art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (1): aalcazarwilb,

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - WoT Discussion Boards > Book 12: The Gathering Storm
User Name
Password

Old 11-25-2009, 04:44 AM
Youngling

markerikson is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by markerikson View Post
How about the weird sigil that has appeared a few times: the fist clutching lightning bolts?
Adding to this, based on a couple of thing's I've read that Sanderson has said recently.

It seems that this sigil is Sammael's sigil (it's on the back of his throne in t'a'r in tFoH), and yet it also appears on the palace in the BT at the end of KoD.

Sanderson has said that the DO would like to bring Sammael back, but can't because he died by mashadar.

Taim was an arrogant bastard in LoC and aCoS, and didn't turn outright evil until somewhere in tPoD, after Sammael died.

The BT now has a very bleak, nasty feel to it, rather like Aridhol, maybe.

I know, a pretty tenuous theory, but isn't this the place for those?
Old 11-25-2009, 09:43 AM
Youngling

GhenjeiBomber is an unknown quantity at this point

MOre info on the sigils is to be found at the 13th depository. Their article on this is quite extensive... Be'lal had the same sigil btw...

Long time lurker, first time poster... And proud to be another Dutchy at this forum
Old 11-25-2009, 11:05 AM
Hero of the Horn

yks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond repute

Aram?

Bonded to JWB

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
Old 11-25-2009, 11:08 AM
Elder

One Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by yks 6nnetu hing View Post
Aram?
I think his being dead negates him having a big role in the upcoming books.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:15 AM
Youngling

Devlin1969 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by markerikson View Post
Adding to this, based on a couple of thing's I've read that Sanderson has said recently.

It seems that this sigil is Sammael's sigil (it's on the back of his throne in t'a'r in tFoH), and yet it also appears on the palace in the BT at the end of KoD.

Sanderson has said that the DO would like to bring Sammael back, but can't because he died by mashadar.

Taim was an arrogant bastard in LoC and aCoS, and didn't turn outright evil until somewhere in tPoD, after Sammael died.

The BT now has a very bleak, nasty feel to it, rather like Aridhol, maybe.

I know, a pretty tenuous theory, but isn't this the place for those?

It was also seen on the door of Be'lal carriage in "TDR".

And all three of the times we have seen it, Be'lal, Sammael and Taim, it has been a different color of metal. I believe it was Gold, Silver and Steel.

Originally Posted by [HotH]Trennik
Your mom is the only Legend map left in common circulation!

{Visit the Hunters Of The Horn}

"Maps available @ WoTmaps.com"

Last edited by Devlin1969; 11-25-2009 at 11:17 AM.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:16 AM
Hero of the Horn

yks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Armed Gimp View Post
I think his being dead negates him having a big role in the upcoming books.
hey - that hasn't stopped some of the other characters in WoT!

Bonded to JWB

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
Old 11-25-2009, 11:28 AM
Ancient

lurk has a spectacular aura aboutlurk has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to lurk

stealing gonzo's idea from another thread a bit here (sorry mate )

Mat's ashandarei is a gift he never asked for from the finns but he still got it. And that is always around

it is a special power wrought blade, the ravens have some meaning, probabaly something with the tower of ravens, tower of ghenjei hey two towers.... aah wild guess

"a fox knows many tricks, a hedgehog knows a single good one" by archilochus

Hodie mihi cras tibi (roman epitaph) meaning: today it is me, tomorrow it is you
Old 11-25-2009, 07:15 PM
Youngling

finberg is an unknown quantity at this point

But if we're following the Vin's earring hint, shouldn't we be looking at something having to do with Rand? I guess Mat's ashandarei is something, but what about Alanna's bond? It's been discussed, but not overly so, and wasn't even mentioned in book 12. I haven't got any other ideas...
Old 11-25-2009, 07:18 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Quote:
Originally Posted by finberg View Post
But if we're following the ...hint, shouldn't we be looking at something having to do with Rand?
We are trying to avoid mentioning that hint outright, out of respect for the people who haven't read Mistborn yet (it would spoil a great deal of the series, don't you think?), but as to your question....not necessarily. Also, the bond really isn't comparable as a minor detail, and we've discussed it to death.
Old 11-26-2009, 04:35 AM
Hero of the Horn

Matoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
(it would spoil a great deal of the series, don't you think?)
THIS
It does, it did, and I still wish I had had a chance to figure it out on my own when I read Mistborn. I am positive I would have figured it out anyways, but since I had been previously spoiled on it before I read that series, I can't claim I figured it out. Really really annoying, that. Off-topic: (Though I did figure out who the "narrator" at the beginning of every chapter was about 1/8th through Hero of Ages [That is, before we had any real knowledge other than his word usage])
The thing about limiting it to Rand is that while he's THE main character, we also have a good 3 or 4 or 5 other main characters that have only fractions less importance (and in many cases are absolutely required for Rand's success). So the detail doesn't necessarily have to rest with the Main main character, IMO...(but Terez already said that...I was just adding fluff to my post so as to avoid having a 100% off-topic post... )

[Gawyn] probably pops his collar. - Kivo
Mat's hat is a Darkfriend. - Daekyras
Old 11-26-2009, 05:50 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think we've ever had a real Faile bathing scene, have we? That could be an important detail no one noticed before.
Old 11-26-2009, 07:10 AM
Elder

One Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTheGreat View Post
I don't think we've ever had a real Faile bathing scene, have we? That could be an important detail no one noticed before.
IIRC, I don't think Faile has the right bust for proper WoT bathing scene. I'm sorry, I mean bosom.

Tags
detail from 4-6