art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - WoT Discussion Boards > Book Tour: The Gathering Storm
User Name
Password

Old 11-20-2009, 01:17 AM
Hero of the Horn

Frenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Frenzy Send a message via Yahoo to Frenzy
Default SJ Booksigning

i have a whole box of WoT goodies on my kitchen table right now. This is going to be friggin' sweet!!!

"How the hell do you Godwin a thread with CUCUMBERS!!?" -- Tru

"I love cucumber prawn... " -- Ivhon

"Have to catch me first. Scared shitless always outruns mad as hell." -- Sinistrum

"Some days I'm happy Frenzy doesn't live next door." -- Tamyrlin

"So Frenzy is a scientist then?" -- Davian
"Well duh. An Evil scientist. " -- Khoram
Old 11-20-2009, 03:21 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Yay! Have fun and make sure to ask him good questions.
Old 11-20-2009, 07:10 AM
Hero of the Horn

WinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to WinespringBrother

have fun!!!!

"Oh, y'all [Theorylanders] are awesome with awesome sauce, but you ask a lot of tricky questions. I had to watch myself with you guys." - Maria

"I need to RAFO more things, I'm not being very Robert Jordan..." - Brandon
Old 11-22-2009, 03:27 AM
Hero of the Horn

Frenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Frenzy Send a message via Yahoo to Frenzy

Booksigning was awesome. I have notes, from both the signing and the dinner, but will transcribe them tomorrow. I've been up WAAAY too long to be coherent. Quick highlights:

Jason Wolfbrother and 4Alethinos were both there and both got RAFO cards

Brandon wrote down Asmo's killer's name lightly in Korean, then heavily scribbled the hell out of it & gave it to one of the storm leaders.

Tamyrlin & Brandon wiped the floor with Jason and i at M:tG

Tamyrlin drove Brandon all over today, and had plenty of "grilling" time.

Brandon signed my book "Would you be nae'blis" and Harriet signed it "For the cookie queen" (i made them both giant Aes Sedai-symbol cookies). Squee!!

biggest story-related bombshell (imho): don't assume Rand and Moridin are linked.

More tomorrow. Including the results of the grilled cheese explanation.

"How the hell do you Godwin a thread with CUCUMBERS!!?" -- Tru

"I love cucumber prawn... " -- Ivhon

"Have to catch me first. Scared shitless always outruns mad as hell." -- Sinistrum

"Some days I'm happy Frenzy doesn't live next door." -- Tamyrlin

"So Frenzy is a scientist then?" -- Davian
"Well duh. An Evil scientist. " -- Khoram
Old 11-22-2009, 03:32 AM
Hero of the Horn

Matoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy
biggest story-related bombshell (imho): don't assume Rand and Moridin are linked.
Well now, that would be a bombshell...granted, it doesn't kill it outright...hmmm...

[Gawyn] probably pops his collar. - Kivo
Mat's hat is a Darkfriend. - Daekyras
Old 11-22-2009, 03:58 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy View Post
LMAO! I'll put that in the same category as Brandon telling us not to assume that Cyndane is Lanfear.
Old 11-22-2009, 05:39 AM
Elder

Yuri33 is just really niceYuri33 is just really niceYuri33 is just really niceYuri33 is just really niceYuri33 is just really nice

They may not be linked, but I'm sure they're...

associated, attached, bound, conjoined, conjugated, coupled, fastened, grouped, hooked, interfaced, joined, melded, networked, tied, united, yoked...

...in some way or another
Old 11-22-2009, 06:22 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Wacky theory for TG:

Rand slaps a Warder bond on the DO, Alivia kills Rand, the DO balefires Alivia, Rand is retroactively kept alive, the DO drops dead anyway.

See? No need for a link to Moridin there.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:51 AM
Hero of the Horn

SauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to SauceyBlueConfetti

As crazy as that sounds Gonzo, I like it.
Yeah. Murderous Saucey. My superhero name
I am Detroit. You REALLY wanna call me wimpy?
Haphazardly Spell & Fact Checked Since June 2001
Old 11-23-2009, 02:25 PM
Hero of the Horn

Sodas has a spectacular aura aboutSodas has a spectacular aura aboutSodas has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy View Post
Booksigning was awesome. I have notes, from both the signing and the dinner, but will transcribe them tomorrow. I've been up WAAAY too long to be coherent. Quick highlights:

Jason Wolfbrother and 4Alethinos were both there and both got RAFO cards

Brandon wrote down Asmo's killer's name lightly in Korean, then heavily scribbled the hell out of it & gave it to one of the storm leaders.

Tamyrlin & Brandon wiped the floor with Jason and i at M:tG

Tamyrlin drove Brandon all over today, and had plenty of "grilling" time.

Brandon signed my book "Would you be nae'blis" and Harriet signed it "For the cookie queen" (i made them both giant Aes Sedai-symbol cookies). Squee!!

More tomorrow. Including the results of the grilled cheese explanation.
Yes, that is a big bombshell because the books make it seem like they are linked. Both Moridin and Lews Therin seem to agree in the Dream sequence that they are linked in some manner. They seem to understand and assume they are linked, so why shouldn't we as readers?

Mazrim Taim drew the eye. He was tall, with a strongly hooked nose and an air of physical strength about him. An air of darkness, too. He sat there with his ankles crossed and one arm hanging over the heavy arm of the throne, yet he seemed ready to explode into violence. Interestingly, though his black coat was embroidered with blue-and-gold dragons that twined around the sleeves from elbows to cuffs, he did not wear the collar pins.
Old 11-23-2009, 02:26 PM
Hero of the Horn

Sarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Have this person scan it and send it to Snow.

the Grey Viper, the Lord of Forsaken Roads, the Pink Sunset
Old 11-23-2009, 03:03 PM
Elder

AbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy
An Aes Sedai answer if I ever heard one. This is a joke if BS actually thinks we would even momentarily believe that.

And Gonzo, gotta say I love the theory. Although I'm not sure the DO would die or be resealed from Rand dying...

"He can compress the most words into the smallest idea of any man I ever met."
Abraham Lincoln

Draw a crazy picture, write a nutty poem. Sing a mumble-gumble song, whistle through your comb. Do a loony-goony dance 'cross the kitchen floor. Put something silly in the world that ain't been there before.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:12 AM
Hero of the Horn

4Alethinos will become famous soon enough4Alethinos will become famous soon enough

I also cannot begin to tell all of you just how proud I was to get a RAFO card along with the estimable Jason Wolfbrother. It totally made my day.

Having Mat, Tamyrlin, and JWB on the premises was a very much an additional bonus.

Seeing Frenzy, Jason from Dragonmount, as well as meeting Harriet and Brandon was a genuine joy. Harriet is a splendid person and I thanked her for bringing her husband to us all.

"I believe the end of the series is in very good hands, indeed."

Tags
booksigning