

I'll go make a thread to keep this seperate.

Speaking of using Need though, didn't Nynaeve and Elayne use Need in T'A'R to find something to fix the weather, but it originally took them to Tar Valon, but they knew that they didn't have access so they added the 'not in Tar Valon' clause? Could that be something? iirc, that topic hasn't been largely discussed.

Last edited by ShadowbaneX; 10-31-2009 at 11:52 PM.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:54 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
I'll go make a thread to keep this seperate.

Speaking of using Need though, didn't Nynaeve and Elayne use Need in T'A'R to find something to fix the weather, but it originally took them to Tar Valon, but they knew that they didn't have access so they added the 'not in Tar Valon' clause? Could that be something? iirc, that topic hasn't been largely discussed.
I don't think we ever discussed that to be honest. There's probably another Bowl of the Winds in the ter'angreal storerooms.

Maybe something to do with the WT split (that occurred in all 3 books afterall). Those books are huge...its gonna be tough to figure it out. All 3 are the biggest of the series I think.

Old 10-31-2009, 11:54 PM
Lord of the Board

Default Tinkers - A Very Interesting Possibility, Ogiers too

There might be something there we overlooked.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:55 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamyrlin
There might be something there we overlooked.
Erith is a Darkfriend!!!

Old 10-31-2009, 11:57 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Farstrider, seen in Graendal's lair?

Nynaeve witnessing Moghedien ripping Birgitte out of Tel'aran'rhiod?

Fel, telling Rand he didn't think the Dragon Reborn could make the prison whole again like the Creator made it?
Old 10-31-2009, 11:59 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez
Farstrider, seen in Graendal's lair?

Nynaeve witnessing Moghedien ripping Birgitte out of Tel'aran'rhiod?

Fel, telling Rand he didn't think the Dragon Reborn could make the prison whole again like the Creator made it?
We've discussed all of those before. Maybe not so much teh Farstrider one but the other two we've gone over at length.

Old 11-01-2009, 12:01 AM
Hero of the Horn

yes, but unless BS is actually a member of TL, he might not have seen any of our threads about it.

Tags
detail from 4-6