art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)


Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - WoT Discussion Boards > Archived: General Wheel of Time Discussion - 05/2008 - 03/2012
User Name
Password

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81  
Old 11-17-2009, 12:24 PM
Belazamon's Avatar
Belazamon Belazamon is offline
Hero of the Horn
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Springfield, MA
Posts: 2,309
Belazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Belazamon
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueSavior
Because suddenly appearing in front of Rand Al'thor at this point is a great way to get Balefired? Demandred knows that he isn't Lews Therin's equal - frustration over it is why he turned to the Shadow - so why would he try to take him on straight up?
Once again, things we didn't know about at this point. We only knew that he hated LTT and was envious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS
He wouldn't recognize Slayer/Luc/Isam.... Semirhage is engaged in Ebou Dar, and Graendal doesn't move without overwhelming confidence of victory.
a) Why have we decided that Asmodean wouldn't recognize Slayer? There doesn't appear to be any solid evidence either way as of tFoH.

b) Those bits of info about Semirhage and Graendal were unknown as of tFoH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isa
So I just don't see why you count it in Graendal's pov as natural and not in Slayers pov, that the killer isn't revealed.
For all the reasons I've already explained in this thread. If you don't understand why I think that Slayer PoV disqualifies him, I can think of no way to clarify any further.
__________________
Stating your opinion as a fact doesn't make it any less your opinion.

No one cares, no one sympathizes
You just stand around and play synthesizers
  #82  
Old 11-17-2009, 12:25 PM
DahLliA's Avatar
DahLliA DahLliA is offline
Hero of the Horn
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Trondheim, Norway
Posts: 2,096
DahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to DahLliA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spasmodean
I personally don't buy the Slayer theory, my money is on either Lanfear or Moiraine as they both seem "intuitively obvious" to ME based on the previous bits of narrative (Rand's letter from Moiraine and Asmo's thoughts about Mierin wanting to kill him).
I agree with this since (and this is true) I didn't believe for a second that Moiraine was dead. never have, never will. that also means I never thought lanfear died(at least not from falling through the door)

and seeing as lanfear and moiraine and rand is the only people that know where asmo is(I might be wrong on this point) I immediatly thought lanfear killed him.

I have no proof and no explanation. just my gut feeling and afaik there's no conclusive evidence that lanfear couldn't have gotten out of finnland and died outside after killing asmo and gotten reborn as cyndane
__________________
The Llama
The Warden of the West, the Lighthouse Keeper, Creator of Too Much Pizza

"'Profound... huh.' Temper was silent for a long moment, studying the cobbles of the alley mouth. And then he lifted his helmed head, faced Shadowthrone, and said, 'Fuck off.'"
  #83  
Old 11-17-2009, 01:35 PM
RogueSavior's Avatar
RogueSavior RogueSavior is offline
Elder
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 862
RogueSavior is a glorious beacon of lightRogueSavior is a glorious beacon of lightRogueSavior is a glorious beacon of lightRogueSavior is a glorious beacon of lightRogueSavior is a glorious beacon of lightRogueSavior is a glorious beacon of lightRogueSavior is a glorious beacon of light
Default

To a.)Because none of his personalities were alive during the Age of Legends, which is where all the people Asmodean is likely to recognize and be terrified at seeing are from.

To b.) That doesn't, to me, disprove ihe insight into their character as evidence. Who's to say RJ doesn't include MORE hints after FoH?
__________________
Master of the Sword Calaborg, Lord of Seven Roads, the Uninsured
Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face.
Oh RS, that was magic-Ishara
and you were tasty!-Brita
That was fabulous m'dear
-Zaela
Hero of Theoryland
  #84  
Old 11-17-2009, 02:02 PM
Belazamon's Avatar
Belazamon Belazamon is offline
Hero of the Horn
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Springfield, MA
Posts: 2,309
Belazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Belazamon
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueSavior
To b.) That doesn't, to me, disprove ihe insight into their character as evidence. Who's to say RJ doesn't include MORE hints after FoH?
Absolutely nothing. However, you seemed to be basing your argument about the "intuitive obviousness" of the killer on remarks such as those, so I was only trying to point out that they didn't fit the criteria at the time.
__________________
Stating your opinion as a fact doesn't make it any less your opinion.

No one cares, no one sympathizes
You just stand around and play synthesizers
  #85  
Old 11-17-2009, 11:20 PM
Isabel Isabel is offline
Hero of the Horn
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 2,088
Isabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Isabel
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belazamon
For all the reasons I've already explained in this thread. If you don't understand why I think that Slayer PoV disqualifies him, I can think of no way to clarify any further.
Belazamon: we just have to agree to disagree. You think that because there is a quote in which slayer is thinking about killing people and not thinking about killing asmo in that quote is excluding him.
It is a question, I understand that, but for me it's explained by RJ not wanting to reveal the killer, but he did want to explain more about Slayers power.

RJ has also deliberity trying to slip the killer of asmo past us with other any suspect, including Graendal.
__________________
'Rand al'Thor, Nynaeve shrieked, that is the most outrageous thing I ever heard out of your mouth. The very idea of telling three women you love them! You are worse than a lecher. You apologize right now!'

Isabel sedai of the Green Ajah, Amyrlin of the Official Nynaeve Fanclub, first sister to Gennie Sedai of the Green Ajah, bonded to Camel, Wolf Gaidin, Jachthond and ghostrider.
  #86  
Old 11-17-2009, 11:21 PM
Isabel Isabel is offline
Hero of the Horn
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 2,088
Isabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Isabel
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belazamon
a) Why have we decided that Asmodean wouldn't recognize Slayer? There doesn't appear to be any solid evidence either way as of tFoH.
And Jordan said the forsaken know about Slayer, so they might recognize him
__________________
'Rand al'Thor, Nynaeve shrieked, that is the most outrageous thing I ever heard out of your mouth. The very idea of telling three women you love them! You are worse than a lecher. You apologize right now!'

Isabel sedai of the Green Ajah, Amyrlin of the Official Nynaeve Fanclub, first sister to Gennie Sedai of the Green Ajah, bonded to Camel, Wolf Gaidin, Jachthond and ghostrider.
  #87  
Old 11-18-2009, 12:28 AM
Belazamon's Avatar
Belazamon Belazamon is offline
Hero of the Horn
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Springfield, MA
Posts: 2,309
Belazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Belazamon
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabel
Belazamon: we just have to agree to disagree. You think that because there is a quote in which slayer is thinking about killing people and not thinking about killing asmo in that quote is excluding him.
It is a question, I understand that, but for me it's explained by RJ not wanting to reveal the killer, but he did want to explain more about Slayers power.
Fair enough. I will still cry "cheat!" if it turns out that Slayer did it, though, for all the reasons I've given in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isa
And Jordan said the forsaken know about Slayer, so they might recognize him
Was that before or after tFoH? If it was after, my point stands.
__________________
Stating your opinion as a fact doesn't make it any less your opinion.

No one cares, no one sympathizes
You just stand around and play synthesizers
  #88  
Old 11-18-2009, 05:05 AM
GonzoTheGreat GonzoTheGreat is offline
Hero of the Horn
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 15,815
GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabel
Exactly the same counts for Slayer. He hasnt thought about Asmodean or forsaken in his pov.
So I just don't see why you count it in Graendal's pov as natural and not in Slayers pov, that the killer isn't revealed.
As far as I can remember, Slayer never expresses any views on the alivelessness (or lack thereof) of Asmodean. Thus, he is less obvious a suspect based purely on that issue than Graendal is, who does say that Asmodean suffers from alivelessness.
  #89  
Old 11-18-2009, 11:26 AM
Isabel Isabel is offline
Hero of the Horn
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 2,088
Isabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Isabel
Default

I asked the following:

Emma: Just one other question. Does Slayer know every Forsaken?
A: Yeah, he does.

Q: Have all the Forsaken of Slayer?
A: Yes, they've heard of him. Slayer is not old in the way they are. Slayer does not come the Age of Legends, Slayer is something much newer.

Slayer is also known by all Forsaken...
__________________
'Rand al'Thor, Nynaeve shrieked, that is the most outrageous thing I ever heard out of your mouth. The very idea of telling three women you love them! You are worse than a lecher. You apologize right now!'

Isabel sedai of the Green Ajah, Amyrlin of the Official Nynaeve Fanclub, first sister to Gennie Sedai of the Green Ajah, bonded to Camel, Wolf Gaidin, Jachthond and ghostrider.
  #90  
Old 11-18-2009, 05:43 PM
Belazamon's Avatar
Belazamon Belazamon is offline
Hero of the Horn
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Springfield, MA
Posts: 2,309
Belazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Belazamon
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabel
Q: Have all the Forsaken of Slayer?
A: Yes, they've heard of him. Slayer is not old in the way they are. Slayer does not come the Age of Legends, Slayer is something much newer.

Slayer is also known by all Forsaken...
"Known by" and "heard of" are not the same thing at all.
__________________
Stating your opinion as a fact doesn't make it any less your opinion.

No one cares, no one sympathizes
You just stand around and play synthesizers
  #91  
Old 11-19-2009, 12:16 AM
Isabel Isabel is offline
Hero of the Horn
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 2,088
Isabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Isabel
Default

Bela: i know it's not, but i was 16 at the time.
__________________
'Rand al'Thor, Nynaeve shrieked, that is the most outrageous thing I ever heard out of your mouth. The very idea of telling three women you love them! You are worse than a lecher. You apologize right now!'

Isabel sedai of the Green Ajah, Amyrlin of the Official Nynaeve Fanclub, first sister to Gennie Sedai of the Green Ajah, bonded to Camel, Wolf Gaidin, Jachthond and ghostrider.
 

Tags
asmodean, slayer killed asmodean


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.