art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - WoT Discussion Boards > Book 12: The Gathering Storm
User Name
Password

Old 11-23-2009, 03:53 PM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoH, Chapter 6,, Gateways
"Of course you are." Studying him, she nodded slowly to herself. That cool composure returned. "Of course. Asmodean has been telling you things, about the War of Power, and me. He lies. You did love me. Until that yellow-haired trollop Ilyena stole you." For an instant, rage made her face a contorted mask; he did not think she was even aware of it. "Did you know that Asmodean severed his own mother? What they call stilling, now. Severed her, and let Myrddraal drag her away screaming. Can you trust a man like that?"
Isn't that a perfect suspect?
She had motive, he would definitely have recognised her, he would have been surprised to see her in a pantry in the palace in Caemlyn, and very few people have mentioned her in this context, as far as I know.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:57 PM
Youngling

kcf is a jewel in the roughkcf is a jewel in the roughkcf is a jewel in the roughkcf is a jewel in the rough

So, now we think it's Asmodean's mother?

Now that would be something!
Old 11-23-2009, 04:19 PM
Hero of the Horn

Belazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Belazamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcf View Post
So, now we think it's Asmodean's mother?

Now that would be something!
It would certainly explain both the recognition and the shock.

No one cares, no one sympathizes
You just stand around and play synthesizers
Old 11-23-2009, 04:27 PM
Hero of the Horn

Marie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamyrlin View Post
Have the Finns themselves ever been proposed as Asmodean's killer? Now we know that the Finns have great stores of Ter'angreal and Angreal. Isn't it possible that Lanfear goes through the doorway, loses her angreal, burns out. She gets her three wishes, but doesn't ask for her life or leavetaking, maybe even knowingly avoids asking for them and instead asks for something else (this is unnecessary but I thought I'd include it). One of those requests is Asmodean's death. Using a gateway ter'angreal, they open a gateway and using a balefire ter'angreal they balefire Asmodean all in the name of living up the agreements of their pact.
We didn't really know before that the Finns had a big store of ter'angreal, though. So I don't see how their usage of a ter'angreal to balefire Asmodean could in any way be considered "obvious".
Old 11-23-2009, 04:37 PM
Hero of the Horn

SauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to SauceyBlueConfetti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamyrlin View Post
Isn't it possible that Lanfear goes through the doorway, loses her angreal, burns out. She gets her three wishes, but doesn't ask for her life or leavetaking, maybe even knowingly avoids asking for them and instead asks for something else (this is unnecessary but I thought I'd include it). One of those requests is Asmodean's death. Using a gateway ter'angreal, they open a gateway and using a balefire ter'angreal they balefire Asmodean all in the name of living up the agreements of their pact.
I am gonna veto this based only on the three wishes. I still strongly support < insert correct name here> whomever came up with the "Lanfear is enhanced theory" based on the idea she has already had 3 wishes...to be the strongest female channeler, to be the most beautiful woman envied by all others and...well I don't recall the third. A second trip to 'finnland, even if unintentional, even if resurrected as Cyndane, would not allow three new wishes.
Yeah. Murderous Saucey. My superhero name
I am Detroit. You REALLY wanna call me wimpy?
Haphazardly Spell & Fact Checked Since June 2001
Old 11-23-2009, 04:38 PM
Hero of the Horn

Matoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of light

New hypothesis: "Casual Reader" is actually one of RJ's pseudonyms. Ergo, it totally was "obvious to the Casual Reader". (and not necessarily to anyone else)

[Gawyn] probably pops his collar. - Kivo
Mat's hat is a Darkfriend. - Daekyras
Old 11-23-2009, 05:38 PM
Elder

fdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant future

Maybe I don't understand this whole Traveling issue yet, but my understanding (based on the thread I started a while back about Shadowspawn Traveling) is that they can't Travel because they are artificial constructs to the Pattern. Long question short: are the 'Finn similarly considered "constructs"? If not, Traveling would kill them.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:58 PM
Youngling

Devlin1969 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdsaf3 View Post
Maybe I don't understand this whole Traveling issue yet, but my understanding (based on the thread I started a while back about Shadowspawn Traveling) is that they can't Travel because they are artificial constructs to the Pattern. Long question short: are the 'Finn similarly considered "constructs"? If not, Traveling would kill them.
The Finn are not considered "constructs" in the way you are thinking. They are not made, they are sentient beings, or a different race of beings, that live in another dimension.

Originally Posted by [HotH]Trennik
Your mom is the only Legend map left in common circulation!

{Visit the Hunters Of The Horn}

"Maps available @ WoTmaps.com"
Old 11-23-2009, 06:04 PM
Lord of the Board

Tamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Tamyrlin
Default Exactly

If you look up Finns in the Q&A database you'll notice a series of questions we asked Jordan to clarify these points in 05.

WinespringBrother: Does the physical location of the world of 'Finns have anything to do with the bells ringing when the ta'veren were in together?
Jordan: No.
WinespringBrother: Have the 'Finns existed as long as the Wheel?
Jordan: Yes.
WinespringBrother: Do they have souls?
WinespringBrother: Are the 'Finns from human stock?
WinespringBrother: Did they originate in their current location?
WinespringBrother: Are they related to Tel'aran'rhiod or do they control Tel'aran'rhiod?

Tamyrlin: The 'Finns reside in a Parallel World, is that correct?
Tamyrlin: Okay, so are Parallel Worlds and Mirror Worlds the same thing?
Jordan: No, they are different.
Tamyrlin: Okay, well then do Parallel Worlds have their own reflections?
Jordan: Possibly.
Tamyrlin: Did Lanfear get the opportunity to ask the 'Finns, to make a wish, after going through the doorway with Moiraine?
Jordan: Read and find out.
Tamyrlin: Okay, well, then did Moiraine get the opportunity to make a wish?
Jordan: Read and find out.

Old 11-23-2009, 06:12 PM
Hero of the Horn

Matoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
WinespringBrother: Are they related to Tel'aran'rhiod or do they control Tel'aran'rhiod?
Hmmm...as an aside, any possibility he fudged on the answer due to being asked two questions in one? As in, since he only gave one answer, which question did he answer? (Not saying I think he would do that, but just asking if it is a possibility)

[Gawyn] probably pops his collar. - Kivo
Mat's hat is a Darkfriend. - Daekyras
Old 11-23-2009, 11:27 PM
Hero of the Horn

Belazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Belazamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matoyak View Post
Hmmm...as an aside, any possibility he fudged on the answer due to being asked two questions in one? As in, since he only gave one answer, which question did he answer? (Not saying I think he would do that, but just asking if it is a possibility)
No.

No one cares, no one sympathizes
You just stand around and play synthesizers
Old 11-25-2009, 11:00 PM
Elder

nameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant future

Balefire wasn't the murder weapon. RJ said resurrection was impossible because of the combination of how and where he was killed. If it had been balefire he would have said how and when.
Old 11-26-2009, 04:47 AM
Hero of the Horn

DahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to DahLliA

is there any way to word a wish to kill rand/ltt such that the finns could stick her in a pantry and promtly drag Lanfear back to finnland and kill her?

like. "I want to kill the bastard!" and boom pantry and hey, there's asmo getting some wine instead.

"'Profound... huh.' Temper was silent for a long moment, studying the cobbles of the alley mouth. And then he lifted his helmed head, faced Shadowthrone, and said, 'Fuck off.'"

Tags
'finns killed asmodean, asmodean