art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (4): tevarttelli, alamiajose, pntropwmri, aalcazarwilb,

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - WoT Discussion Boards > Archived: General Wheel of Time Discussion - 05/2008 - 03/2012
User Name
Password

Old 05-29-2010, 01:39 PM
Lord of the Board

Tamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Tamyrlin
Default At Sci-fi Convention with Brandon - Got Questions?

Not sure how much he'll be able to do (Q&A), but reply with questions.
Old 05-29-2010, 01:59 PM
Hero of the Horn

JSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to JSUCamel Send a message via MSN to JSUCamel Send a message via Yahoo to JSUCamel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamyrlin View Post
Not sure how much he'll be able to do (Q&A), but reply with questions.
We want him to reply with answers, not questions!

"Nice try, Jack!" - Robert Jordan (to Camel)
"Camel must be the coolest TLer ever, by now." -GLotD

A grilled cheese eaten more than five minutes later is just no good. -Crispin

Old 05-29-2010, 05:52 PM
Elder

greatwolf will become famous soon enoughgreatwolf will become famous soon enough
Default Taim.

Did Taim defeat Cadsuane? By himself or with help?

It isn't likely he'll go back to that in the last two books, so he might be willing to let us know. I'm pretty certain but a bit of confirmation wouldn't hurt.

Also I hope we get to know how Verin could be so exact in rating the strength of false dragons in TGH, something that Joline (iirc) also seem s to do in TSR.
Old 05-29-2010, 07:45 PM
Elder

FelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant future
Default Twelve questions for Brandon ;o)

Bonus Question: Does Valan Luca have relatives from Malkier, e.g. his parents?

1st. Did the Tarasin Palace Servants leave Andor?

(WH, Ch.8), "But she could not understand why Elayne had given shelter to nearly a hundred and fifty merchants and craftswomen. " (WH,Ch.8); versus 200 individuals (in aPoD, Ch.20 ‘Into Andor’) out of Ebou Dar??

Technically speaking I've counted 206 individual came into Caemlyn with Nynaeve, Elayne et la, not 200 as Elayne's point of view recalls

Breaking down 200 people: 20 Windfinders; 9 Aes Sedai; Kin 147 (including 54 red-belted Wise Women), plus a good 30 non-channeling women (aPoD, Ch.6) 20+9+147+30= 206 people.

Question rephrased: Did Elayne sent home all of the Queen of Altara's servants? Basically, what happened to them all? Does Fortuona now employ them all in Ebou Dar palace?

2nd. Where is Raab? Or are we going to see Raab again?

3rd. Were Hands a common military marking, if nations in the past?

Far Madding steel-capped Street Guards worn ‘a Golden Hand’, similar to the Band of Red Hand’s marking.

Quote:
One of the steel-capped Street Guards, in a leather coat sewn with overlapping square metal plates and a Golden Hand on the left shoulder, stood below the statue using a long limber pole to frighten away black-winged gray pigeons. Savion Amhara was one of the three most revered women in Far Madding’s history, though none was known very far beyond the lake’s shores.

4th. Who are Mat’s “People”?

In reference to his question to the Aelfinn earlier, “Should I go home to help my people?” he asked finally. (Source: tSR “Into the Doorway”)

Originally I was going to ask this question last November in Pasadena, CA to Brandon....

Are Mat's People all the descendants of the Da'Shain Aiel, including the now dead Jenn Aiel?

He's saved a bunch of Windfinders in Ebou Dar, and his now wife is protecting a bunch of Tinkers in Ebou Dar. Then Mat acted as if he was the Master of Blades previously as well. Just curious about 'who his people are'?

5th. Any comments from Brandon about this line of text from Semirhage?:

Quote:
"Lanfear. If there was any justice, time would give her Lanfear."

Lord of Chaos book, Chapter 6 "Threads Woven of Shadow" - Graendal pov thoughts

6th. Why the social gap between Aes Sedai who serve the Coramoor, between what Sailmistress Coine, Jorin each show to Nynaeve & Elayne versus Zaida & Renaile later show?

Quote:
(tSR book, Ch.19 "Wavedancer")

The Sailmistress addressed Elayne and Nynaeve regretfully. “Properly, Aes Sedai, since you serve the Coramoor, I should honor you as I would Sailmistress and Windfinder of another ship. We should bathe together and drink honeyed wine and tell each other stories to make ourselves laugh and weep. But I must make ready to sail, and—”

7thHow was Talene Sedai able to leave the White Tower, being under an Oath?

Quote:
Saerin said to Talene--> “There’s no more need for that, Yukiri. Talene, you won’t try to escape, or resist in any way. You won’t so much as touch the Source without permission from one of us. (WH, Prologue)

8th. Are readers ever going to learn the identities of the other 4 moles Elaida sent into the Saidar Aes Sedai camp in Saidar, Altara originally?

9th. Why have not the Seekers been more suspicious that three individuals of the same Noble House each mysterious died or were relieved of duty (e.g. Suroth)?

Can Brandon comment about why Queen Tylin, Suroth, and Lord Turak all were of the same Noble House?

How do we know this? Because each of them worn "BLUE" fingernails which signify their Noble House, according to the BWB guide.

Note that General Galgan wears "RED" fingernails, as does Fortuona--formerly known as Tuon. Egeanin was raised into the Noble House which has "GREEN" fingernails, well until Tuon re-named her...into a lower status.

Edit missed three questions. Let's fix that with easier questions for Brandon.

10th. High Lady Alteima from Tear, who husband was Tedosian... should not Balwer who is now secretary to Perrin, know what she has been up too? As Balwer was previously influencing Tedosian and the other rebels in Tear. He knew that that Whitecloak were operating in Murandy too.

11. Will Alise meet Talmanes?

One wants a Warder, and the other has the hot for an Aes Sedai...yet is wary of Aes Sedai at the same time. Alise isn't an Aes Sedai...and both are going to be in Caemlyn.

12. Will we see a scene between Lemore – noblewoman of Tarabon, a former damane – and Amathera Aelfdene Casmir Lounault? Who should be in Caemlyn, with Mat & Juilin during ToM book?

For more see, @TinkerPride at Twitter.com

Last edited by FelixPax; 05-29-2010 at 08:13 PM.
Old 05-30-2010, 03:37 AM
Lord of the Board

Tamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Tamyrlin
Default Update

So, I didn't get to ask many questions. I spent lunch with Brandon, but pestering him with questions seemed inappropriate at the time and the q&a was after his reading/book signing which I had to leave early.

Oh well.

But two things he did say. One, recently he read an email a fan sent; this particular fan picked the right small detail. Two - I asked him regarding the big impact of the small detail and he said we have been discussing this big event, which I felt he implied that we (fandom) have been discussing this big event for a long time.

As to other questions, I plan to attend DragonCon, so I recommend we get a list of questions together for that event (still have three months).
Old 05-30-2010, 05:23 PM
Ancient

Neilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant future

This has me thinking the small detail could be Aes Sedai swearing to Rand.

It first happened in 4 IIRC, has been mentioned in every book since, and could mean something huge. It's also not something I usually see discussed.