art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - WoT Discussion Boards > Book 12: The Gathering Storm
User Name
Password

Old 11-12-2009, 09:12 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dead
I am curious how a return of the voice would happen though. Might shed some light on this debate. It is just unfortunate that we wont be getting an answer.
I have already said that I predict a return of the 'voice' next time Rand sees Taim. And yes, that would definitely shed further light on the debate...
Old 11-12-2009, 10:34 AM
Hero of the Horn

Isabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Isabel

It wouldn't remember the quote from Semirhage. That's it's hard to integrate?
'Rand al'Thor, Nynaeve shrieked, that is the most outrageous thing I ever heard out of your mouth. The very idea of telling three women you love them! You are worse than a lecher. You apologize right now!'

Isabel sedai of the Green Ajah, Amyrlin of the Official Nynaeve Fanclub, first sister to Gennie Sedai of the Green Ajah, bonded to Camel, Wolf Gaidin, Jachthond and ghostrider.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:43 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, but Rand is already integrated. And I didn't mean it would shed light for the die-hard real'ers. Obviously you guys will be Whitecloaks till the bitter end.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:59 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps he will unintegrate again?
Old 11-12-2009, 05:17 PM
Hero of the Horn

Belazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Belazamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTheGreat
Or possibly disintegrate?

I believe there's been prophecies about that sort of thing.

No one cares, no one sympathizes
You just stand around and play synthesizers
Old 11-12-2009, 05:19 PM
Hero of the Horn

Belazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Belazamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bloodpath
So Bela, do you think you understand the realer's side yet? Or just Sodas'?
I have a personal conception of the "real" argument that I understand pretty well, though I don't subscribe to it. It's whenever I get into discussions with other Realers that they start bringing up things that don't make any sense to me.

No one cares, no one sympathizes
You just stand around and play synthesizers
Old 11-12-2009, 05:35 PM
Hero of the Horn

Jokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Jokeslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTheGreat
Differentiate, possibly
Old 11-13-2009, 12:41 AM
Elder

Lord Bloodpath is an unknown quantity at this point

Terez, I sorta resent the Whitecloak comment.... Although I consider faith a fair method for making some decisions (especially when there isn't enough hard data to come to a proper determination based on logic alone,) it seems more rational to me to say that LTT's actual personality coalesced in Rand's mind rather than try to say that a subconscious construct gets repeatedly confused by things like whether the body has always belonged to it or not. Or is willing to surrender it's own existence when it is by definition a collection of unpleasantness and insanity. Or maybe Rand surrendered to the fake voice, that idea was never clear to me.

There's adequate proof for and against each side, which looks much better when we interpret it according to our personal prejudices... I think it's best if nobody tries to indicate that there is a 'correct' perspective when all the evidence we have has purposefully been left vague and open.

In any case, I hope the voice really is gone. I'm pretty tired of it at this point. Also: I like it when 'never' really means 'never.' Or means next sentence, cause that can be funny occasionally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Scattering Storm
He knew - somehow - that he would never again hear Lews Therin's voice in his head. For they were not two men, and never had been.

He regarded the world beneath him. The clouds above had finally broken.
Thank the light, Lews Therin quipped, All that gloom was really beginning to bring my mood down... Rand felt a moment of shock and then laughed so hard that he fell backwards onto the rocks, tears streaming from his eyes. He guessed he was madder than ever now. So much for Power-granted epiphanies. Shut up already said Lews Therin, We think too much.
That said, Rand will probably just be predisposed towards being very mistrustful of Taim and his cronies (if he doesn't meet them in open battle next time he sees them,) which is exactly how a sane person should act anyway.

Berelain: You were frozen, so I helped you by taking off your clothes and putting you in my tent.
Perrin: You have a unique way of helping people. I feel strangely satisfied.
Berelain: Oh, I helped myself too. Abracadabra.
*By ISAM*
Old 11-13-2009, 11:16 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bloodpath
Terez, I sorta resent the Whitecloak comment....
It was intended to make you resent it! lol...obviously I don't think that the evidence is so equally weighted as you (and Isa, and others) make out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB
Although I consider faith a fair method for making some decisions (especially when there isn't enough hard data to come to a proper determination based on logic alone,) it seems more rational to me to say that LTT's actual personality coalesced in Rand's mind rather than try to say that a subconscious construct gets repeatedly confused by things like whether the body has always belonged to it or not.
Confusion is the nature of a subconsciously-constructed personality because, after all, the existence of the second personality doesn't make any sense. And this is Rand's own confusion that we see through the construct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB
Or is willing to surrender it's own existence when it is by definition a collection of unpleasantness and insanity.
Not sure what you're getting at here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB
I think it's best if nobody tries to indicate that there is a 'correct' perspective when all the evidence we have has purposefully been left vague and open.
I don't think it's very 'vague and open' at all. There is a clear breadcrumb trail to follow here, with Rand's motives and the development of the 'voice'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB
That said, Rand will probably just be predisposed towards being very mistrustful of Taim and his cronies (if he doesn't meet them in open battle next time he sees them,) which is exactly how a sane person should act anyway.
Lews Therin wanted to kill Taim. Rand always wondered why. Yet, when Lews Therin's 'voice' went away (after Cadsuane mentioned the voices of madmen), Rand found himself in a situation where he was dealing with Taim's cronies. And guess what? Rand wanted to kill Torval. Very much so. And guess what else? That is the chapter where the 'voice' came back. Of course, it was entirely a sane reaction for Rand to mistrust Torval, and even for him to want to kill Torval. But it was a very inconvenient reaction. That's why Rand always expressed those desires through Lews Therin, and why, when he expressed them on his own due to the absence of Lews Therin, he quickly reinstated the construct. He banished the construct because of the implication that he was mad, but the later implications with Torval were more troublesome to him.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:36 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

LTT also often expressed the wish to kill the Forsaken, but when Rand offed Semirhage, LTT was uncomfortable about that.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:39 AM
Hero of the Horn

LOL, mostly because of the True Power. But yeah, there are many examples of Rand changing his mind throughout the series, and Lews Therin is always his 'inner voice', offering up the objections whichever way they fall.

Tags
lews therin